Tiana B TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought the aqua was nice, I like a lot of turquoise with pink, I find it difficult to walk past the window of Accessorize. The dress is a good length, nice cut for those of us with a waist and a curve to the hip. A V neck which suits me, and the perfect length for my height. Love the sleeves too, I din't luke strapless. To me, the Aqua one looked very bo-ho, which is how I like to dress. I would not have bought the other colours though, but the champagne would look nice on my mum, only she does not like floral clothes. I do, along with polka dots and oriental prints.

Personally I did not think an "old lady" would wear it ( whatever "old" means these days), but apart from that I agreed with Kathy, she said the dress was ageless. As for curtains, trying to imagine the Aqua hanging in the window.... Naaah.

Risk is the print may be too " busy" in the flesh. If it is, as with all the clothes that aren't just perfect, it will go back.

Received my TSV dress yesterday and I am not quite sure.....I order the aqua in an 18 and not sure if the print is just too much. Dont get me wrong I am a big girl and like bright clothes but not 100% on this one, something not quite right.

It fits really well, maybe a bit clingy in places but with a slip underneath it would be fine. (M&S maxi slip is a dream for all maxi dresses)

Going on hols at the weekend so will take with and see if I wear it. If not, it can go back. Shame as I like Tianna B dresses.

for the price of the tiana b tsv i have just bought a dress from ingenue and i am fit to burst waiting for it....

Please report back on how you like your new ingenue dress. I assume you bought it from their website and not QVC. I really like the look of their clothes.

The Tiana B TSV in aqua arrived today. It is really beautiful, to coin an awful american phrase, the colours "pop", much more stunning than came over on the TV. It fit me, size 14, the v neck and the sleeves really flattering and the length just perfect. However, I am returning it- my fault that I don't have a flat tummy, and IMO you need one for this dress. My Kim and co maxi is much more flattering on me, my tum is by no means massive but flat, it aint. If you love monsoon/ accessorize stuff, are about 5'5", large boobs and hips and a waist WITH A FLAT TUM as I used to have... go for the aqua. It's gorgeous.

I was out in my polyester Kim & Co sleeveless dress today in the midday sun and as it is not too clingy it was fine. Didn't break out in a sweat once!

The Tiana B TSV in aqua arrived today. It is really beautiful, to coin an awful american phrase, the colours "pop", much more stunning than came over on the TV. It fit me, size 14, the v neck and the sleeves really flattering and the length just perfect. However, I am returning it- my fault that I don't have a flat tummy, and IMO you need one for this dress. My Kim and co maxi is much more flattering on me, my tum is by no means massive but flat, it aint. If you love monsoon/ accessorize stuff, are about 5'5", large boobs and hips and a waist WITH A FLAT TUM as I used to have... go for the aqua. It's gorgeous.

My aqua arrived too, and like you Weathergirl I have a tummy, so agree wholeheartedly with what you say. BUT I have a little secret, been doing it for years with clothes that just dont quite fit.

Put the dress on the ironing board, and with the steam iron, press and pull the area thats a bit tight. Works every time ! I've done this with jumpers that are tight around the armholes, tops that are a bit tight on the hips and loads of dresses that need that little adjustment. I've been doing it so long that I can 'steam and pull' an extra dress size if I've put a bit of weight on !

Great tip! Will have to try that one. A bigger size woula have swamped me everywhere else, but I looked 12 weeks pregnant with this dress on. None of my other clothes do that. Does Tiana B do only dresses? If this dress was a top it would have been the bees knees.

I have 'turned' a few dresses into tops. Remember the frilly tsv from Anttony, it came in chocolate, red, teal, black and ivory with sequins on ? - well it was far to short on me for a dress so I chopped a lump off the bottom and elasticated the hem and now its a great top that I wear loads !

Not a resounding success then! What a shame. Must admit knew it would be no good for me due to the length. Tried to like it but it just didnt do it for me!

Got the Aqua and cream, aqua is lovely and will look good on holiday but sending the cream back as colour does not look good on me.

Oh lor ! Now I KNOW we all look different in the same item of clothing, ie shape, age, height etc etc. BUT today in my local Sainsbury I saw the cream version walking about, (which I have bought too and has yet to see the light of day).

Ok ok ok ok I probably shouldn't say this, BUT it was on a lady in her 80's - and good for her for wanting to be fashionable and summery, but now I don't really know if I want to wear something that I've seen on an octagenarian pushing a walking aid ! - nearly 30 years older than me.

I suppose looking at it from another perspective, would someone touching 30 want to wear the same outfit as me - 30 years older.

Am I alone in this thinking ?

I did not go for the TSV, but i bought one of their new dresses on TSV day. It was the Orange version and looked lovely on the models (don't they all?) It arrived yesterday and was at the Post Office first thing this morning being sent back. The material was really thin and emphasised my jelly belly, which is the opposite of what I what. I don't buy many clothes from QVC. The postage today was €5,00 to send it back, so I will be buying even less from now on.

I did not go for the TSV, but i bought one of their new dresses on TSV day. It was the Orange version and looked lovely on the models (don't they all?) It arrived yesterday and was at the Post Office first thing this morning being sent back. The material was really thin and emphasised my jelly belly, which is the opposite of what I what. I don't buy many clothes from QVC. The postage today was €5,00 to send it back, so I will be buying even less from now on.

I think I know the dress you mean Itchy, I bought the same one in a different colour, had the same issue and it went back equally as fast!

Is it me, or is the material getting thinner on Tiana B dresses in recent months? I have some of the older range and some of the more recent ones and there is definitely a marked difference in my opinion. Cost cutting?

I think I know the dress you mean Itchy, I bought the same one in a different colour, had the same issue and it went back equally as fast!

Is it me, or is the material getting thinner on Tiana B dresses in recent months? I have some of the older range and some of the more recent ones and there is definitely a marked difference in my opinion. Cost cutting?

Ooooh - What colour did you order? I thought all the colours were lovely and looked so nice on screen. I only have one other Tiana B dress which I bought about 18 months ago. The quality is far superior to the one that arrived yesterday. You are probably right about cutting costs. On the last few shows, the Tiana B lady was looking like a little barrel in the new dresses.

Ooooh - What colour did you order? I thought all the colours were lovely and looked so nice on screen. I only have one other Tiana B dress which I bought about 18 months ago. The quality is far superior to the one that arrived yesterday. You are probably right about cutting costs. On the last few shows, the Tiana B lady was looking like a little barrel in the new dresses.

I went for the turquiose one but liked the look of the orange too. I bought four in total that day, keeping two and waiting for the TSV to arrive as I was too slow and got it on wait list!

I think they definitely feel cheaper and more flimsy than they did. I'm not holding out great hopes for the TSV to be honest but I got sucked in with all the hype and couldn't resist!

Well, my TSV arrived today and I have just tried it on. I'm not 100% convinced but I like it more than I was expecting to which is a good start! I'm of a similar build (height & weight) to Joy (but not with such good legs, unfortunately!!) and I'm not totally sure that it isn't better on someone who's stick thin.

Think I'll take the weekend and mull it over......:wink:

Oh lor ! Now I KNOW we all look different in the same item of clothing, ie shape, age, height etc etc. BUT today in my local Sainsbury I saw the cream version walking about, (which I have bought too and has yet to see the light of day).

Ok ok ok ok I probably shouldn't say this, BUT it was on a lady in her 80's - and good for her for wanting to be fashionable and summery, but now I don't really know if I want to wear something that I've seen on an octagenarian pushing a walking aid ! - nearly 30 years older than me.

I suppose looking at it from another perspective, would someone touching 30 want to wear the same outfit as me - 30 years older.

Am I alone in this thinking ?

No, I'm like this in Bhs. I think "oh, that's a nice top" and then see an old lady looking at it. I'm in my mid-40's which I think is a difficult age. Don't want to look like mutton but don't want to look frumpy.

I once bought a jacket in there which I wasn't 100% sure about and a 21 year old male colleague told me I looked old in it. It went straight back!!

Latest posts

Back