Tiana B hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Very 80s looking dresses on offer. Quite colourful. Cath Huntley is looking less gaunt and her roots are showing through. Her hair looks a little brassy. Her voice is still like a jar of agave syrup!

Exactly what I was thinking. The dresses are very 80's and Catherines's hair is very 80's. That look with the front curled like ringlets looks awful.

Exactly what I was thinking. The dresses are very 80's and Catherines's hair is very 80's. That look with the front curled like ringlets looks awful.

Yes, she wasn't looking good. All those dresses were so retro. Most of them looked like something I imagine people would have worn to Woodstock, or in Prisoner Cell Block H!

I thought the hair - both the Tiana B guest and Catherine's seemed to have been done the same way. I was feeling more of a 1970's vibe myself.

What is completely unacceptable (but par for the course with the website) when you look at what was shown in the hour... 8 of the dresses have the grey Q "image not yet available" message. 50% of the hour and you have to run the video for each dress to see what it looks like.

Some of the dresses have the most headache-inducing colour combinations. I thought the idea for good dressing was that you remember the person, not the clothes.

Even the models looked dire in these gaudy unflattering outfits. No hope for ordinary folks.

(And what is it about presenters and their roots? If they want to do the fake yellow hair thing then surely Q keeps selling those touch up kits?)

Even the models looked dire in these gaudy unflattering outfits. No hope for ordinary folks.

(And what is it about presenters and their roots? If they want to do the fake yellow hair thing then surely Q keeps selling those touch up kits?)

Well now you are assuming that Q presenters have taste and style, but they don't…………….. and there's the answer to your question

Mum always taught me that colour is important. Beware of "cheap" black clothes which fade, bleed or go shiny. Cheap printed fabric because the "ink" cracks as the fabric moves. Even now we can both spot garments in decent fabrics just by the depth of colour.

We were poor in the 1960's but Mum bought good quality 2nd hand clothes from a market stall near us (we lived in London so the clothes were probably discarded by a toff or gangsters wife). She once found a lovely olive green Jaeger suit which looked stunning and lasted her for years. Nowadays IMHO "fashion" clothes ranges are made to be disposable after a few months wear.

Latest posts

Back