Thorntons Guest Hairpiece

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I was going to post about this last night on the launch of the Thorntons TSV, but decided sleepy time was more needed.

I saw her on this morning's Morning Show - no hair piece, and she looked much better.

She is on again this evening, with her hairpiece on again. I think it looks absolutely dreadful. Sorry I don't recall her name. I really like her as a guest, but the hairpiece is something else.

Of course she's on with Micéal, who is in his element pontificating about the chocolate. He's really, genuinely enthused though - I've got the tv on on mute, and you can see when they are being fake a mile off when there are no words to get in the way.

The title of my thread is strangely apt - the hairpiece seems like an extra guest on the show. Sorry, nice Thorntons lady - but please dispense with the hairpiece in future.

It is rather disturbing, isn't?
Improbably thick and rather oddly placed.

I wonder sometimes whether companies like Thorntons, or Molton Brown, or Julien Thingy of the weird name dropping, have someone to watch their shows. Surely they must realise that their presenters often do more harm than good?

But what am I saying? If QVC doesn't control the ridiculousness in its own presenters, we cant expect anyone to control the guest presenters, can we? Silly me to even suggest it.

I thought the extra ponytail was a bit odd too.....reminded me of Rodney's in Only Fools and Horses when he threw it behind the sofa when his girlfriend, Cassandra, said she hated men with pony tails and then gallantly 'caught' the rat she thought she saw! Priceless.....

However naff it looks (and boy does it ever), at least she has made a real effort to look nice for her presentations. I thought last night on the launch, and again this evening that it was a good thing she was on with a presenter who takes care to look smart on camera... no leggings and peeptoe wedges with a sharkbite hemmed tunic in sight.

I appreciate it when a guest does themselves up nicely to spend time in my living room flogging their wares... however misguided the particular choices they make might be.

She wore it last year too, still looks awful with it, she looks much better without it!

Awwww missed it but as I need glasses I probably wouldn't have noticed. I wore odd shoes to work the other week and people thought I was doing it for children in need :mysmilie_17:

CC

She never used to wear it. She was on one day when the Ken Paves or replacement shows were on and they must have plonked this on her. Now she clearly thinks it is fab, and if she likes it that is fine, but I think she wears it much too high and too far back. It looks as if she has a double head size. It just needs to be further forward I think.

She never used to wear it. She was on one day when the Ken Paves or replacement shows were on and they must have plonked this on her. Now she clearly thinks it is fab, and if she likes it that is fine, but I think she wears it much too high and too far back. It looks as if she has a double head size. It just needs to be further forward I think.

can this thread stop.its bringing tears to my eyes and i cant stop laughing please!

Latest posts

Back