Tarte TSV 1/6/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think I'm going to go for this, I'm using their colour sticks at the moment and I really like them (despite the colours being very similar) I'm on long term sick from work at the moment and have bought waaaay too much recently but I don't care :)

I very rarely post (I read) but I've been watching Q a LOT recently and starting to see what everyone is talking about.

I know - once someone comments on something, you suddenly become sensitised to it. It's good though - as you become more aware of some of the sales tactics, it may help to strengthen the resolve not to buy. Doesn't always work for me, but I really do try to make sure there isn't a better price elsewhere... and if you're trying something new I think the 30day MBG is still invaluable on higher-priced items.

I'm sending a few things back, if they put me on their black list then so be it. They've had enough of my money over the past 20 years.

tarte 6 Piece Best Face Forward Make-Up Collection & Bag
Item Number: 208035
QVC Price £46.50
Today's Special Value Price £38.40
P&P £3.95

This incredible seven-piece make-up set contains coloured clay-infused CC primer and bronzer blush, LipSurgence lip creme and lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara, plus - designed exclusively for QVC - an Amazonian Clay eyeshadow quad, double-ended complexion brush and a geo-print make-up bag. Formulated with a lightweight feel yet providing long-lasting wear, this Best Face Forward Collection by tarte will take your make-up routine in a whole new exciting direction.

A US phenomenon - a cult brand in the US, tarte cosmetics is only currently available in the UK at QVC; so we're bringing you this amazing brand before anyone else.

A complete collection - with everything you need for natural-looking flawless make-up, you can build coverage to create everything from a barely-there look to all out evening glamour.

Feel good formulas - all tarte products are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulphate, synthetic fragrances and gluten, instead leaning toward natural, good-for-skin ingredients that give optimum performance.

Contains:

1 x colored clay CC primer (14.5g) - in Fair, Light, Medium, Tan and Deep. This oil-free correcting stick is a multi-tasking primer designed to brighten skin, even skin tone, blur imperfections and neutralise redness and discoloration. The custom 'hourglass' applicator design combines purple and green clay and aims to deliver the perfect balance of colour correction and coverage that buffs, blends, and seamlessly adjusts to your skin tone. Infused with colour-correcting clay
1 x colored clay bronzer blush in Pink Bronze (9g) - this moisture-rich all-over mineral powder can be used on any skin tone, and combines a balance of bronzer and blush, which helps to brighten skin without appearing dry or flaky. Formulated with coloured clay
1 x LipSurgence lip crème in Vintage (3g) - in honeysuckle pink. Provides a creamy-colour veil designed to stay in place all day while helping to restore moisture for maximum hydration. Enriched with Vitamins C and E, plus peppermint and jojoba oil
1 x lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara (7ml) - deigned to lengthen curl, volumise and condition, delivering evenly-coated pigment while helping to protect lashes. Infused with plant botanicals and waxes
1 x Amazonian clay eyeshadow quad (1.6g) - designed especially for QVC. Contains four co-ordinating eyeshadow shades, with each pigmented shadow designed to mattify and control oil for extender wear. Infused with colour-correcting coloured clay
1 x double-ended complexion brush - designed especially for QVC. This two-in-one complexion tool features domed and flat-sided bristles for buffing on seamless, buildable coverage and targeted applications in hard-to-reach areas
1 x make-up bag - designed especially for QVC, this limited-edition make-up bag has a vibrant geometric design

How to use:
colored clay CC primer:

Apply directly to your face, starting at the centre and blend outwards
Buff into skin using fingertips, or the complexion brush for fuller coverage

colored clay bronzer blush:

Using a blush brush, gently dust along the cheekbones, down the centre of your nose, and across your forehead
Build to your perfect level of coverage

LipSurgence lip crème:

Twist the base clockwise and apply to lips

lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara:

Wiggle the wand in a zigzag motion from base to tip

Amazonian clay eyeshadow quad:

Using fingertips or an eyeshadow brush, apply shades to the lid, crease, outer corner, and brow bone

Behind the brand
Committed to delivering real results for real women, the eco-chic tarte cosmetics range is cruelty-free and infused with superfruits, plant extracts, essential oils and other naturally-derived ingredients. Not only does this fabulous make-up look good, it feels good too!

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.208035

I really want it but I don't need it, so I'm going to be good and not order it. The CC primers has got some bad reiews and I don't use blusher, and only use eyeshadow now and again, but it's the Tarte TSV!! Ooooooh, don't know what to do!! :mysmilie_13:

I am having second thoughts as well the eyeshadow weight seems tiny 1.6g, I wonder if that is each colour or the whole quad? It may be on 2 EZ pay.

I always thing the really pale model they use on the Tarte shows (the one who wiggles her eyebrows and smirks) looks awful when they put the lightest shade of foundation product on her, but in close-up and long-shot.

I am having second thoughts as well the eyeshadow weight seems tiny 1.6g, I wonder if that is each colour or the whole quad? It may be on 2 EZ pay.

Does seem tiny doesn't it? The Mally Pallet in this set here:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-6-Piece-....207879.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-24-_-207879

has a total weight of 7.7 g (I have this set.) Each square is approx 1"x1". It is a small compact but still is a full size you would expect to see sold as a full size in department stores.

So the Tarte one, if it's a total weight as described, is teeny tiny sample sized at best. If each square is as described then the total weight would be about 7.7 g like the Mally one so much more respectable.

I missed it in the net (was at the cinema). Will have to keep clicking the link & see if I can order it early so I can go to bed before midnight.

I will probably order this as have been itching to try the brand but they will have to sell it to me I'm not going to just order immediately.

I bought the Mally TSV and love it, the foundation is great and just the right colour and so have even order a second foundation and brush on ebay for my work bag as I think it will be an easy foundation to touch up.

I love Tarte mascara, but I already have the CC primer and it's really not very good and although I like the look of the eye quad I have a million eye shadows this colour...so its a no fro me this time!

QVC have plugged the hell out of this, it's been given to (ok, featured by :wink:) most of the big beauty bloggers. They should utilise this medium more often.

I've decided I'm not getting it, I was getting dragged in to the hype. Although Tarte products look lovely, there's nothing in this TSV that I need or would use except the mascara, not worth paying over £40 for that, so I'm going to be good and not get it.............anyway, that bag would give me a migraine every time I looked at it, seriously.

QVC have plugged the hell out of this, it's been given to (ok, featured by :wink:) most of the big beauty bloggers. They should utilise this medium more often.

After the number of TSVs that have tanked recently, and the fact that this is the debut TSV from Tarte, I can understand the belt & braces approach from QVC. This has been given the honour of launching beauty month (what, isn't every month a beauty month, I hear you cry!) so it will look terrible if they can't shift it.

Good luck to those of you who are fancying it, but trying to resist. I hope you manage to stick to your guns.

Latest posts

Back