Tarte TSV 1/6/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They all look as if they`ve been tangoed !
Apart from Jen - the very pale blonde with super-thick dark eyebrows. She looks healthier colour-wise in the before than the after in my opinion.

Ali Young has either found the Tarte equivalent of shimmerbrick or couldn't resist putting on some shimmerbrick. Whatever they've made her up in does not look good on her... she looked way better after the Mally team made her up for the Mally TSV (and the rather shapeless drapey grey top she's wearing does her no favours either).

I have ordered but wanted to see the eyeshadows, gave up about 12.20 am, AY talking buzz words Echo chic with out showing the colours. Laughed at the VT of Lee paddling herself down the Amazon to go get the clay for our products:mysmilie_17:

I've ordered too as I want to try the brand. Gone for Fair, I'm Porcelain in LG & Fair in BM.

I actually thought perhaps I would have given in and just order after watching the live demo. No, not happening. I can see the comments on QVC Facebook, 'if it had been on easy pay, I would buy it. Its not on easy pay so no.'

Yes AY has shimmer bricked up. Also I noticed when she turned her head sideways when picking something up, her eye bags/dark circles look really bad. Makes me think the Tarte concealer is not all that.

For those of you who like Paula Choices she gives Tarte bad reviews, the Amazonian Clay thing she says is just cheap dirt no matter where it comes from. :mysmilie_15: No prisoners.

I actually thought perhaps I would have given in and just order after watching the live demo. No, not happening. I can see the comments on QVC Facebook, 'if it had been on easy pay, I would buy it. Its not on easy pay so no.'

Yes AY has shimmer bricked up. Also I noticed when she turned her head sideways when picking something up, her eye bags/dark circles look really bad. Makes me think the Tarte concealer is not all that.

For those of you who like Paula Choices she gives Tarte bad reviews, the Amazonian Clay thing she says is just cheap dirt no matter where it comes from. :mysmilie_15: No prisoners.

Oh - and Ali said the mascara doesn't clump - so what the heck happened to her eyelashes???? Clump city!

Totally agree about the eyes - unfortunately for Ali, her undereye area is looking extremely puffy tonight. I'd think she'd need to try the haemmeroid cream trick to try and shrink them.

Some has already been listed on ebay.

I don't think I'd risk buying where the seller relies on a picture copied from the Q website. It's generally a sign that they don't possess the items but are waiting for their TSVs to be delivered. I imagine some sellers got stung (and buyers disappointed) when the Christmas Mally TSV had the wrong eye stick colour in it, or by the last Laura Geller TSV with its broken compacts. I prefer to see pictures of the actual literal item I'm bidding on. It's funny to watch the same sellers under-cutting each other by 5p on the buy it now listings.

If you look on the American Tarte website it lists all the ingredients and all this hype about Amazonian mud/clay or whatever they call it is rubbish. I`m not doubting they have a touch of the stuff in there somewhere but they sure as hell have a load of common or garden ingredients in there too. For example the main ingredient is their eye shadows is talc, just like all the cheap eye shadows out there and the CC stick is full of the same stuff other brands have in them too. It`s a little bit of Colgeau going on here, makeup made from common or garden contents and hyped with a "touch" of Amazonian clay.

I finally managed to order this at 11:30pm last night as it went back live on the website, so I got to bed before midnight. And I've just checked my account and it's been shipped already. I'll be very impressed if I get this tomorrow.

Not watched the launch though. I set a record for it. I might look online at dinner though.

the only make up brand i have bought from qvc that l like is bare minerals. i would rather go to debenhams, john lewis or boots and buy what i need when i need it. saves money and i only have one make -up box rather than 10 full with stuff i dont like/wont use

I have been stung several times with 'new' cosmetic ranges from Q over the years - and did it again with the Joan Collins lippy/nailvarnish duo. Most of the companies present their products in really cheap plastic containers and try to plump it up with a free bag. We don't need gimmicks, we need decent products. Most of the 'stuff' on Q beautywise is nearly always £38, only a measly £7 less than the 'normal' price but takeaway the 'free' bag and its down to £35ish.

As for lipsticks, I've lost count of the number I've discarded because the colour doesn't suit. One of the Joan Collins I've received is way too dark for me, so may get used for evening wear, which is why I like to see before I buy.

Blimey Fair has sold out (just a 100 available on advanced order Anne says)! Glad I ordered earlier this morning. Also my daughter has decided to buy the whole set for herself in Light (she self tans more than I do) so I'll have a spare compact of the pink bronzer from my set if anyone wants just that item feel free to PM me with an offer.

She's not giving me the "share it with my DD" excuse - after all I've done for her! :mysmilie_10::mysmilie_13:

There is a different market here than the one in the USA, I know this because I lived there for a while. American women's makeup and skincare can't really be compared to how we work in the UK. American women in my opinion, will fall for anything, they are told a story and buy lots of it, they are way too gullable in comparison to British women, what sells in the States does not mean it will be better or a big seller over here - I say this right across the ranges. Remember whats is name Michael de Cesere what happened to him, he seemed to get an award for a product range that I think is awful, then viola - we see him no more on QVC who say they were so proud to have him.

I have never bought Laura Geller or Prai - but I always watch the shows because I like the two women who (on the face of it - no pun intended) seem to totally love their products. The former because of her lovely nature, which seems genuine to me, and Cathy Kangus because of her deep involvement in Animal Welface, she is quite a remarkable lady. There are several shows I watch just because I like - either the presenter, or the guests.

I couldn't care if I never saw Debbie Flint on tv again, indeed, I didn't miss her all those years she was gone pursuing other things. I think most of the presenters totally over rate everything, perhaps that's what they are told to do.

The UK buyers should realise that there are more "Fair" wearers in the UK than in the States. It's often the palest shades that are first to sell out. There are also plenty of truly alabaster beauties in the UK that QVC's American brands don't even cater for!

Anyone spotted any OTOs yet?

Mine is on the way! Tarte is extortionate here so even with the exchange rate it works out good value. Love Tarte so really looking forward to this kit - once it arrives in Ireland and then gets to Singapore! : )

Hi T always nice to see you posting again, hope you don't have to wait too long for your globe-trotting Tarte!

Latest posts

Back