sweet peas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

eyepye

Registered Shopper
hi could anyone give me a update on these ,mine started really well but all off a sudden they are starting to turn yellow a not many flowers one basket is better than the other i have looked after them so am a bit dissapointed with them
thanks eileen

Eileen top up the compost and are you watering daily?

Our house is North, but in the last week we have had a fabulous display, thanks to topping up the soil and daily watering

Eileen top up the compost and are you watering daily?

Our house is North, but in the last week we have had a fabulous display, thanks to topping up the soil and daily watering

thanks for that jabbathehut will give a try

I hd to complain about these as very few of them survived and even the few that did were very weak.
I was promised replacement plants but so far have not received any and its getting a bit late in the season to be planting any now.
Another phone call is in order methinks.
Thankd for reminding me about them:happy:

OH eventually took our out of the baskets and put them in big pots instead...i think only one has survived.

I wont be buying plants from QVC again, very poor all round.

The tree peonies arent doing that great either, ive had one flower and that fell off because of the rain, none of the others even have a bud :(

They should never have sold them like that. Sweet peas have long roots and need deep soil. They also need a lot of nutrients which ordinarily they would get from the soil they grow in. They also need a lot of water. The baskets they sold with the SP's were just too small and shallow to fully satisfy any of these needs, although some might be lucky.

I would ask for a full refund.

Linda:flower::flower:

Would QVC not want the baskets returned if i asked for a refund?? The baskets are pretty, i want to keep them!! lol

We have had the same problem with our sweetpeas. They started out really well but are now really yellow and tangled up. OH waters them every day and feeds them twice a week. They smell lovely but they look really sorry for themselves. Also, one of our brackets was broken. We already had a bracket outside anyway so this wasn't a problem. However, knowing what we know now we would have returned the lot. Very disappointed with the quality overall.

Mine in the baskets aren.t doing very well either, the leaves are all yellow, and I do water and feed them and take the dead heads off, what there is are quite pretty, but not the display Richard Jackson raved about, and to be honest I cant be bothered to transfer them in to other containers, just wont buy anymore.

They do have to constantly untangled, but I think thats how sweet peas are supposed to grow and up a frame or something, but not all huddled together in asmall basket, that why they are getting tangled

But the baskets are pretty so will save them for next year

Last edited:
I bought them last year from QVC with the nice willow baskets. The plants were rubbish and did nothing very much.It's not the first time I'd had poor plants from them, but it WAS the last!:flower::flower::flower:

I have had several lots of plants from QVC this year, most were good qulaity, from Thompson and Morgan and Hayloft, but my last lot from another supplier, were not so good.
Not keen on sweet peas so did not buy them

Latest posts

Back