Sunday's Lulu Guinness TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry don't like LG bags and I don't think much of LG herself either tbh. She always comes over so far up herself ... to me she just sells WAY OTT priced bags, all as stiff as a board, no give or suppleness. There I've said it so shoot me down in flames but I am sorry there is a recession on and she should realise that. £200, £300, £400 for a bag - way way way too dear for just a blinkin handbag.

Sorry don't like LG bags and I don't think much of LG herself either tbh. She always comes over so far up herself ... to me she just sells WAY OTT priced bags, all as stiff as a board, no give or suppleness. There I've said it so shoot me down in flames but I am sorry there is a recession on and she should realise that. £200, £300, £400 for a bag - way way way too dear for just a blinkin handbag.

Agree with every word, Spooky.

£189.60 for a canvas bag, she's having a laugh!
Way, way too expensive, don't care if it has got a ❝designer❞ name attached to it.

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm I rather like the black one !

Luckily for me its showing as waitlist online, so its a no no for me! I dont want someones elses return !!

I can't be doing with the twee lady or her bags, she must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I agree Jabba. The black is the most practical coming into autumn. I'd be worrying about keeping the other colours clean. I'll stick to my Coccinelle!

I will say the presenters etc on QVC get a good staff discount anyway(maybe they knock off the shipping, now there is a good discount to start with).

They sell LG in House of Fraser and I wandered past yesterday. Yes big shiny and has been said hard and stiff(oh er missus), not that comfortable to carry round under your arm.

I love the way CHunley goes on about the little purses at £53+ oh wonderful gift etc. They are just cloth purses!

The black one looks nice. It's even got an outside pocket, which most LG bags don't have. Everyone has a mobile phone these days and by the time you've got the zip open and fiddled around inside, you've got a missed call. Had it been the price of the first easy pay I would have been tempted but as someone said above, I'll wait for the sale on her website.

Her nappa leather bags are gorgeous. I squished the bright pink large Jenny bag in House of Fraser a couple of weeks back and it is gorgeous. But that's not on easy pay so I'm safe.

I do like some of her patent bags too but I've never been tempted enough to buy.

I'd forgotten but I do have a Lulu Guinness bag but it's got to be 10 years plus old and it's a gorgeous black evening bag. Very simple, not quirky in the least and not obviously LG. It's hardly an everyday bag but it still looks gorgeous.

I like the black one but it's on waitlist so not tempted. The next choice would be the stone but it is just not practical being such a light fabric i think it would mark easily.

I just don't believe they have to be those prices to get the quality.

Last year my husband treated me, as part of a very special anniversary present, to the most beautiful bag. It's huge & the softest, squishiest, shiniest black patent real leather bag you could hope to find, with lovely brass zips & fittings & lined with taupe real suede. It's an Italian brand (forgotten which as it isn't covered in logos) & we got it in a little posh handbag shop for £190. Much nicer than any I've seen on her shows.
So why hers need to cost £300-£400+ I can't justify

I like the satin Polyanna bag but I would never spend that sort of money or anything close on a handbag

Just curious to those who buy them, do they keep their good looks over the years so you could pass on to daughters etc. I'm guessing they probably also have a second-hand value?

Last edited:
Many years ago I 'found' an LG bag in TKMAXX, for £40. I still have it, and its still in brilliant condition. I have also splurged on a plain black leather patent with bone coloured handles (it was done in blue with black handles), and to be honest it does reek of quality compared to other bags that I have - and that includes Makowski,Kipling, Stone Mountain etc. and I always use it as my 'best' bag. So, IMO you do get what you pay for.

I like the satin Polyanna bag but I would never spend that sort of money or anything close on a handbag

Just curious to those who buy them, do they keep their good looks over the years so you could pass on to daughters etc. I'm guessing they probably also have a second-hand value?

They definitely keep their looks! I use mine daily, I carry files and a laptop in my extra large Jenny, it still looks perfect! I will say that one of the little mirror zip pulls came off a while back, but I contacted LG and they sent me two spares! I also use the continental leather patent purse daily and it still looks brand new - and trust me, that gets a hammering, lol! :cash:

I do think you get what you pay for. I bought myself another bag last night and the Couture large purse for my mums birthday. She won't be happy with me spending that much, but she will be so chuffed to own a LG piece :happy: I am also just about to put a load of my other bags on eBay as I find since owning LG I just don't use them as much. Plus I need to fund my habit :taphead: haha

But I agree - if you're not a fan then they are a lot of money. You either love her or you hate her, it's a good job we're all different I say! :cool:

Latest posts

Back