Sunday's Lulu Guinness TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got the large black patent clasp purse for Christmas 2009 and it's still going strong, albeit the metal clasp is now brassy coloured because the silver coloured metal has worn off and the stripey lining is mucky due to the dirty coins. It was £90 (I had a budget of £100) but I see it's now on the LG website at £135. That's going some - £45 in 20 months!!

I have a few LG bags, all bought in sales. They're more formal than is really 'me', but recently I broke my shoulder and have been forced to use hand-held bags. The Lulus have come into their own! I find that I like the structured shape; it means I can find things more easily, and when it sits on the floor it stays upright and doesn't collapse into a squidge. They really do ooze quality. I also bought my daughter a pink satin LG purse in a Harrods sale. I thought she might not use such a girly thing, but I was amused recently to see that it's her standard container for 'important' items like travelcards; it's been dragged round festivals and backpacking trips, and still looks lovely. I think they're probably worth the money if you want a long-term investment and you're a bit of a girly girl. (I didn't think I was, but there you go!)

Nice canvas bag...knock the 1 off the price and I might have been interested.

......and the rest! I wouldn't part with more than £25 for a canvas bag, and even then I would REALLY REALLY have to LOVE it! Just don't get all this designer bag stuff, yes, I know the quality's good, but then it jolly well should be, some of the designs are nice....but you can get quality and design without having to pay hundreds of pounds over the odds just for a name..madness!

As many know I have *ahem* quite a comprehensive collection of Mulberry Bags but the prices of those are becoming ridiculous now ! I mean £900 and upwards now !
It makes LG look affordable by comparison

As many know I have *ahem* quite a comprehensive collection of Mulberry Bags but the prices of those are becoming ridiculous now ! I mean £900 and upwards now !
It makes LG look affordable by comparison

You aren't known as the 'bag lady' are you Jabba..............:wink:

Slightly off-topic: I'd really really like a Large or extra-large Maddy (not just cos it's my DD's name) preferably in stone but it seems to have been discontinued. If anyone knows where I could get one please let me know.

Jude xx

Slightly off-topic: I'd really really like a Large or extra-large Maddy (not just cos it's my DD's name) preferably in stone but it seems to have been discontinued. If anyone knows where I could get one please let me know.

Jude xx

CH probaly has a couple tucked in her knicker drawer for presents

Lol I bet the presenters have loads of spares just lying around! Have you tried the LG shops Ak? I emailed about a purse in the sale and they replied saying they no longer have it on the website but may be in stock in some of their stores - so may be worth a try. I am still hankering after the doll face wanda with the black hair, but they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth. I guess that's a good thing in terms of exclusivity but frustrating when you really want one!

So did anyone go for the TSV or anything else on Sunday?

Latest posts

Back