Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m not sure they could put money in your bank as they wouldn’t have your bank details if you are an individual who pays tax through PAYE. I‘m sure I got a cheque but that was a few years ago.
I was due money back from the tax and I had to give bank details for it to go into my account. I was told and this was 3 years ago it could only go into my back account.

Cartoon Vax Henrys 130416033_101584.jpg

Yes saw that, what on earth was going on? That is unusual even in ‘normal’ times, perhaps they are making sure they have COVID for Christmas?Meanwhile the rest of us aka more sensible of us keep closer to home and observe the practises we are advised to follow.
There must have been some kind of rallying call or whatever the trendy term for it is on social meeja because you never gets crowds like that outside Harrods except perhaps in the sale and then it wouldn’t just be young folk. Covent Garden can get rammed at night near Christmas when people are out on the razz, but that seemed excessive even for that.

I was due money back from the tax and I had to give bank details for it to go into my account. I was told and this was 3 years ago it could only go into my back account.
It might depend on what kind of payment HMRC are making. If it's to do with pensions they will send you a cheque because I had two last year and Mr CC has had refund cheques as well. Other times if I've had a refund it's been paid directly into the bank. One thing though, HMRC usually write to you about anything. I have never had a phone call or email from them and I've been doing tax stuff/returns/disputes etc for about 20 years!

CC

Did anyone see the pix of the crowds outside Harrods and in Covent Garden yesterday. Hundreds upon hundreds of people rammed together! Needless to say only a few were wearing masks. In normal times I couldn’t bear to be caught up in a scrum like that let alone this year. 😷
These geniuses are prolonging the agony for all of us!
We all long to "get back to normal", but it's a collective effort. The more who disregard the social distancing guidelines when out in public, the more loss we all have, and the longer it will drag on.

Whilst I absolutely agree with Hairdressers and beauty salons being allowed to open if you are in tier 3 I am absolutely peeved off that I can have a stranger touch me but not allowed to go and sit in a restaurant with my husband, these rules need sorting out.😡
I think that is over-zealous. If you are from one household, you should be able to sit together or directly across from one another. The liars who claim to be from a single household but are not have spoiled it...

I can’t bear to read articles about animal abandonment or cruelty. As soon as I see a photo or headline I have to move on.

I've noticed from various Face Book groups I follow how many dogs have been stolen since the start of the first lockdown in March. Every day people are posting pics of their beloved canines and sadly most of them are pure breeds not Heinz 57’s.

I suppose they’ve become more valuable recently.

I can’t bear to read articles about animal abandonment or cruelty. As soon as I see a photo or headline I have to move on.

I've noticed from various Face Book groups I follow how many dogs have been stolen since the start of the first lockdown in March. Every day people are posting pics of their beloved canines and sadly most of them are pure breeds not Heinz 57’s.

I suppose they’ve become more valuable recently.
A work colleague was telling me that the price of dogs had rocketed during lockdown and that a dog which cost between £500 - £800 pre lockdown is now going for £1500 plus. She said there is a big trade with people taking pups from Northern Ireland where the going rate is £1500 over to England where they can get £2000 each.
She was inviting me to buy Mr L a dog to encourage him to walk and to keep him company . I told her if I was going to get a dog my first port of call would be the rescue centre to save a wee mutt.

If your P800 shows you are due a refund and you do not claim it online within a certain time then they send a cheque.

Actually, I cashed in one of my pensions and they taxed it I was told by Scottish Widows to claim it back. So I phoned the tax office and the sent the paperwork and the money went into my account as they said that was the only way they paid it.

A work colleague was telling me that the price of dogs had rocketed during lockdown and that a dog which cost between £500 - £800 pre lockdown is now going for £1500 plus. She said there is a big trade with people taking pups from Northern Ireland where the going rate is £1500 over to England where they can get £2000 each.
She was inviting me to buy Mr L a dog to encourage him to walk and to keep him company . I told her if I was going to get a dog my first port of call would be the rescue centre to save a wee mutt.
This is good but, it seems the charities are having over a thousand people applying for one dog. People just give up and buy one and it very well might come from a puppy farm.

Actually, I cashed in one of my pensions and they taxed it I was told by Scottish Widows to claim it back. So I phoned the tax office and the sent the paperwork and the money went into my account as they said that was the only way they paid it.
Maybe it depends on the specific circumstances but the Gov.uk website states that if you don’t claim a refund from your P800 then after a certain time they send a cheque.

I’m woken every morning by a message on my BT landline that I have a text message telling me my broadband is going to be disconnected.
I’ve had that phone call a few times but, as I’m ex-directory, I’m guessing it’s a randomly dialled call especially as I’m with Sky for my landline and broadband. 😉

Latest posts

Back