Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It isn't just dogs going missing. When I walk around my neighbourhood there are 6+ small posters from bereft kitty owners.
Yet another unpleasant side effect of lockdown :(
I belong to a local Pet lost and found on Facebook, loads of cats gone missing in the past few months. But also quite a few found. Strangely in a 2 month period Siamese cats 3 gone missing. Very rare to see Siamese disappear as they are not usually let out to roam and kept in gardens if out.

I see Rudy Giuliani has tested positive- Karma?
One thing that frustrates me about these people, is they have continued making light of it. Does it take one of them to die before they stop downplaying it? Or for at least some of their blinkered followers to pause and reflect?
I don't wish anything bad to happen to any of these people, as being ill is no joke at the best of times.

Cartoon man decision 129143230_43283.jpg

As a complete non sewer with 2 left hands I love watching the Sewing Bee so just a quick heads up for anybody else who likes the series there will be 2 celebrity episodes on Boxing Day and New Year`s Eve.
Really enjoy the normal show. Couldn't care less about slebs though.
I used to terrify my gran when I had a needle in hand!

Whichever celebs are taking part must have some sewing skills so it might be interesting to see who they are and what they`re capable of ?
Nah, I'll pass. Mostly it is just another opportunity for them to air their egos. I am over the lazy TV gimmick of sticking slebs into successful formats. I refuse to watch them.

Because I love Sewing Bee I will watch it but very few of the celebs appealed to me. Sarah Pasco can’t stand the woman same with D v Outan and a drag Queen amongst them (what is this obsession with drag queens?)
Denise Van Outen, Strictly’s Shirley Ballas, Dr Ranj Singh and comedian Sara Pascoe will feature in the first episode, while The Vivienne, Lesley Joseph, Sabrina Grant and Sally Philips will feature in the second special.

One thing that frustrates me about these people, is they have continued making light of it. Does it take one of them to die before they stop downplaying it? Or for at least some of their blinkered followers to pause and reflect?
I don't wish anything bad to happen to any of these people, as being ill is no joke at the best of times.
Do you notice that all of those &&&&s despite being anything but fit and healthy seem to have got away with barely a cough - I’ve had a flu which has but me out of action for longer. The cynic in me wonders if it is just a ploy to show their brain dead followers that it is over exaggerated.

As a complete non sewer with 2 left hands I love watching the Sewing Bee so just a quick heads up for anybody else who likes the series there will be 2 celebrity episodes on Boxing Day and New Year`s Eve.
I love the sewing bee. Whilst I could attempt to make something following a pattern I am amazed at what they make in the transformation challenge.

I love the Sewing Bee as I used to be quite good at it as a youngster. My mum bought me a reconditioned Singer (that, amazingly, I rescued from my exes clutches) that I'd knock an outfit up in an evening on.

I can hardly get the thread through the needle these days but I do still do repairs that I can get away with when they're not seen! I realise now my lack of patience with my nan when she'd ask me to thread her needle was not one of my best moments.

I hate and always have sewing, I can turn up a pair of jeans sew a button on. My school report even said Donna has no interest and does not even bother.:LOL: I never finished anything we had to make. My granny had a vintage Singer machine worked by peddles she used for curtains otherwise we never had or wanted a sewing machine. My mum worked in a clothes factory and used to bring stuff in and get one of the stitchers to do it.

I also hated craft bored me to death.

I hate and always have sewing, I can turn up a pair of jeans sew a button on. My school report even said Donna has no interest and does not even bother.:LOL: I never finished anything we had to make. My granny had a vintage Singer machine worked by peddles she used for curtains otherwise we never had or wanted a sewing machine. My mum worked in a clothes factory and used to bring stuff in and get one of the stitchers to do it.

I also hated craft bored me to death.
Snap! What made my complete inability even worse was the fact that I have a very artistic family & several are very good with the needle! Our Textiles teacher was Mrs Smith, she seemed to be at least 90, had a receding chin & a wattle throat, to say I detested her is putting it mildly. She smacked my head when I failed to thread a sewing machine & that made sure that I never put in any effort & stitched extremely slowly. A couple of years ago I discovered needle felting, the only craft I've ever enjoyed & my efforts aren't too bad. We all have talents, I'm not going to divulge mine, that's for a very different thread 😉

Latest posts

Back