Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am conducting a survey

Cartoon drinking survey 94259592_2886121241.jpg

After working in garden all morning sitting for a while. Neighbours to the back who have spend all week cooking a la Ali K now have their family up. The ones to the side are in deckchairs in the front gsrden with one on a rug strumming a guitar. Now I love a guitar but not the same 3 cords for a solid hour and counting.

Makes my blood boil as I won’t even stop at Lidl or the garage if I have already done my main shop as Iit doesn’t constitute going out once to get groceries.

If that person does not shut up they are going to have a guitar shoved when the sun don’t shine.

Ahhhhhh.....there's always some wanker with the guitar......

I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t unlawful guests making the racket. I try not to use a machine for more time than absolutely necessary so that people have a bit of peace and quiet but I seem to be a lone voice in the wilderness.

Holy #### they have now been joined by some sort of recorder.
Whaaaaaaaaaat?

Mr CC went for it this evening out in the garden with his 60's reggae/ska type music - success! Everyone else went inside within 20 minutes. Result :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We're not noise tossers, but I have to say one neighbour putting radio on full blast at 9am and leaving it on allllll daaaayyyyyyy was a bit wearing. So we hit back . . .

CC ( who used to use Ace of Spades at quite a loud volume in her old house to piss the "we will make as much noise as we like" people off). Yes, I know but it worked.

I am going to resort to playing my Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen (to lighten the mood) a bit of Springsteen and Bryan Adams for a bit of rock and then some classical to really piss them of.
Our local cafe used to play Leonard Cohen when we went in on a Friday for a night out tea!! Way to go to get custom (not) lol. You'll have no doubt I had a word lol. I like LC but maybe not on a night out.

CC

I love BD/LC/BS/BA as I am a child of the 60’s rather rather than 70’s or 80’s . None of my neighbours would be even remotely into that type of music I am keeping it as my secret weapon against all the dickheads. Especially classical music as that is the real clincher.
Bob Dylan would do it for me. You wouldn't see me for dust.

It makes you wonder whether those who break the lockdown rules will actually contribute to the perpetuation of this virus. In my opinion, they should be reported. As shopperholic said, most of us are missing out on seeing family and friends and also partners if we don’t live together.

I have come to the conclusion that I am singing to a different tune to the rest of the world.

lockdown is very inconvenient but :
I’m not devastated that I cant see friends as I phone and email them for a chat.
I’m not devastated I cant go for a drink as I can do so at home
i do not need to post anything* on SM as i didn’t do it anyway
i do not need to watch overpaid, over rated zlisters or anything listers showing me how hard a time they are having
i do not need to watch overpaid morans showing me how to dance/mow the lawn/take the bins out in my wedding dress
i do not need to make a mountain out of a mole hill in respect on any minutiae of my life and bore everyone to death
I do not, in an effort to gain a micro of extra exposure, need to revisit my engagement/wedding/birthing/anniversary photo 5 years ago on the unsuspecting public.

i can however, enjoy the good weather, read a book, catch up on a good TV series.

When I was growing up I’d listen to my brothers Bowie Lps, and my mother’s Searchers and Beach Boys. it was the 70s the decade of Glam Rock, Sweet, Slade and the amazing and the best Genesis, Marc Bolan and 10cc, even to this day Genesis are my favourite. To be honest I used to love Gary Glitter music in the 70s before people knew what he was really like and would play Rock and Roll Part Two on loop, there was a fuss kicked up when a clip of it was in the new Joker film last year when Joker was dancing on the stairs but that fizzled out when revealed that GG never has or will see a penny for it, apparently in America it’s played at a lot of sporting events. I’m going to whisper this “Rock and Roll Part Two is one of my favourite records of all time” shhhhh! 😁

I used to work part-time in a video rental store yes it was the 90s. We were always plagued by a gang of young teenagers coming in being loud and watching whatever was shown on the TVs we had in the store. I used to put Carmen on shifted them pretty quickly. 😂 A bit of opera cleanses them out. On Saturday night I used to put Rocky Horror on a number of customers used to come in and we had a sing-along.:p

My neighbours are pretty quite being older but the lady before used to go away to the caravan at the weekend and her grandson used to stay now and then if he started with techno too loud I got AC/DC on full volume Thunderstruck on loop soon shut him down.

I have come to the conclusion that I am singing to a different tune to the rest of the world.

lockdown is very inconvenient but :
I’m not devastated that I cant see friends as I phone and email them for a chat.
I’m not devastated I cant go for a drink as I can do so at home
i do not need to post anything* on SM as i didn’t do it anyway
i do not need to watch overpaid, over rated zlisters or anything listers showing me how hard a time they are having
i do not need to watch overpaid morans showing me how to dance/mow the lawn/take the bins out in my wedding dress
i do not need to make a mountain out of a mole hill in respect on any minutiae of my life and bore everyone to death
I do not, in an effort to gain a micro of extra exposure, need to revisit my engagement/wedding/birthing/anniversary photo 5 years ago on the unsuspecting public.

i can however, enjoy the good weather, read a book, catch up on a good TV series.
That is exactly what I am doing! So I am singing that tune too.. I could spit when the z listers start doing stuff so pay no attention. One sight of that Imagine video was enough for me. I have no truck with multimillionaires who start whingeing about the trials of being forced to stay home in a multimillion pound mansion with every luxury and more square footage than you can shake a fist at (yes I do mean you Sam Smith). So I avoid them as it affects my calmness. I do think not being on social meeja helps in the avoidance of all this rubbish though.

I cannot abide Leonard Cohen but one very loud and appalling blast from the past is Captain Beefheart. Now they would clear your whole post code

Maybe those who flout the lock down rules will not survive the pandemic, sort of nature's way of weeding out the stupid so they cannot pass the stupid gene they carry onto the next generation so the wise can thrive.
Like the idiots that cause accidents, I can see the selfish numpties walking away unscathed, and convinced that the measures were unnecessarily strict, as it was "hardly worse than flu". Depressing doesn't cover it!!!!

Maybe those who flout the lock down rules will not survive the pandemic, sort of nature's way of weeding out the stupid so they cannot pass the stupid gene they carry onto the next generation so the wise can thrive.
Unfortunately stupid is a very strong gene pool, it never seems to be depleted or diluted and usually they are the type with 6 kids thus the stupid gene get passed on stronger with each generation.

Social distancing has never been about saving lives, it was introduced to ensure a flow of patients rather than a flood & that applies in every country, not just the UK. I had flu in January 2018 & I was really ill, it was some time later that I read an article that said there were 50,000 excess deaths in the winter 2017/18 from seasonal illnesses. People will always die from viruses that sweep the globe; to be brutally honest the more diseases we cure & the longer we live, thanks to technology replacing parts that naturally wear out, the more shocked we are by the concept of a pandemic.

Latest posts

Back