Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

93474918_3076552172365486_7755237045533933568_o.png

If age without health issues doesn't get you on a list for deliveries I wonder how the people across the road from us have just had a sizeable one from Sainsburys. We love this couple, they're retired engineers who have lived in the most remote places, their four children all have different dual nationalities & she's the type of woman who would have coped out West in the US or been an Empire wife. They tell the best stories & I once told her how much I'd admired her, she gave me a long, hard look & said that I was like one of her soup plates, 'decorative, but shallow'. When they retired they said they needed a hobby & took up open water swimming, so in normal times they would be away from Easter to the end of June doing just that. They are rugged & the first people I'd turn to in a crisis; I'm surprised they're doing their food shopping online & even more surprised that they've been able to do it.

Latest one with my neighbours - granny drove up parked and stayed in the car, mother drove off in hers, kids played in the street although they often went right up to the car window, mother returned about 2 hours later with a load of files (although I have never seen her going to work before) stood at car window having a chat with granny. It was ridiculous she might as well have gone into the house. Babysitting in a whole new guise.

A black cat with white patches (paws etc) appears in my garden several times every day. He just sits looking at my dry-stone wall, there must be some small animal living there. He keeps perfectly still for ages, and sometimes adopts the stalking/pouncing pose, but I've never seen him catch anything.

Probably a shrew, I have them in my garden and next door have a nest of field mice only the new neighbours don't know yet!

If age without health issues doesn't get you on a list for deliveries I wonder how the people across the road from us have just had a sizeable one from Sainsburys. We love this couple, they're retired engineers who have lived in the most remote places, their four children all have different dual nationalities & she's the type of woman who would have coped out West in the US or been an Empire wife. They tell the best stories & I once told her how much I'd admired her, she gave me a long hard look & said that I was like one of her soup plates, 'decorative, but shallow'. When they retired they said they needed a hobby & took up open water swimming, so in normal times they would be away from Easter to the end of June doing just that. They are rugged & the first people I'd turn to in a crisis; I'm surprised they're doing their food shopping online & even more surprised that they've been able to do it.
She called you decorative but shallow. What a f*****g cheek! I hope you told her where she could shove her opinion. I would be incandescent if someone said that to me, and definitely would drop the F bomb.

I think people can get deliveries but, as with Millionaire, it is a question of fastest finger first when new slots are released. A neighbour told me a friend of hers spends hours in all the different apps. So it is a question of being in the right place at the right time. But I never am! I went to Waitrose today for cleaning materials I cannot carry with the bags of food. So an extra trip for me, great.

She called you decorative but shallow. What a f*****g cheek! I hope you told her where she could shove her opinion. I would be incandescent if someone said that to me, and definitely would drop the F bomb.

I think people can get deliveries but, as with Millionaire, it is a question of fastest finger first when new slots are released. A neighbour told me a friend of hers spends hours in all the different apps. So it is a question of being in the right place at the right time. But I never am! I went to Waitrose today for cleaning materials I cannot carry with the bags of food. So an extra trip for me, great.
I think I just laughed, she wasn't the first & won't be the last; I was told that I was as shallow as a puddle by the midwife when I got off the bed to find my lipstick just before I had my daughter & then there was the mental health/mindfulness training day... It was the last one I attended before retiring & we were asked to do a questionnaire about our feelings, attitudes & thought processes so that we would have greater insight into the students' worries & concerns. I got taken on one side after the exercise & asked about my answers because it appeared that I 'skated' through life; I said I had been given a happy childhood, was married to my best friend, my children/grandchildren were healthy & I believed in a life of contentment with happiness as an occasional absolute. I also said that animals & the planet mattered more to me than anything & I wasn't bothered if others liked me or not. Again I was called shallow but was told that I was lucky to have found my balance! Phew.

The delivery slots seem to vary greatly by area. My friend who lives about half an hour’s drive from me placed a Morrison’s order late last night and the first slot she could get was May 4th. I looked on their website and could get a slot at the end of this week.

My neighbour has been getting me the odd items, but not all the things I needed, so I went to Lidl myself (she goes to Tesco or Sainsbury) and did a big shop for myself, using my HUGE shopping trolley (every time I take it on the bus the driver jokingly asks if there is another passenger in it, to save paying the fare LOL - - - or not LOL, after a while). BTW mine is plain black.

It was fairly quiet there, my first shop for over a month, and last time the shelves were bare.

There were no longer any limits on quantities you could buy. Plenty of most items were in stock, but still some empty shelves, but I don't know what would have been on them, as they had taken all the labels down.
Sholley Donkee .jpg

Wonderful gent unfortunately the charity does not allocate any money to N Ireland which is a pity as many here gave donations. However it doesn’t take away from him but it’s now getting a bit out of hand with every OAP doing something!
I saw some plucky very senior citizens stepping up in Scotland and Wales...there must be at least one in N.Ireland :unsure: I would hope. But I doubt there will be another phenomenon like Capt. Tom.

I love animals & people get twizzled when I say that I prefer them to humans. I particularly love black & white cats & have lived with several over the years. For the first time in ages we're living with just one, he's grey & white, has a white triangle above his lip & My Mr T says that he's the most spoiled cat he's ever known. I think he's jealous 😚
I miss my Purdy soooooooooo much. I actually dreamed of her last night. Of course I love Obie, but Purdy didn't roll in fox poo & empty the airing cupboard.

A black cat with white patches (paws etc) appears in my garden several times every day. He just sits looking at my dry-stone wall, there must be some small animal living there. He keeps perfectly still for ages, and sometimes adopts the stalking/pouncing pose, but I've never seen him catch anything.
There will be several mice families in that wall, Strato, for sure. Lets hope that puss does a good job.

If age without health issues doesn't get you on a list for deliveries I wonder how the people across the road from us have just had a sizeable one from Sainsburys. We love this couple, they're retired engineers who have lived in the most remote places, their four children all have different dual nationalities & she's the type of woman who would have coped out West in the US or been an Empire wife. They tell the best stories & I once told her how much I'd admired her, she gave me a long, hard look & said that I was like one of her soup plates, 'decorative, but shallow'. When they retired they said they needed a hobby & took up open water swimming, so in normal times they would be away from Easter to the end of June doing just that. They are rugged & the first people I'd turn to in a crisis; I'm surprised they're doing their food shopping online & even more surprised that they've been able to do it.

Decorative but shallow! Oh!

its a funny thing about lifestyle and money some people are just really good at saving for special events whereas some people spend every single penny as soon as it is available to spend...

Latest posts

Back