Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not sure banks can actually do this (not only the data protection laws, but imagine the workload!), I wonder whether that lady is telling the full truth.

I agree, I can't see there being a department in every bank that checks for upcoming expiring cards for QVC and easy-pays, and I can't see their own finance department being able to change someone's card either, yes it all seems a bit sus.

Apparently it is Visa Account Updater and to stop it happening you need to opt out

This is a BIG ONE.

Woman complaining that she lost her debit/credit card and then got a new one. Went into her account on QVC and the new card details already on there!!!

A few others have come forward and said the same thing happened to them. Seems your bank informs QVC automatically! So QVC got the new card details before she received the new card in the post!! One lady said she was shopping and had her card refused, as the bank sent the new card details to QVC so the new card was live and the one she had was automatically void before she got the new card!

This happened to me. I must have been feeling a bit dopey at the time but I just thought "that's convenient". We all have our off days!

Some poor, bed-bound chap is waging a one-man campaign against 'sexist' QVC and their dwindling range of products for men, despite having shopped with them since the get-go - um time to head to Marks & Spencer methinks

Some poor, bed-bound chap is waging a one-man campaign against 'sexist' QVC and their dwindling range of products for men, despite having shopped with them since the get-go - um time to head to Marks & Spencer methinks

At Christmas they had a men's dressing gown for £50, it was ill fitting and poor quality, and they had a jumper for £40, they may have had more but that's all I seen whilst hopping on and off, either of these items you can get almost anywhere else for £10-15 so if paying over the odds for poor quality clothes floats his boat, good luck to him. I just hope he wasn't thinking of buying them as gifts though, because a lot less people don't watch QVC than do, so the poor fella could buy a fifty quid men's dressing gown as a present, and the receiver thinks you've only spent a tenner, I'm no Gok Wan but I'm pretty sure the clothing gift you buy isn't supposed to look of poor quality and less than what you actually paid. :mysmilie_17:

QVC have never had much men's stuff and what few bits they have it never lasted long.

At Christmas they had a men's dressing gown for £50, it was ill fitting and poor quality, and they had a jumper for £40, they may have had more but that's all I seen whilst hopping on and off, either of these items you can get almost anywhere else for £10-15 so if paying over the odds for poor quality clothes floats his boat, good luck to him. I just hope he wasn't thinking of buying them as gifts though, because a lot less people don't watch QVC than do, so the poor fella could buy a fifty quid men's dressing gown as a present, and the receiver thinks you've only spent a tenner, I'm no Gok Wan but I'm pretty sure the clothing gift you buy isn't supposed to look of poor quality and less than what you actually paid. :mysmilie_17:

Exactly, absolute madness!!!

I just posted this on the Alison Cork thread and am too lazy to re-phrase it (seems a bit naff quoting oneself):

"I couldn't agree more about the boring predictability of QVC offerings of late. But it's interesting that we percieve QVC to be more than just a retailer trying to maximize it's takings. Like the old fella on facebook (see the social media thread) who insists QVC should flog more "men's stuff", be it clothing or DIY etc. I know QVC used to target men with Big Boys' Toys, Men's gold jewellery, collectibles and blokey hobbies but they must have commercial reasons for dropping this type of merchanndise. I think high street shops have gone the same way; reducing their ranges to the safe lines they know will sell.

QVC is just a shop confused with entertainment and service provider, with Q being complicit in creating this illusion."

they acutally had several hours of mens fashion & that before christmas & it was selling out fast but they would of only had small quanities anyway

but it just doesnt sell & wont sell as last time i saw some mens stuff in clearence it really was heavly reduced & someone needs to tell him that really so he dont keep clogging up the page as he done it twice in about 8hrs

I`ve read the guy`s post on Q`s facebook page and several people have pointed out to him that mens clothes didn`t sell very well etc and as far as I can see none of those who replied were nasty towards him but the minute he began posting rude responses his appeal lost all credibility in my eyes. Like a lot of people I think when the opening poster begins replying in a rude or offhand manner it`s the time to refuse to take them seriously or give them any attention.

I just can't understand what that man's problem is. It's like me walking into Burton and complaining to them that they're not selling women's clothes. It's a menswear shop! Or it's like going into a greengrocers and asking for a pork chop.

You go to the correct shop for what you're looking for.

I just can't understand what that man's problem is. It's like me walking into Burton and complaining to them that they're not selling women's clothes. It's a menswear shop! Or it's like going into a greengrocers and asking for a pork chop.

You go to the correct shop for what you're looking for.

Hahaha he`s getting his knickers in a knot cos someone mentioned in their answer that he was the OP (opening poster) but he`s obviously misinterpreted it and thinks they were insulting him calling him an OAP or something similar, hehehe its really made me chuckle has that.

Hahaha he`s getting his knickers in a knot cos someone mentioned in their answer that he was the OP (opening poster) but he`s obviously misinterpreted it and thinks they were insulting him calling him an OAP or something similar, hehehe its really made me chuckle has that.

Me too and in fact, I had to break my rule of never getting involved in a bun fight and point that out - wonder if he'll reply and somehow make out I'm being sexist or something?!?!?

He constantly post this gripe, the other day posting the TV guide with all the female shows highlighted. I appreciate that being housebound that he is reliant on mailorder but i think he is an all day Q viewer which is why he wants it from Q rather than from other retailers.

I do wonder if he is so unable to go outdoors to shop on the DHS why he would need the vast range of clothes he says. I think he really wants a bit of attention and the post man calling.

The guys been with QVC since day one, and it's taken him twenty three years to get annoyed about the lack of men's products?

QVC could invent an imaginary "designer" called "Yong Jim and charge them over £100-150 plus for two pieces of polyester sewn together, yes I can't really see men going for that, I know the husband would chew his own arm off before he would ever spend that, as would I.

I think he has found Facebook to be the instant equivalent of letter to the papers complainng about everyone and everything. One of those people who take the smallest of gripes and floggs it to death never knowing when to give it a rest. I also think he is a bit, maybe more, anti female, suspect he is unmarried and possibly once was a career to his mother.

I think he needs to take up jigsaws of something.

I think he has found Facebook to be the instant equivalent of letter to the papers complainng about everyone and everything. One of those people who take the smallest of gripes and floggs it to death never knowing when to give it a rest. I also think he is a bit, maybe more, anti female, suspect he is unmarried and possibly once was a career to his mother.

I think he needs to take up jigsaws of something.

I think he needs to step away from the internet full stop.

Latest posts

Back