Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I keep reading references to 'Stratto's crown' - what is the story, I'm so intrigued?!?!?!?

At one of the BCC events they had a full size Eek crown which q said was valued at 10's of thousands (if I remember correctly) which was to be auctioned off for the charity. Stratto was interested and prepared to make a decent bid but it never saw the auction and no matter how many times we asked who much it went for we never got an answer. Somewhere along the line it was said Julia had got the crown for an undisclosed amount (or took it home!?) I'm not sure if that was just an urban myth.

I think this might even have been the same year of the JoanCollinsgate debacle.

At one of the BCC events they had a full size Eek crown which q said was valued at 10's of thousands (if I remember correctly) which was to be auctioned off for the charity. Stratto was interested and prepared to make a decent bid but it never saw the auction and no matter how many times we asked who much it went for we never got an answer. Somewhere along the line it was said Julia had got the crown for an undisclosed amount (or took it home!?) I'm not sure if that was just an urban myth.

I think this might even have been the same year of the JoanCollinsgate debacle.

Good, sweet lord...

Well after extensive googling, I've sourced this article from the finest purveyor of truth, The Sun - apparently it raised £1k!!!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/878496/biggest-thing-on-sellyvision/

Basically I think forum members can pinpoint that moment as the straw that broke the camels back and we have never trusted Q since.

Wasn't that also the year that DFs mate won the beauty auction.?

Basically I think forum members can pinpoint that moment as the straw that broke the camels back and we have never trusted Q since.

Wasn't that also the year that DFs mate won the beauty auction.?

Yes it was the same event. Strato has never come to terms with missing out on the crown ans still lives in hope of owning it some day.

And the following year was DF bidding and wining the tea with Tova for her best friend Sharon Harvey. The straw was not only broke but cut in two never to be glued back together. As an employee it was against the rules for her to bid at all, so the whole thing had to be cancelled. Though QVC insist they did give money to BCC and they didn't lose out. We all carried umbrellas because of the flying pigs that year.

In case you now feel sorry for poor Sharon missing out. She has gone on to have tea a number of times with DF and Tova in the Savoy. Some just cannot help themselves telling how wonder life is on social media.

I read that and the poster was deadly serious and she also said it showed just what fabulous stuff diamonbleak is lol It just shows how brainwashed some people are and how they think QVC rules the World. As if a multi billionaire`s wife would give an ex president`s wife CZ from QVC.

Holy crap!!!! They really need to add more water to the Koolaid!!!!! Some are drinking too much.:mysmilie_1::mysmilie_46:

Do you remember the days when QVC sold books where the author had "hand signed" the inside on those square pieces of paper? They haven't done one of those now for years, Fibby Flint, Queen Julia and Princess Jackie are rubbing their hands eagerly, awaiting its return.

And the following year was DF bidding and wining the tea with Tova for her best friend Sharon Harvey. The straw was not only broke but cut in two never to be glued back together. As an employee it was against the rules for her to bid at all, so the whole thing had to be cancelled. Though QVC insist they did give money to BCC and they didn't lose out. We all carried umbrellas because of the flying pigs that year.

In case you now feel sorry for poor Sharon missing out. She has gone on to have tea a number of times with DF and Tova in the Savoy. Some just cannot help themselves telling how wonder life is on social media.

A sad lack of ethics and integrity all round!!! That the presenters believe the rules of decent behaviour don't apply to them... And QVC's naivety in the face of a liberal interpretation of the rules. There must be a particular construction to the presenters' contracts that gives them latitude.. So they can't be classed as employees.. But even so, QVC need to tighten up so that the airtime and other resources they provide at a no doubt premium for the brands they sell are not constantly hijacked by presenters promotion of their extracurricular activities... Or at least Q charge them the going rate for an hour of airtime!!!

I do wonder what is going on with QVC's management, or rather lack of management, that they seem quite happy to let their staff do whatever they want. I particularly dislike DF's selling techniques, but I guess QVC don't mind so long as she sells lots of goods, which I presume she does, although I won't buy anything if she is selling it on air.

I say Tiffany - you say Eek!

Apparently M. Obama presented Mrs Trump with a Tiffany box as a gift but a FBooker said it was Diamonique box. Let's hope it was said tongue in cheek!

I read that and the poster was deadly serious and she also said it showed just what fabulous stuff diamonbleak is lol It just shows how brainwashed some people are and how they think QVC rules the World. As if a multi billionaire`s wife would give an ex president`s wife CZ from QVC.

Melania designed a range of jewellery for QVC in the US a few years ago. I don't know if it was Diamonique but, either way, it is far more likely the gift was Tiffany, whose box, as we all know, was ripped off by QVC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ling-and-jewelry-line/?utm_term=.b70a58ed63a3

Yes it was the same event. Strato has never come to terms with missing out on the crown ans still lives in hope of owning it some day.

Remember when Will brought up the subject of the crown out of the blue on his Facebook page a couple of years ago? He can't have realised it was a controversial issue. Strato posted in comments, asking what happened to it, Will replied that he wasn't aware of any mystery surrounding its whereabouts but said he would look into it and then went strangely quiet. Presumably he was told to shut the conversation down pronto!

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/showthread.php?48887-Crowngate-resuurrected&highlight=Crown

Ivana (ex)-Trump used to peddle a fashion jewellery range on QVC many many years ago too. It was bling-a-tastic ofcourse.

Remember when Will brought up the subject of the crown out of the blue on his Facebook page a couple of years ago? He can't have realised it was a controversial issue. Strato posted in comments, asking what happened to it, Will replied that he wasn't aware of any mystery surrounding its whereabouts but said he would look into it and then went strangely quiet. Presumably he was told to shut the conversation down pronto!

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/showthread.php?48887-Crowngate-resuurrected&highlight=Crown

After threats of water boarding Will never spoke of it again.:mysmilie_17:

I think the one thing we can say about the Trump family ex and present (3 wives 5 children plus grandchildren ) is that it won't be a classy act - loadsa money but no class.

I think the one thing we can say about the Trump family ex and present (3 wives 5 children plus grandchildren ) is that it won't be a classy act - loadsa money but no class.

I have low expectations.... But I sincerely hope to be proved wrong. It will be all about the money I expect. His appointees are apparently the wealthiest presidential team ever assembled.

Having earned even a fraction of it by selling whatever on QVC will barely count amongst the billionaires and millionaires.

Outraged posts from yesterday.

Ordered on Advanced Order, and damn if it did not come into stock early and she is upset! Five days after she placed the order money taken, but she thought she was reserving it until she had her next pay day.

A few others agreeing that:

QVC should really contact the person and let them know its in stock and ask if they still want the item? :mysmilie_19:

Pointed out to them it is stated items can and do come into stock earlier than expected. Since they placed the order QVC assumed they actually wanted said item.

The TSV today, confusing some over AD thinking it was on easy pay and it should be pointed out it was only the single drop on easy pay.

Is this the same person who posts & comments things about Presenters and guest Presenters on QVC? Funny that I've never seen one pic with any of her own friends doing stuff? She must have none when she seeks them out on Social Media! What a sad sad life to lead! :mysmilie_61::mysmilie_846:

Latest posts

Back