Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

"The members of the shopping telly forum loathe everything about QVC. All they do is endlessly moan, criticise and post venomous comments about the presenters. They also like to spend a lot of time mocking the regulars here on the Q FB page, and live under the illusion that they're vastly superior to the people they mock. It's just the same old thing over and over on that forum nowadays, very boring."

Boring enough to read us! And yes we are superior because we have free speech

Maybe it's because WE ARE MORE HONEST and don't Post dishonest views and comments! Oh, I don't loathe everything about QVC so where do the Groupies get this from? :mysmilie_8:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the thread and I read it all but didn`t comment, it certainly showed the depth of anger on all sides. QVC can`t afford to have so many disgruntled people so even if they don`t care a jot about the groups/freebies/on air mentions etc you think they`d advise guest presenters to button their lip and stick to talking about whatever they`re flogging.
The groups don`t help themselves though and like to chuck their clout about or expect the rest of Q`s customers to dance to their tune, one group admin is moaning as we speak and declaring how upset she is that her group was brought into the thread and her woe is me attitude is doing her no favours. The bottom line is if you`re going to have a group or run a group then there are times people won`t agree with you for whatever reason. Accept it, get on with it and the World and its wife really won`t give a toss whether you feel hard done by or not. Like all situations you have to take the bad with the good, grow up. Getting freebies comes with a price, like it or not.
Q must be struggling and they`ve had few sell out tsv`s lately, in fact some have totally bombed and their prices and p and p charges have shot up so it will go in their favour to keep the peace and if that means asking brand reps to not mention specific groups or people, then so be it.

SPOT ON!!! Don't as a rule read any of the Fakebook Threads but I am well aware of the nastiness that goes on! Appalled that QVC allow these ADMIN who think they are the bees knees just because they creep around certain Presenters and get FREEBIES by the barrow load! Yes, I am a very long term and have been a very good loyal customer and it's just SHAMEFUL!!!!!!

Maybe it's because WE ARE MORE HONEST and don't Post dishonest views and comments! Oh, I don't loathe everything about QVC so where do the Groupies get this from? :mysmilie_8:

I don't hate everything either and like to be positive when it's warranted.However,it's getting more difficult to be positive about Q these days as far as I can see.I like this forum as we can give our opinions. Whether or not everyone agrees , there is no nasty feedback.We are all individuals with our own ideas on things.Maybe those who knock us could learn from us.

Last edited:
Sometimes I fell bad because I seem to be so negative about Q but honestly if they sold anything that I liked at a fair price and stopped using airtime as their private social media platform I would be more positive.

It doesn't help that I'm not interested in beauty so that's 75% of the output out the window.

TBH the only reason I bother with it at all is to be part of this forum!

I don't intend to say negative comments but when I see, read and hear what other customers have put up with then I will vent my feelings!

Just seems that Fakebook brings a lot of disharmony to good customers and we all know why? It's the Greedy ones that spoil it for the honest, kind others! :mysmilie_852::mysmilie_852::mysmilie_852:

I don't see our comments as negative, I see them as factual. Is the p&p high? yes! Is delivery slow? yes! Do refunds take a month? yes! Are their products dearer than anywhere else? yes! Is the free phone free? no! (p&p pays for it) Do you have to return the whole item if a part is missing? yes! Do presenters treat QVC as their own personal publicity company and a free for all? yes! Etc......

So no one should ever feel guilty for calling a spade a spade and telling it how it is.

"The members of the shopping telly forum loathe everything about QVC. All they do is endlessly moan, criticise and post venomous comments about the presenters. They also like to spend a lot of time mocking the regulars here on the Q FB page, and live under the illusion that they're vastly superior to the people they mock. It's just the same old thing over and over on that forum nowadays, very boring."

Boring enough to read us! And yes we are superior because we have free speech

I have one thing to say, for now: pot... kettle :mysmilie_11:

Sincerely hope this thread continues! It highlights everything we have all been thinking for a while! Maybe we should start to pity the Groupies? :mysmilie_5:

I don't see our comments as negative, I see them as factual. Is the p&p high? yes! Is delivery slow? yes! Do refunds take a month? yes! Are their products dearer than anywhere else? yes! Is the free phone free? no! (p&p pays for it) Do you have to return the whole item if a part is missing? yes! Do presenters treat QVC as their own personal publicity company and a free for all? yes! Etc......

So no one should ever feel guilty for calling a spade a spade and telling it how it is.

You missed one, Does JF look like Iggy Pop...yes :mysmilie_12:

Bin lid alert, someone has posted this 'glowing' review on Q's FB page

I returned a faulty item via my Harmes lady. Within days it was showing as a return on my accout. Very impressed. (sic)

A matter of mere days, well done Q - instant or next day refunds from most online retailers and you manage an impressive 'within days' [facepalm]

Bin lid alert, someone has posted this 'glowing' review on Q's FB page

I returned a faulty item via my Harmes lady. Within days it was showing as a return on my accout. Very impressed. (sic)

A matter of mere days, well done Q - instant or next day refunds from most online retailers and you manage an impressive 'within days' [facepalm]

I had cause to ring CS today (ongoing issues with my credit card and making sure they don't take the last Easy Pays twice, which it looked like they were going to do). Anyway, the message while you are on hold says something about deliveries being on schedule and returns being completed within 14 days - as if that's exceptional! Well, it might be exceptional in the QVC bubble (as we all know refunds from them can take much longer) but out there in the real world, it's only exceptional in that it's a darn sight worse than any other retailer.

I say Tiffany - you say Eek!

Apparently M. Obama presented Mrs Trump with a Tiffany box as a gift but a FBooker said it was Diamonique box. Let's hope it was said tongue in cheek!

I say Tiffany - you say Eek!

Apparently M. Obama presented Mrs Trump with a Tiffany box as a gift but a FBooker said it was Diamonique box. Let's hope it was said tongue in cheek!

I read that and the poster was deadly serious and she also said it showed just what fabulous stuff diamonbleak is lol It just shows how brainwashed some people are and how they think QVC rules the World. As if a multi billionaire`s wife would give an ex president`s wife CZ from QVC.

Sorry I got it the wrong way round. that was some Tiffany piece in that big box Mrs T gave Mrs O. If it had been Eek it surely would have been the match for Stratto's crown

Latest posts

Back