So, I'm not a fan of QVC huh?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

FONT=Century Gothic]COLOR="#0000CD"]Well as you know, Snarly doesn't leave her den very often. But ... I did today to use a friend's computer (I only use my mobile) so I could join TheSolidarityMovement. Snarly's joining her Hisssss, Spppits and Grrrowls with the rest of you. I is a VIP now. :heart:[/COLOR][/FONT]
Snarly that den down theres made for you. See you there x

Strange if you look at the Members List, the sheer number that have never posted.

There are many names of those who have previously posted that I have never seen in the three years I've been a member.:wonder:

I guess some just disappear without closing their account but I don't see the point of joining if you're not going to get involved - the percentage of members who post is very small, so come on all you lurkers get those fingers working! :clapping:

Strange if you look at the Members List, the sheer number that have never posted.

There are many names of those who have previously posted that I have never seen in the three years I've been a member.:wonder:

I guess some just disappear without closing their account but I don't see the point of joining if you're not going to get involved - the percentage of members who post is very small, so come on all you lurkers get those fingers working! :clapping:

i think that happens a lot doesn't it? i used to frequent one of the ebay chat boards, before, in their wisdom, ebay closed the lot. although there were loads of members, nothing like all of them posted regularly. i thnk people have phases in life and move on. on that board, we lost a lot to facebook. i couldn't understand why there wasn't room in their lives for both and they are totally different things but it seemed they got hooked on fb and didnt come back.

I think it's that they're refusing to sponsor the site, and telling companies that they're affiliated with to do the same. Which means the advertising revenue goes down.

I suppose it's boycotting.

I have read this thread from page one but I still have no real idea what it is all about. Surely if QVC no longer want to sponsor ST and Graham need to find the revenue from another source , why can't all ST members pay a subscription every year:cash: I have no idea if this would help but I would be more than willing...

Iv always been a little weary of forum members who never post. almost like they are 'earwigging' on all the conversations here yet are not willing to make a single contribution to any discussion. Just seems pointless but also a little rude. A forum needs as many contributors as possible.

I think it horses for courses.
Some people just like to read & observe. Maybe they feel that by the time they catch up on a thread that interests them, it's all been said.
Who knows.
There are others cough who might have far too much to say.....
... So - I'm chatty! :cheeky:

Iv always been a little weary of forum members who never post. almost like they are 'earwigging' on all the conversations here yet are not willing to make a single contribution to any discussion. Just seems pointless but also a little rude. A forum needs as many contributors as possible.

our ebay board had a huge following of lurkers, especiall from japan!

FONT=Century Gothic]COLOR="#0000CD"]Well as you know, Snarly doesn't leave her den very often. But ... I did today to use a friend's computer (I only use my mobile) so I could join TheSolidarityMovement. Snarly's joining her Hisssss, Spppits and Grrrowls with the rest of you. I is a VIP now. :heart:[/COLOR][/FONT]

Good Woman Snarly!

I don't belong to any other forums or facebook. This is the best one and I love having a chat. I talk a lot and no-one in my house listens to me.

But these are the people who click through the ads and generate revenue for the site. So not pointless at all.

It's the job of those who do post to keep it interesting, so that people keep coming back for a look.

I have read this thread from page one but I still have no real idea what it is all about. Surely if QVC no longer want to sponsor ST and Graham need to find the revenue from another source , why can't all ST members pay a subscription every year:cash: I have no idea if this would help but I would be more than willing...

Trouble is a yearly subscription will just not cut it. To run a site like this costs thousands a month. Another site I belong to has paid members and they subscribe $20 a month, all they get is a newsletter and admittance to a separate bit of the site. They still need paid advertising to keep going.

Trouble is a yearly subscription will just not cut it. To run a site like this costs thousands a month. Another site I belong to has paid members and they subscribe $20 a month, all they get is a newsletter and admittance to a separate bit of the site. They still need paid advertising to keep going.

Thanks for the insight Donna, so much for my idea....

Maybe Im getting the wrong end of the stick here but do the likes of Bid TV advertise on here i.e.the forum and if so how come theyre not kicking up a stink as they are regularly slated big style including calling presenters liars and worse, if my understanding is wrong then please ignore me (Im used to it)

Well done Snarly :clapping:

I really like the Drop. I can go off topic (as is my want - ask Himself lol), without feeling too guilty.
I just wish there were some late nighters on there more often.

aww im always around till about 12.30am but i dont go in to the drop very often as youve prob noticed (though that mite be because im too busy in this section loool)

Live and let live,posting might be too anxiety provoking for some people but reading might be theraputic for them, it really doesn't harm anyone either way does it :angry:

Yes I agree we need new members with their thoughts and ideas to keep the forum lively !

To be honest I can see why someone who is just viewing the site as a whole would be put off joining & contributing, I certainly feel theres a small '' clique'' & 99% of the inputs very negative , some of the stuff i read from previous threads were almost libelous

There also seems to be no moderating , so in all fairness i can see why qvc particularly have kicked off & are quite clearly hitting the site owner where it hurts in his pocket , we are all accountable for what we type & more & more people are landing themselves in court over stuff they have typed

madge - i post quite a lot and i'm certainly not in any clique - one of my pet hates! also there are moderators and they do moderate. we have threads locked and posts deleted if we get up to too much mischief.

The reason I left here the first time was because I felt it was too 'cliquey' but I've come back now under a new name, and just thought, 'sod 'em' I'll say my piece whether the clique like it or not ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I can see why someone who is just viewing the site as a whole would be put off joining & contributing, I certainly feel theres a small '' clique'' & 99% of the inputs very negative , some of the stuff i read from previous threads were almost libelous

There also seems to be no moderating , so in all fairness i can see why qvc particularly have kicked off & are quite clearly hitting the site owner where it hurts in his pocket , we are all accountable for what we type & more & more people are landing themselves in court over stuff they have typed

Madge, not sure why you say there is no moderating! I have been a moderator here for several years and Graham (site owner) himself moderates the forum too. You are free to contact myself or Graham if you think there is something that needs moderating.

Latest posts

Back