So, I'm not a fan of QVC huh?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi everyone,
I used to be a member on here a couple of years ago (different username) but closed my account after a reply to something I posted included excessively nasty comments about myself and my family. I hasten to add this person was not a regular poster. Even though I was no longer a member, I still read the forum regularly, as I have continued to learn a lot (such as L'occitane moving into the china market and therefore throwing their previous principals away re:animal testing) not to mention all the upcoming TSV's and OTO's.
I've read about this situation with interest and feel really sickened that QVC are sinking this low. It's certainly a far cry from the cosy, friendly image they project onscreen. As previous posters have said, it sounds like QVC could be in a bit of trouble competing with the likes of Amazon and all the beauty websites which sell the same brands at often lower prices with free postage and quicker delivery times. So they are hitting out at a small website rather then tackling the REAL problems such as the p&p. Anyhow, I would like to add my support to Shoppingtelly.com. I don't really understand what QVC's problem is. Yes, there are negative comments on presenters and products on here but no worse than I've seen on QVC's Facebook page. There are also a lot of positive comments and they must surely make money from all the tip-offs about upcoming TSV's etc. I'd encourage all the fellow lurkers who agree to join this forum so that you can do your bit to ensure that there will be still be a website to lurk about on!
Hello from me Estella, welcome back from me, and thanks for your encouragement to the lurkers. I lurked and laughed for ages, before i took the big step and joined. I'd lurked for ages, and one day i logged on and couldn't get the website to work, so i thought, maybe i've lurked too much and then you get cut off. Totally wrong. The website had problems, technical, so when it came back i took the step and joined. And i've
never regretted it. So please join us, and help keep this forum going. Night everyone oh and sorry Estella, got carried away there. Rant over :rock::rock:

Hello Estella. Welcome back from me too.

As of this moment:

5.443 members (Yay!)
Online - 58 members, 397 guests.

Wouldn't it be nice if we raised the membership to five and a half thousand by the end of the day .....

Last edited:
well I've been away for ages for various reasons that I won't bore you with. just want to say graham you have my full support I urge anyone who has been away for a long time come back ! I have still lurked from time to time but felt i had been away too long to post again. Anyway hi everyone its good to be back!!!

Ah thanks. i had to come back and. voice my support for graham. blooming qvc should be ashamed of themselves. so what if all comments on here are not a**** licking endorsements of their products or presenters. they have their blogs and t callers for all that. This is a forum not a fan site. rant over.

Hi never really got into posting but regularly drop in to read the threads and have a laugh.....just logged on to support Graham and the regulars.

Hello Estella. Welcome back from me too.

As of this moment:

5.443 members (Yay!)
Online - 58 members, 397 guests.

Wouldn't it be nice if we raised the membership to five and a half thousand by the end of the day .....

I checked this morning, at an ungodly hour, couldnt get back to sleep, so got up at 4 and checked, and there
were over 300 guests, could that be right, at that time of the morning. Nice to know there's insominacs out

there, come and say hello. Minim where were you ????? :thinking:

Just spent ages catching up after having no internet for 10 days, Wow what a lot I have missed. Glad the forum is still here, even though I don't always post I read posts several times a day, will have to make a resolution to post more!!

I checked this morning, at an ungodly hour, couldnt get back to sleep, so got up at 4 and checked, and there
were over 300 guests, could that be right, at that time of the morning. Nice to know there's insominacs out

Lol
Playing cards I expect Barbs

Where are you? Lol
Like ships in the night.

Anyway, at this hour:
ShoppingTelly.com Forum Statistics
Members 5,452
There are currently 314 users online. 19 members and 295 guests.
Now if just half of the guests joined the forum, we'd tip the 5½ thousand goal and some.
That would be good!

Last edited:
There are a few posts about postage so will put my post on this one as it has the most readers it seems. I refer to the other thread about postage for a Mischa ring. Long story short, cost £4.95 (or 4.50) to send it to me. Extortionate. The stone is loose so they are sending me a return label to send it back. I will post on the thread about ring seperately, as I need to gave a rant about that. I also visited the post office yesterday to return 2 other items, one was a christmas gift for someone which was awful quality and I would have been ashamed to "gift" it (aaargh, fist in mouth!) the other was a box of yankee tarts where I didn't like many of the smells. Postage to send to me £ £4.95. Postage to return £2.20 as it was below a certain weight.

The ring will cost about 2.20 or 2.70 to return if I didnt get a free label. It came in a small jiffy, which would gave cost Q pence if they didn't plaster their name all over it. I don't want to pay extra for them to print their name in purple on a bag. I know what they cost to buy retail, as I used a few for ebay selling. And when you receive something in one of those thin blue plastic bags, that too must be pence to produce. So that takes the cost of the packing and the postage to between £2.50 and £3.50 and that is being generous as I have used retsil prices and they will have deals in place with RM and couriers. The balance to take it up to £4.95 is £2.45 per item that we are subsidising Q, and they cannot justify. The items come from the manufacturer pre packaged in many cases and at worst they just put 2 boxes into another or shove a dress into a mail bag. They will have sorting machines , conveyor belts and machines to stick on labels. Warehouses are only staffed by a few people who may be paid minimum wage, not hundreds. There must be thousands and thousands of parcels going out daily, all with the £2.45 premium. You don't get it next day, it takes 5 days as has been said. You don't get multiple items in one package like Amazon. It has been said before tgat the extra money must subsidize something else, like the MBG. However the DSR allows the order to be cancelled and full postage refunded(both ways) but of course you can't use the item. The DSR's apply to Amazon too. So the issue is this:

In order to describe the cost as for postage and packing- (the "service" you are paying for) then they cannot inflate the price to sunsidise something else without specifying to the customer what the additional service is that they are paying for- cos it aint just postage and packing! I bet there is some sort of tax fiddle going on with the P & P in their annual accounts because they have to break down the actual cost to them and balance the books somehow! Any accountants out there?

Last edited:
Well said weathergirl !

qvc appear to be the only company who send out individual parcels for multiple items. I order from Roman Originals, M & S and others, and its one postage, normally around the £3.50 mark, - and that one price covers several items in one parcel.

Q are becoming a dinasaur in modern retailing.

Whilst we are on the subject of P&P they also don't like it if you return more than one item in the same parcel - it plays havoc with their returns process - I object to this as its my money being spent returning the items and is the bit I thought I had control over unlike the P&P coming the other way.
I think the fundamental problem is twofold 1) the 'picking' process they use, 2) P&P appears to be used to influence the item cost. If you look the 'special offer' price ( be it Xmas/summer surprise or OTO) the difference is usually around the P&P price, and if the surprise isn't a reduction in item price it's free P&P.

I ordered two items off 'everything £5'. I know...but they seemed ok and I was curious! As it turns out, the dresses really were nice but just didn't suit. Anyway, just logged on to find out about their return proces, expecting to have to jump through hoops, and it simply states to return within 14 days and they would refund the full price plus the original postage!!! Now that's impressive!

Latest posts

Back