Smashbox TSV - Wed 11th November

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw the 8am repeat showing of the TSV this morning and Ali Young said something like - it's not the makeup that you can see, it's your features. This TSV clearly isn't for me then! :giggle:

I'm FARTING on this one too - it's a nice enough little kit but without the 'wow' factor & no EZ pays, I can't really justify splashing out on this for myself coming up to Christmas.......although I do like that lip colour.......! :thinking2:

i've hardly made a dent in the gorgeous ultimate pallette that lots of us bought from JBD :) so deffo don't need this.

Thank Mrs James - I was beginning to waver a bit there (watching the show!) but have been battenburg-ed back to reality as I 'deffo don't need this' either! :up2:

I'm sorry Mrs J - you can hit me with the battenburg if you like - but a girl can never have enough make-up?????

I was so nearly tempted by this as a beauty junkie. However, search of reviews is very poor. Lip tech was not well received on QVC US and neither was the DNA. The powder reviews on Sephora are pretty bad also.

Money safe to probably spend on the Philosophy TSV :)

I actually avoided this thread prior to this launch so I could see what the TSV was fresh, if you like. I'm actually gutted that it's so uninspiring and making me f.a.r.t. it out, especially as I like Smashbox generally :dull: :sad:

Is it my imagination or is this the first TSV from smashbox which has not sold out?

Normally a Smashbox fan but was very underwhelmed with the finished results on the models tonight. Thought their complexions looked awful with the powders applied. Easy for me to give this a miss....thank god!

Normally a Smashbox fan but was very underwhelmed with the finished results on the models tonight. Thought their complexions looked awful with the powders applied. Easy for me to give this a miss....thank god!

I agree. It's probably the first smashbox TSV where i ahve looked at the model's before and afters and thought they looked better before. Also, I think some of the colours were really pale, and would not have shown up very well on me.:hi:

I was so nearly tempted by this as a beauty junkie. However, search of reviews is very poor. Lip tech was not well received on QVC US and neither was the DNA. The powder reviews on Sephora are pretty bad also.

Money safe to probably spend on the Philosophy TSV :)

Can't comment on the other products as I don't know - but DNA has been very well received - the beauty bloggers adore it and we have many repeat purchases.

Another new Smashbox mascara to launch next year though :D

I saw the 8am repeat showing of the TSV this morning and Ali Young said something like - it's not the makeup that you can see, it's your features. This TSV clearly isn't for me then! :giggle:

Nor me lipstickcherry!
Maybe Smashbox's next TSV might include one of these for the more face-featured challenged among us -:bandit:

Not for me - and as another member said, they have a lot of sellouts normally on TSVs.

I bought a DNA mascara a while go. HATED the brush. Nearly had eye out a few times and had to chuck it.

i didn't go for out either i only saw one presentation as i was out all day, so i was lucky because i could easily have got sucked in if i'd have seen anymore.
What made me laugh was when AY kept on at the midnight launch that you couldn't get the finishing powder until 2010. it's only about 6 weeks to 2010.

I went for this but just seens posts about poor reviews

hope i like it - I didn't want primer or foundation etc and have halo so fancied trying something different.

I like the look of the powder that gives spf15 and a bit of luminosity, I need a mascara - hope this one is OK and love the liner shadows. The blush looks very pretty too.

Ahh well I guess i can always return it if its not for me :)

What made me laugh was when AY kept on at the midnight launch that you couldn't get the finishing powder until 2010. it's only about 6 weeks to 2010.

I know, this is what I thought. It made me laugh yesterday morning as I'd switched on QVC to have a look at this and see if I would be enticed once I'd seen a demo. My daughter's friend calls for her in the mornings and she took one look and said "Who would spend that much on makeup? They think because they've used it on a supermodel that you'll buy it!" Really made me laugh and made me think of all the farters. Maybe I should get her to sit with me to ward off temptation at other times!!

What really got me though was how Nina said that this has made Halo perform better. Well in previous years we haven't been told that Halo needs to perform better. I can't understand why I'm adding another layer of powder to my face to illuminate it when Halo is meant to be hydrating it. Doesn't hydration make your skin glow??

I saw two shows fully yesterday - 5.00pm and 8.00pm and with the exception of the Eye Wish Pallette everything was very so so.

Roll on LG TSV.

I actually watched two presentations of the TSV and was unmoved.

I hate big brushes on mascara, I have small eyes and prefer a brush with a tapered end to get in to the corners.

The lip colour thing looked really dry on the models lips, didn't like the colour.
The shadowliner, grey is not my colour on the eyes.

No interest in the powder stuff at all. Sale Pele from CD does it for me.

Latest posts

Back