Smashbox TSV 18/11/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've gone right off Smashbox after the last time I ordered Halo foundation. I had been using it as my all in one foundation/powder for a while, as it really gave good coverage with a glowy, non chalky finish. The last one I had was just like a "normal" powder. Much less coverage and very powdery/chalky. Their quality doesn't seem the same, so if I want to treat myself to "high end" make up, I'll go for MAC/Clinique/bobbi Brown/ E Lauder, which at least seems to be of consistent quality

My last Halo was the same - and I haven't used it since! It was my wonder product now it is rubbish. My work colleague asked if I was ill when I tried it as I looked so pale and powdery.

I rarely buy Smashbox now as the quality is just not the same as it was. Am actually thinking of going back to Bare Escentuals when they have the next tsv in a couple of weeks.

Sazza is correct they are all EL companies. Infact many complain that MAC quality is not what it was and many makeup artists refuse to use the brand.

That is interesting, a family member recently had a bad allergic reaction to some MAC makeup, same item she has used for a few years and suddenly with the latest pot she bought she had a reaction!

We've recently been to US and got some Smashbox cosmetics over there. My daughter picked up a kit from Ulta which seemed better value than this one. Here is link to the one she got: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3730081.

The TSVs seem to follow the same pattern now though don't they? - if you use a particular product ie Halo the kit's worth getting to stock up on and then give other bits away as gifts.

Yes Smashbox do special kits for Sephora which are really good value. Justbeautydirect sometimes gets them.

I see the Smashbox BB cream is coming this time, its exclusive to QVC until next year sometime.

Well according to the postcard I received this morning our TSV is not the same as the US one linked to earlier in this thread. Ours is going to have Brow Tech to Go and Metallic Cream Eye Liner Palette (10 shades in it).

Oh and postcard was signed by Allison Carey so looks like Nina has gone.

Thanks Sazza. So it is as per my post above. How disappointing. I won't be buying.

I do like the cream liner palettes, the liner lasts for ages and it's a great way to carry around a ton of colours in one tiny little palette. Depends on what the rest of the kit is I suppose, if it's boring I'll just get the palette on eBay...

That metalic eyeliner palette has been out for two years, I know I bought it from justbeautydirect!!!!

I love those palettes but they are outrageous price wise to buy at a counter, £29! Yes £29 and salonskincare have them at £39 which is really taking the P*SS.
I managed to get the vixen palette on ebay last week, it came in a kit which I did not like only that bit and it was £13.50!

I really think Smashbox are getting so lazy with QVC UK, we get the tat and leftovers.

That metalic eyeliner palette has been out for two years, I know I bought it from justbeautydirect!!!!

I love those palettes but they are outrageous price wise to buy at a counter, £29! Yes £29 and salonskincare have them at £39 which is really taking the P*SS.
I managed to get the vixen palette on ebay last week, it came in a kit which I did not like only that bit and it was £13.50!

I really think Smashbox are getting so lazy with QVC UK, we get the tat and leftovers.

You're right, Donna. Considering they only bring us 2 TSVs a year you would think they would bring us something decent. I also wonder who in QVC towers signs off on these TSVs.

Sazza is correct they are all EL companies. Infact many complain that MAC quality is not what it was and many makeup artists refuse to use the brand.

Apparently Bobbi Brown gel liners are not what they used to be either, i've had a couple of the newer ones and the texture seems a little firmer which is good but, worried they may dry out quicker

I actually think that that kit looks pretty good. I've had on the eyeliner pallettes before and they last forever (or at least they used to!). x

Hmm, this one actually looks pretty good. There's a decent amount of product in there and all products I already know I use and like (esp the brow tech, love this version!).

I wonder if the eyeshadows and blush are made in China? I know for their Holiday 2012 palette it has been made in the US as i reckon they were losing customers in droves when all of their stuff was being produced in China.

So now I need to know what's in the LG TSV! I'm only going for one or the other, it's two expensive (and I'll be divorced haha!) if I pay for both sets to be sent to Ireland and then on to Australia :tongue:

Tx

No not Halo. Right the metalic cream eyeliner palette was limited edition. So though I still see the tester on counter I will say they are just getting rid of the stock. In other words, dump unsold stock on QVC UK customers.

Clare is wouldn't surprise me about the BB. I know Mac I only buy the lipsticks and lipglosses now. The christmas/holiday palettes they bring out are even worse quality wise. Strangely Estee Lauder's own range has improved since they got a new makeup artist heading the brand.

Oooo if its the one in the picks them I like hte look of it, the colours are good for me.

I got a Jemma Kidd palette but it turned up yesterday and the catch is broken so its going back so I might get the TSV instead I guess it'll be aorund the £30-£35 mark, thank for the pics :clapping:

Latest posts

Back