Smashbox TSV 18/11/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Timber Gooding and Daniel Chavez were both simply sweethearts and the best at presenting the Smashbox shows. In my opinion, none of the others have come anywhere close. I rarely buy anything from SB these days, it just doesn't inspire me. Daniel no longer works for Smashbox, I have him as a facebook friend and he has moved onto pastures new but is always so nice to his followers and stays in touch. No idea where Timber went but it is sad news if QVC did not treat him well, I hope those responsible got what they deserved.

If we get the items in the US TSV it looks borring and i certainly won't be reaching for the phone.

If it's the US TSV then i won't be purchasing either. That e/s quad has been around for yonks (I got in on eBay, wasn't blown away by a long shot as the colours are odd, don't work together and don't go on smoothly), I can't find a colour match with Halo and I don't like the Lip Enhancing lipgloss, the original formula gloss was far superior. The only thing that takes my fancy is the blush palette and I think you can buy that already as a seperate item on QVC?

oh Smashbox, I used to stay up until midnight and be SO excited about your TSV's, hasn't happened in quite a few years. In fact i think I've only bought one TSV in about four or five years??

Tx

If it's the US TSV then i won't be purchasing either. That e/s quad has been around for yonks (I got in on eBay, wasn't blown away by a long shot as the colours are odd, don't work together and don't go on smoothly), I can't find a colour match with Halo and I don't like the Lip Enhancing lipgloss, the original formula gloss was far superior. The only thing that takes my fancy is the blush palette and I think you can buy that already as a seperate item on QVC?

oh Smashbox, I used to stay up until midnight and be SO excited about your TSV's, hasn't happened in quite a few years. In fact i think I've only bought one TSV in about four or five years

Totally with you on that

oh the colour on what I was trying ti highlight from your post did not come out but its the bit of staying up until midnight to order the TSV and only buying one in the last few years

OH deary me. How boring, move along.

Timber was a gym bunny and worked out alot. I know because when Smashbox first appeared in my local Debenhams years back I knew the sa and she was trained by him. She said he was a lovely guy and very buff indeed in person. I remember asking why he was no longer on QVC and was told he had been promoted to European training manager for Smashbox.

Now it was strange how he left, when Daniel left there was a sort of handover on screen to Tina. But Timber just disappeared if I remember.

Timber, Lee from Philosphy, Lorraine from SBC even Jill from Molton Brown although the whole brand went with her. All vanished without a mention.

To be honest it was Molton Brown's decision to go and usually when that happens they just go. Remember Aveda, that was Estee Lauder who pulled it. Lee and Philosophy parted company when the brand was sold to another company, I believe it was Coty? Someone elsewhere mentioned they had been sold to Coty. You can usually tell when its a unhappy parting as they just disappear.

Me too minim. I really miss her shows. I know she went to IW but the she disappeared again. She was such good fun. Real feel good TV when she was on I thought.

OH deary me. How boring, move along.

Timber was a gym bunny and worked out alot. I know because when Smashbox first appeared in my local Debenhams years back I knew the sa and she was trained by him. She said he was a lovely guy and very buff indeed in person. I remember asking why he was no longer on QVC and was told he had been promoted to European training manager for Smashbox.

Now it was strange how he left, when Daniel left there was a sort of handover on screen to Tina. But Timber just disappeared if I remember.

And now Nina seems to have disappeared, last few visits it has been Allison from SB on her own.

And now Nina seems to have disappeared, last few visits it has been Allison from SB on her own.

Maybe, Nina realising she just could not compete with "the voice", threw in the towel.
I would!

Maybe, Nina realising she just could not compete with "the voice", threw in the towel.
I would!

I didn't mean Alison Young, I meant Allison from Smashbox who was always there along with Nina.

I got a post card about this today, it came with one of my gatineau purchases. TSV is the Ready For Your Close Up Collection, but a variation on the one the US got (http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...ady-For-Your-Close-Up-7piece-Color-Collection) Ours is split blush and highlighter (powder formula, made in china), 4 quad eyeshadow (the one in the pic, powder formula, made in china), full exposure mascara, pink lip enhancing lipgloss (made in usa), brow tech to go, and I think cream eyeliner palette (made in china) - if you got the November newsletter those items are included.

To think I used to get excited about smashbox TSVs. Not we just get cheap tack. Very disappointing. I think Smashbox have given up on QVCUK.

I've gone right off Smashbox after the last time I ordered Halo foundation. I had been using it as my all in one foundation/powder for a while, as it really gave good coverage with a glowy, non chalky finish. The last one I had was just like a "normal" powder. Much less coverage and very powdery/chalky. Their quality doesn't seem the same, so if I want to treat myself to "high end" make up, I'll go for MAC/Clinique/bobbi Brown/ E Lauder, which at least seems to be of consistent quality

I've gone right off Smashbox after the last time I ordered Halo foundation. I had been using it as my all in one foundation/powder for a while, as it really gave good coverage with a glowy, non chalky finish. The last one I had was just like a "normal" powder. Much less coverage and very powdery/chalky. Their quality doesn't seem the same, so if I want to treat myself to "high end" make up, I'll go for MAC/Clinique/bobbi Brown/ E Lauder, which at least seems to be of consistent quality

And like Smashbox they are all owned by Estee Lauder!!!

Latest posts

Back