Smashbox Pulling out of QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was told by someone who has worked for Bobbi Brown from the early days, she really does not like the shimmerbricks or metallic now in the range. But Estee Lauder pay the wages so she goes along. Bobbi Brown was in Debenhams Belfast for quite a few years then House of Fraser opened and they went there. Seems HoF was more in keeping with the BB customer.

WEN the guy who owns the brand Chas takes his dogs everywhere with him. He does the shows on QVC himself etc so cannot see him coming without his dogs. I have seen tv ads to buy WEN but its a on going thing they send out every 3 months and you have a hell of a job stopping it.

Donna if you want to try Wen, just the cleanser, they do sell it as a separate item and it's worth checking their UK website as they have a sale twice a year and the reductions cover the p&p near as dammit. There should be another sale coming up in the summer. I still wish they'd do a QVC TSV with some of the flavours not available here like Fig. So far I've been using it for 18 months without having to join their scheme thanks to their sales and the odd ebay purchase.

Jude xx

But you all have to remember brands may not want to come to QVC. Some brands and yes they exist are more about exclusive not mass sells. Armani refuse to come into a department store if another counter is within so many miles. They have no counters in Scotland or Wales. House of Fraser Belfast have been asking them to come and open a counter they said no. They would sell like hot cakes if they did come to Belfast. At one point they considered it then changed their minds. Tom Ford is likely to come as they are now selling his Private Blend perfumes £127 for 50mls.

Look at Molton Brown(yes people still beg QVC to get them back on facebook. It gets rather boring when week after week its asked), the company who bought them does not want to deal with QVC. Even if their stores are empty as is the case the answer is NO.

Bobbi Brown has had a number of TSVs on QVC US with audio delivery. Yet Estee Lauder refuse to give us a TSV, why because they can. I am sure QVC UK have begged for a TSV, but Paul has told people at counters there will never be a TSV. End of.

Harvey Nichols Edinburgh have Armani makeup. I haven't really looked at it, the counter is quite difficult to browse so I get the feeling they would rather show the products to you than let you browse yourself

Yes that article came out when Estee Lauder bought the company last year. A few people on here said perhaps that was the reason Smashbox was going again. But I will say its more likely the outrageous pricing of the brand in sterling.

I have signed up for the newsletter but expect the prices to be the same as on counter which is far too expensive.

I wonder what the industry bigwigs think about QVC selling Smashbox and the resident beauty expert (top of her field according to her) raving and promoting the products/company after reading the Britishbeautyblogger's comments.

Smashbox uk

The website is up and running folks with free p&p and sample with every order. I wonder if they are leaving QVC.

got the email too and particularly homed in on the free p&p. this is happening more and more now - take note qvc!

I got mine too, think they are pricing themselves very carefully to be just below Bobbi Brown. think am going to try their liquid foundation. anyone tried it?

Yes, I think the show this month will be the end. They have gone from Debenhams, and Salonskincare have it all on sale.

I have noticed the prices online official website are cheaper than on counter. The cream eyeliner palettes are £30 on counter, but only £24 on the Smashbox site.

If anyone is looking for an excellent primer I highly recommend the photo finish targeted pore and line primer. I've tried many many many primers and this is by far the best. It goes on as smooth as silk, blurs lines and pores, gives a lovely sheen to the skin and lasts all day.

I didnt realise Smashbox had their own uk site! How long has that been around. They never used to have one and years ago when I bought stuff from them I ordered it from JBD. I still use 2 brush sets frequently that I bought about 4 years ago now! Still in perfect condition.. apart from one but I mended it with sellotape ..haha. You are little devils i've just seen a set on there that I have wanted for absolutely ages.. grrr! Complexion perfection! The concealer is fabulous I bought it cheap from Love Makeup once about a year or more ago and still using it now.. even though it is very nearly gone!

I have tried the high definition foundation before and found it very good.. havent bought it for ages though as the shade I got was slightly too dark and the brand wasnt easily accessible for me then! Very good value set at £39 as I thought the foundation was about 30 by itself and includes mini halo too! Free p&p and sample is nice. I still have a sachet sample of the primer I think from ages ago. I liked ordering from JBD as once they gave me 2 full sized products free with my order!

If anyone is looking for an excellent primer I highly recommend the photo finish targeted pore and line primer. I've tried many many many primers and this is by far the best. It goes on as smooth as silk, blurs lines and pores, gives a lovely sheen to the skin and lasts all day.

Thanks I've bought it on your recommendation. £22 with a complimentary 7g PHOTO FINISH LUMINIZING PRIMER
and free delivery.

Latest posts

Back