Skechers TSV 25/2/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m size 4 as well Akimbo and ordered size 3, I’m not too sure that they will fit but I thought that I take the risk.
I also ordered Sketchers Chugga boots last week and they are fabulous, very soft and comfy, size 3 fits well and snag, at £29 is a real bargain. I also ordered Sketchers Tropicana flip flop, £16 at reduced price.

I've got the same ones in my basket Marina, thanks for the tip. I'll probably just refuse delivery of the TSV because I prefer the SportsDirect ones anyway - thanks again!
How does one refuse delivery, do you say no thank you and they do a return slip there and then?
And how does one refuse a RM delivery if they leave a card or leave the package in your box?
I'm just asking as have not done it myself except the time when Amazon sent me 3 parcels of the same order and I had hard time convincing the courier to take it back and had no receipt for it.

I like the look of the TSV but I have large feet and skinny legs so the style tends not to suit me .Ill probably wait and read the reviews and feedback on here.

If it's a Hermes delivery they just mark it as refused on their hand-held gizmo. Some companies (not QVC) will action a refund almost there and then, but with QVC I just email and say it wasn't required so I've declined delivery and want to cancel the order. Royal Mail only works if the item is sent "signed for" in my experience, otherwise it's hard to intercept the delivery if it fits for the letter box or gets left on the doorstep.
It's also worked for me as an ebay seller recently where a buyer changed their mind after I posted the package so I just advised them to refuse it and sure enough it came back to me and the buyer was grateful not to have to traipse to the PO and pay to return it and accepted that the refund excluded the actual outward postage cost.
The danger with refusing a package that doesn't require a signature is that a dishonest courier of postman could pinch it and claim it was delivered.

For the unbeatable comfort you get in go-walks I've happily paid full price in the skechers shop more than once (for nice jazzy colours you cant get elsewhere)

When you tried them and found them loose at the heel, didn't you try the smaller size ? they are well known to be on the larger size so most people go down a size.

No, because I'm a 6 generally and also take a 6 in skechers. The 6 in the go walks fitted but were loose at the heel.

It's also worked for me as an ebay seller recently where a buyer changed their mind after I posted the package so I just advised them to refuse it and sure enough it came back to me and the buyer was grateful not to have to traipse to the PO and pay to return it and accepted that the refund excluded the actual outward postage cost.
I find this very interesting from the outward postage cost point of view. So if a customer refuses the delivery then the courier company/RM cover the return cost or the return cost is already included in the outward postage cost? Why are they being so understanding if it may cost them money?

I suppose once the item has been refused then the only course of action is to return it ti the sender, so technically it may be covered by the outward postage or just absorbed by the courier or Royal Mail as there's no one to charge (mind you it's only a matter of time before someone at Royal Mail has the idea to charge the sender for returning a parcel if they think it'll be workable). Maybe the contract between the sender and the courier or postal service includes a duty to safely deliver the parcel to the address or to return it safely to the sender if this can't be done?
Chatting to my Hermes chap, he has no problem with me refusing a parcel because he still gets paid whether it's delivered or refused.

My early order pair are now "order generated" on the hermes tracking page, so maybe they'll attempt delivery tomorrow.

Mine have arrived!!

My size 9 feet are in the size 8......but these QVC ones are NOT as big as the ones I tried on in Schue.

They may be okay (haven't had my feet in a size 8 since I was aged about 11) but I will wear them a few days and use my 30mdg!!

They are incredibly light.

Black is def charcoal/grey and not black.

Heels are loose on me and I DONT have slim feet, in fact I have a metal plate and screws in my right ankle and its always puffy/swollen and it is STILL a bit loose.

Even if I don't keep these, I will certainly try them in a size 9.......just not from QVC.

Marina.....I could kiss you!! :mysmilie_12:

I read your post yesterday and was going to say NO WAY would my huge plates of meat fit into an 8........at least not since I was aged about 11 :mysmilie_17:

But lovely OH took me to city centre today (with the aim of looking for a mens 9) but none in Sports Direct/Schue etc.

Shop assistant suggester I try a ladies 8 and............

Yay!! It fits......so happy!!

Thank you Marina :mysmilie_59:

Wow I made someone happy today, it feels really good, thanks Sally, glad you like your Sketchers, see if you can get hold of the Chugga boots (if you need any boots that is) they are heavenly soft, there’s a video on QVC but the price is better elsewhere. I went a size down and they fit perfectly.

No, because I'm a 6 generally and also take a 6 in skechers. The 6 in the go walks fitted but were loose at the heel.

other sketchers may well be different to go-walks (don't know only ever had go-walk) but I do know go walks to be generous sized, so always go down a size.

mine arrived today too !
the teal are gorgeous , but the pink are a bit luminously bright for my taste - so they'll be going back

"fit wise" again the 5 is perfect for my 5 1/2 sized feet - but I now have 6 pairs so I know what size to go for in go-walk's

Mine arrived, too, but are huge even though I've got broad feet and I'm not a half size. They flap around just like flipflops so they're going back. Such a shame because they're really nice. Why can't these brands get their sizing right?

Mine arrived, too, but are huge even though I've got broad feet and I'm not a half size. They flap around just like flipflops so they're going back. Such a shame because they're really nice. Why can't these brands get their sizing right?
I totally agree, rather than saying take a size down just do the correct sizing in first place.

Mine are on the way, but having read a few comments on FB, lots appear to be sending them back. One person said they haven't made the heel cups high enough to accommodate the memory foam insole so they don't cup your heel.

Its the first pair with memory foam I've had, so a bit worried now, not only about the fit, but doesn't memory foam make your feet hot too??

I ordered a 5 in the teal and a 6 in the pink, so have it covered. (I take a 6) The teal arrived today and fit beautifully EXCEPT they are a big snug at the big toe end, so will wait for the 6 to arrive before deciding, but on reports I'm expecting them to be too big all over. So one pair or both will be going back.

I ordered a 5 in the teal and a 6 in the pink, so have it covered. (I take a 6) The teal arrived today and fit beautifully EXCEPT they are a big snug at the big toe end, so will wait for the 6 to arrive before deciding, but on reports I'm expecting them to be too big all over. So one pair or both will be going back.
I have the same problem with Go Walks, size 4 is lose on my feet but bearable (my actual size) and size 3 snug at the big toe end and also bearable but both sizes fit if this makes sense.

Skechers TSV

The recent TSV for Skechers is yet another disaster. I ordered 2 pairs of go-walks and both pairs have arrived. They were described as lightweight and they certainly are. However that is where the good points stop. They are huge in length and in the heel area. The reviews on the QVC website are not good so I decided to phone customer services and they have agreed to send me 2 return slips. I hope these arrive quickly as I am out of pocket and need that money back in my account ASAP. How long will this take? anyone on here know.

Latest posts

Back