Skechers TSV 25/2/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If anyone lives near one of the outlet shops there will probably be a bumper selection in there.

The lucky ones who will be able to try them on before making a purchase.
Or perhaps keep an eye on your local TKMaxx, you never know.

I don't understand why the sizes are so different from the last TSV which fits me perfectly. I have broad feet in a standard size, not a half size, and yet these flapped around on me like flipflops, as I said on another thread.

ALL of these brands need to be consistent in sizing and not leave it to us to try to work out whether to follow the presenters' advice (not always right) to go up or down a size. We're the customer. We expect to get what we pay for, not what they want to send us. It's not up to us to guess which size. It should be a case of if you know your size, go with it, and then and only then either go up or down. This TSV has been a farce and mine are sadly going back - at their expense as I intend to claim for them.

Well having said I'd refuse delivery curiosity got the better of me and before I was going to order cheaper elsewhere (thanks Marina) I thought I'd at least try them for size. On the DHS I take a 4 or 4 and 1/2 (depending on the style) but I'm a 36 in Birkenstocks so I ordered the TSV in a 3 and the length is fine, but that's where the positives end. They're still too big pretty much all the way around and the heel slips off when I walk. Also the heel cup feels too shallow so that contributes to the heel slipping off because it doesn't reach over the curve of the heel to the point where the ankle tapers just above the heel. To me it feels as though there are too many thick insoles in the shoe if you know what I mean. A heel grip wouldn't work for me as it would push my foot forwards towards the tos of the shoe.
I might email for a label, there can't be many feet that would fit this weird construction. I should have refused the parcel! Lesson learnt!

I wish I had now. But I still don't understand why they get their sizing so wrong when the last TSV was a perfect fit and so comfortable. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

True, LATI. I never learn... But on the bright side, QVC are at least going to pay for the return. All you have to do is ask. Judging by the comments on the Q site, they're going to have to pay an awful lot of postage and deal with an awful lot of returns. Pity about that.

Hell rub it up them! But it no doubt there will be another one along soon with exactly the same problems. It just goes to show the profit margins there must be (vendors and Q) when all the returns are taken into account it is still profitable to churn it out again and again. Eg No No, Links, and on and on.

Well, I have arranged for QVC to send me a returns label and I have ordered the Go Walk low top trainers from Amazon for £29.99 free p&p. QVC need to take better care of their customers.

I like Merrell boots and shoes - In the summer shoes I need a whole smaller size. In winter boots I take my whole size but they only just fit

Well, I have arranged for QVC to send me a returns label and I have ordered the Go Walk low top trainers from Amazon for £29.99 free p&p. QVC need to take better care of their customers.

I've done that too with Amazon my fiend recommended them so bought some :mysmilie_59:

I'm returning my navy Go Walk size 3 to sportsdirect as they are a bit small (Akimbo)

Ok, here's a tip I've used for donkey's years whenever shoes have been a bit tight, AND it always works.

Walk around the house, for as long as you can stand it, with the shoes on the wrong feet ! yes, to start with it can be crippling, but if you persevere, you'll find that the moment you swap them to the right feet they will feel so much more comfortable !!!

I've just remembered that people say wear wet socks in the new shoes and walk around the house. I have noticed that new leather shoes fit me better and shape around my feet better after I'm caught in the rain.

Latest posts

Back