Simon Wilson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
What's with Simon and the American accent? Is it in honour of Donald Trump? I've been watching a bit of this hour and the accent is in evidence, except when he slips back into his normal voice! It's "wanna" do this, and something is "boodiful", and he seems to be deliberately changing his voice. Actually, it just sounds false - which it is.

I never watch him anymore, I find him far too smarmy and imo patronising...

Perhaps he has been on a sales technique seminar where they are taught that adopting an American accent improve sales. I think it is run by Swiss Toni...

Trouble is he keeps forgetting, and slipping back into his normal voice! I found it quite funny - must be a terrible strain, trying to maintain a different accent for a hour or more.
Perhaps he is going to be selling on QVC US and they can't understand his Scottish accent?

Never been a fan of him or his jewellery, and think he is very rude at times!

He seemed to be making an extra effort to be charm personified during the short time I was watching....in fact, the smile on his face was quite unnerving, I'm used to his abrupt and quite hectoring manner, as you've said, and I confess the "new image" gave me the creeps!:screamingpumpkin:

Never been a fan of him or his jewellery, and think he is very rude at times!

Last edited:
Not a fan either in fact I can't watch him. Does anyone wear those skulls that he churns out, I find them creepy. His so called couture jewellery is just over priced tat that I wouldn't give tuppence for yet somebody is buying or they wouldn't have him back so often.

I've never seen anyone in the skull jewellery - but then, I don't mix in 'those circles' where the choice of tight leather clothing and chains are worn with 'gay' abandon !

Perhaps he's got an American partner and is picking up the accent ?

I like him., find his rudeness quite charming !!

But would it be charming if you were on the receiving end of this rudeness?

As the saying goes - one man's meat is another man's poison.

I don't like or dislike him. I dislike his behaviour (only civil to those who he knows and chooses to work with regularly), and I dislike his products, which are not at all to my taste. The rudeness is one of my "hot buttons" with many presenters and some of the guests.

I would say, that he's an interesting change of pace from many of QVC's guests, and doesn't come out with the same desperately dull platitudes about his products... some of them could probably phone in their presentations they are so repetitive...

Latest posts

Back