shame on you, people who hate basso and yet eat meat and wear leather

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
your hypocrisy knows no limits.

go visit an abbattoir - where your dinner is being prepared - then come back and tell me the difference.

There's a difference between farming & slaughtering animals for food, utilising all elements of the carcass in secondary clothing/footwear manufacture, and farming and slaughtering animals for the singular purpose of personal adornment.
At least animals slaughtered for food are stunned and slaughtered before being butchered.
Animals slaughtered primarily for fur coats do not receive this 'consideration'.
That is the difference.

I can't speak for everyone, but I hate Basso as he makes no mention of his evil trade so the viewer can no make a decision based on facts.

If someone buys basso fake fur and knows about him then that is there choice and would not try to stop them.

QVC bangs on about cruelty free beauty yet let basso on screen that is what really annoys me.

I should be a vegatarian but don't like vegtables, am trying to live on toast and cornflakes at the moment but with a high gluten intolerance that isn"t going to well.

Anyway back to the point, if QVC spoke about what Basso does and then say this is his Faux collection they could get on with it, knowledge is king, QVC does not feel it's viewers should have the knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think people can be criticised for eating meat and wearing leather, as previously stated, the animal is being fully used and therefore it's the same as if in the wild where an animal is eaten by a lion, bear etc - it's a form of food as well as a high source of protein and iron.
Before I get people commenting on how we don't need to eat animals to live, for a fully fledged carnivore they don't need vegetables to live either. A vegan/vegetarian does not have to watch a meat eater eat. It surpises me though that the most verbal non meat eaters in the "sanctity of animal life" seem to be those that still partake of milk and dairy and sometimes even free range eggs. I have always found vegans very peaceable and understanding of meat eaters even though they obviously don't agree with it.
The point I am trying to make, and I have been both an ovolacto vegetarian and an omnivore, is that most people need both meat and veg. Meat is an important food source, maybe not 100% necessary but it does provide nutrients that vegetables alone can only offer in extremely high quantities. A lot of vegetarians/vegans suffer from some form of iron deficiency and that's extremely hazardous to health.
Why shouldn't someone be criticised for killing an animal for sport, or beauty and why should someone be criticised for killing an animal for food?

NB
I just watched the video on the pigs and have to say that after watching Hugh FW talking about keeping animals happy before you eat them ensures better quality meat makes these two people calling their pigs bacon and sausage seem pretty reasonable. It also allows them to put into perspective what these animals are kept for and are destined to become. It's called the Circle of Life. And I have seen an animal killed in an abbatoir too.

*chuckles quietly in corner*

Funnily enough I was in a taxi today which drove right by his shop or one of them,don't know how many he has.

Wonder how long it will be before this thread is closed??*Looks at watch*

Last edited:
They may have Mrs J.

I doubt though that they have mentioned that MOST of his fur is “top-quality” lamb skin known as broadtail or astrakhan.

Fetal lamb to you and me. The mother is killed just before giving birth and her fetus is cut out. The pelts of the unborn lambs are prized in the fashion world for their silk-like sheen.

I doubt though that they have mentioned that MOST of his fur is “top-quality” lamb skin known as broadtail or astrakhan.

Fetal lamb to you and me. The mother is killed just before giving birth and her fetus is cut out. The pelts of the unborn lambs are prized in the fashion world for their silk-like sheen.
Nothing more needs to be said. :mad:

There's a difference between farming & slaughtering animals for food, utilising all elements of the carcass in secondary clothing/footwear manufacture, and farming and slaughtering animals for the singular purpose of personal adornment.
At least animals slaughtered for food are stunned and slaughtered before being butchered.
Animals slaughtered primarily for fur coats do not receive this 'consideration'.
That is the difference.

Yep - totally agree with this. Hundreds and thousands of years ago people had no choice, animal fur was the only way they could cover themselves and keep warm. The whole of the animal would be utilised for many different things even back then, food, clothing, even jewellery from the bones and stuff like book bindings from the leather. But that was because people had no choice.

We now live in a world that produces brilliant man made fibres that keep us warm in winter and cool in summer - there is simply no need to slaughter an animal any more just purely for it's pelt, and certainly no excuse ever in a million years to take an unborn lamb from it's slaughtered mother just because it's 'nice to work with' as Basso puts it...

ok, here goes, who is actually most guilty? basso, or the customers who actually buy his real furs, i mean would he continue to butcher animals for fun if no one bought the end product

also, i suspect a great many have popped down the chemist for medicine or had injections against certain illnesses, some of us maybe on hrt or even be smokers

my point being all of the above lifestyle choices, can and have some continue to have the most dire history of abuse of animals, we could say well its not for fashion, but whatever it is for we humans continue to abuse animals for our own gain, so sorry to say i am not sure we have the right to select one persons choice ie wear dennis basso fur, whilst we dose ourselves with flu remedy or refuse to pay the extra for free range meats and eggs

how boring...another boring 'controversial' post from someone with nothing better to do than inflame people...... get a life burly bear !!!

when some of these american presenters come onto QVC and sell leather handbags...they tend to slip into calling it SKIN not leather........I wonder if all these skin bags from the USA are a by-product of the meat industry..just wondering not judging as I have bought one in the past.:mysmilie_11:

The mother is killed just before giving birth and her fetus is cut out.

Late stage (human) abortion is acceptable to many, perhaps because the mother is left intact?

Many medical research techniques depend in a supply of aborted (human)foetuses for fetal stem-cells. This research benefits us.

Not saying this makes fur-collection moral, but many of us are able to fudge the morality when it suits us - not just rich people in furs.

That is the difference.

Precise and to the point: thank you P-A-L for putting it so well.

how boring...another boring 'controversial' post from someone with nothing better to do than inflame people...... get a life burly bear !!!
I don't think it's a "boring" post,there are folk on here who have contrary opinions who are too scared to voice them once the Ban Basso Brigade start bloviating!
I am not one of those people.
Firstly these animals which Basso breeds for his business are bred for that sole purpose,they wouldn't have ordinarily become pets,nor are they in danger of becoming extinct.
The same way that salmon and chicken are bred like maggots for you lot to eat!
I haven't eaten meat or fish for 20 years but I'm not pontificating every two minutes about what a vile trade it is....and oh the suffering,yadda,yadda.
The bottom line is I'm not Inuit neither do I live in Siberia,so I would never wear a real fur coat,however,to each his own.If Basso was making his garments from actual tiger skins and giraffes,I could understand why folk would be foaming at the mouth.
Bottom line is as much as I adore animals I'm far more concerned and interested in a decent quality of life for HUMAN BEINGS.
I'm sure most of the folk who make the sweat shop items some of you have coveted of late would relish the quick death that Basso's animals have endured.Coz I'm sure these humans are having a brilliant life working 19 hour days,for 4pence an hour,with inadequate toilet facilities,constant threats of beatings,impossible quotas,no breaks etc,I'm sure they're having a dandy old time.
Dare I even mention the organ harvesting which is going on in Haiti right now?,you won't see that on CNN will you?,but no,people want to get their knickers in all kinds of twists about some ****** fur!

Jokers!

Late stage (human) abortion is acceptable to many, perhaps because the mother is left intact?

Many medical research techniques depend in a supply of aborted (human)foetuses for fetal stem-cells. This research benefits us.

Not saying this makes fur-collection moral, but many of us are able to fudge the morality when it suits us - not just rich people in furs.
Late stage abortion per se is not acceptable but in some cases may be unavoidable on medical grounds but it is never undertaken without a great deal of consideration and cannot be used as a comparison.

Medical research is a completely different argument. Whilst I abhor many animal research practices and would hope that the animals are treated as humanely as possible I have to accept that the end result is vital in the quest to find cures for serious illnesses and diseases. Stem cell research in particular is of vital importance in the battle to cure or drastically improve many peoples' lives who suffer from very debilitating conditions, MS being just one of them.

The subject matter isn't what is boring ben fong torres, in fact it is highly emotive as is clear by your post, you missed my point completely. What I meant is how we are now all enraged into having this argument when the person who posted is sitting back rubbing their hands together at having caused trouble !

I don't think it's a "boring" post,there are folk on here who have contrary opinions who are too scared to voice them once the Ban Basso Brigade start bloviating!
I am not one of those people.
Firstly these animals which Basso breeds for his business are bred for that sole purpose,they wouldn't have ordinarily become pets,nor are they in danger of becoming extinct.
The same way that salmon and chicken are bred like maggots for you lot to eat!
I haven't eaten meat or fish for 20 years but I'm not pontificating every two minutes about what a vile trade it is....and oh the suffering,yadda,yadda.
The bottom line is I'm not Inuit neither do I live in Siberia,so I would never wear a real fur coat,however,to each his own.If Basso was making his garments from actual tiger skins and giraffes,I could understand why folk would be foaming at the mouth.
Bottom line is as much as I adore animals I'm far more concerned and interested in a decent quality of life for HUMAN BEINGS.
I'm sure most of the folk who make the sweat shop items some of you have coveted of late would relish the quick death that Basso's animals have endured.Coz I'm sure these humans are having a brilliant life working 19 hour days,for 4pence an hour,with inadequate toilet facilities,constant threats of beatings,impossible quotas,no breaks etc,I'm sure they're having a dandy old time.
Dare I even mention the organ harvesting which is going on in Haiti right now?,you won't see that on CNN will you?,but no,people want to get their knickers in all kinds of twists about some ****** fur!

Jokers!

:mysmilie_687: Bravo BFT I like your style!

Latest posts

Back