Sbc tsv 26/08/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Theres an SBC TSV on the 26th August , its a 5 piece collection featuring a brand new product to the range ...... Im hoping its the new Rose and Argan oil gel :). By the photo it looks like there 500mls , Hopefully it will be around the £30 mark like the tsv this time last year :)

10372304_10152561630714559_1604741654285316341_n.jpg

Thanks Autumn,I would like to try the new gel,only one I don't use is the Arnica which seems to be popular.
Lynn

Thanks Autumn,I would like to try the new gel,only one I don't use is the Arnica which seems to be popular.
Lynn

Yeah sadly they always put the Arnica in the Tsvs :( . Im still using the gels from last August's Tsv , there are great value for money :)

Hmm....I am drowning in collagen gel at the mo and ploughing through the other set if gels that were in a TSV. Somehow I don't think I will need any more for a while...even in August :)

Don't think I will be buying; like a lot of other posters, I am awash with various gels, and that is with using the arnica and propolis regularly on my boxers. I suppose really, SBC is the victim of it's own effectiveness, which means one does not need to use much and, consequently, it lasts longer thus not requiring the user to repurchase as often.

I too am still using the gels from the Sept 2013 TSV (and I also have the 1L Collagen gel from the recent Collagen TSV unused).

I was kind of hoping this TSV would be shower cremes, as I'd tweeted Adele a while ago (when it was the Arnica TSV) and commented on wanted that and she said 'I would love the summer TSV', now I put the collagen TSV down as being the one she was referring too because it had 1L of the Collagen shower creme but then when I found out about this one, I thought maybe this would be a 5 piece 500ml shower gel/creme set. I have my fingers crossed.

If it's a gels collection like the one I am still currently using, then I won't be purchasing because I have a lot at home already.

Don't think I will be buying; like a lot of other posters, I am awash with various gels, and that is with using the arnica and propolis regularly on my boxers. I suppose really, SBC is the victim of it's own effectiveness, which means one does not need to use much and, consequently, it lasts longer thus not requiring the user to repurchase as often.

What do you use the gels for, Louise, on your boxers? Do they have arthritis?
Do you just rub it on the bare bits, like tummies? Mine are a real bunch of Hairy Marys though, as you can see from one on my avatar. :mysmilie_48:

well it should contain it as thats £21.50 + postage for 500ml

SBC Rose & Argan Oil Gel 500ml
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.206687

I ordered mine on the 8th July and it arrived this morning and wow it left my skin feeling really cool and soft. My psoriasis is playing up on my hands and I was worried it would aggravate it but no it was lovely and cool and took some heat/dryness/itch out of it. When you first use it, it does smell quite strongly of the rose but that didn’t linger for long leaving just a hint. That said I’m not sure that it would appeal to the men. I really love it and can’t wait for the rest of this range to add to my large, well-loved SBC collection.

On the back it says;

“An exquisite skincare gel uniting a classic fusion of Rose Essential Oils, Argan Oil, Chamomile and Passion Flower to condition, calm and soothe, whilst providing an immediate feeling of comfort, relief and coolness. An anti-oxidant gel that will ensure a softer, smoother, firmer, more toned looking complexion. Recommended for delicate skin, or skin with a tendency to flush.

Directions: Smooth over the face and body as a moisturiser. Apply morning and night.”

A few months ago I would have jumped all over this as I suffer with facial redness that has become worse recently and has spread on my face and chest. Now, I'm not so sure.

Much as I'd love to try something to reduce the redness, I'm reluctant to try this as the second ingredient is aclohol denat - a known cause of redness. I've been using the propolis gel (which I love), for the last few months - all over the areas that have become redder recently - in an attempt to reduce irritation. Unfortunately, it has definitely worsened.

I've avoided alcohol denat since Boots rosewater (meant for sensitive skin, but had AD high on the list) set my skin off really badly. Nothing worked to reduce it so I gave in and tried laser treatments that did actually work. Now it's back, even worse than before, and I'm sort of wondering if its the AD in the SBC gels that I've been using exclusively for the last few months...

Anyone fancy giving me some advice?

I found the Weleda Almond range was a great help for facial redness. Alcohol free and they do a tester pack for around £9 with reasonable sized products in it. My skin was in dire need of gentleness at the time and was really upset, sore and red and this brand really helped soothe it and take the redness away. Browse the range and see if you think it might help.

I used to go bright red if I drank alcohol. Now I am menopaused, I tolerate alcohol much better. I can wash my face with L'Occitane soap and use the Melvita range of products. I am currently using Bodyshop's hemp handcream as a moisturiser on my face!

What do you use the gels for, Louise, on your boxers? Do they have arthritis?
Do you just rub it on the bare bits, like tummies? Mine are a real bunch of Hairy Marys though, as you can see from one on my avatar. :mysmilie_48:

Boxers can develop problems with their back ends and, if mine appear to be having difficulty getting up, I use the arnica on their hind quarters, and down their spines. Also, my eldest recently had a swollen wrist, so the arnica came in really handy. If I notice they are limping, out comes the arnica. The propolis is a must if they are scratching a lot, or if they develop a rough patch, or any scabby areas. I also use them both as preventative measures. There is nothing in them, that can harm them so it's a double whammy that they help. I wouldn't be without the gels for my two. Give them a go.

Thank you, Vienna, I will look into that range.

ILS - I'm just about hitting menopause now. I'm as oily as a teenager and spottier than I ever was then, but apart from my t-zone, I'm quite dry. Don't know if I'd use Hemp hand cream on my chops, though it's probably the best hand cream I've ever used. I'm currently using Bioderma Atoderm PO on my dry, red bits and am seeing a little improvement. I got it from Escentual a few weeks back when they had a 1/3 off their French ranges.

Just FYI for anyone reading, I'd posted that Mally's primers were amazing for oily skin. Well, Bioderm's AKN from the Sebium range beats it hands down. I decided to try the range after having a small sample of these items from a previous Escentual order (QVC would probably sell loads more if they started sampling). I put some on my t-zone before bed and I was still matte and very smooth the following morning. I've used some pretty good mattifying stuff over the years, but oddly enough, ranges specifically meant for oily skin haven't worked for me. I've liked the Mally primers, Neutrogena's Sheer Touch spf creams and MAC Prime & Prep spf 50 - but AKN beats them all, plus I'm not worrying about using spf creams on my skin 24/7.

I'm not worried about my feet, ankles, hips and back going red either, so will happily continue to use SBC arnica as I'd go bankrupt if I used those small tubes of arnica cream in the volume I use it!

I found the Weleda Almond range was a great help for facial redness. Alcohol free and they do a tester pack for around £9 with reasonable sized products in it. My skin was in dire need of gentleness at the time and was really upset, sore and red and this brand really helped soothe it and take the redness away. Browse the range and see if you think it might help.

Thanks Vienna. This looks interesting and inexpensive enough to try. Any suggestions for other samples on the site? TIA

Thanks Vienna. This looks interesting and inexpensive enough to try. Any suggestions for other samples on the site? TIA
I`ve only ever used the almond range from weleda. I once used a cream on my face which I obviously had a bad reaction to and my face was really sore and red. Everything seemed to sting and make it worse so I ordered the Almond cleanser, moisturiser and oil and it really calmed things down, it took away the soreness and within a few days my skin began to balance itself again. I actually bought mine from amazon after a friend saw my sore face and told me to try it. I used the cleanser morning and night, the moisturiser in the morning and the oil at night. Once things improved and my skin returned to normal I began introducing my old brands but i always keep the Almond on hand for emergencies or when i feel my skin just needs a break.

I checked with Adele today on Twitter & the TSV she was referring to for me was the last one, therefore this is very unlikely to be shower cremes. So I would guess,most likely a 5 piece gel collection. If it's gels I don't already own I'll probably get it.

Latest posts

Back