Sarah Chapman Skinesis *blows a long wet raspberry*

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can no longer use oil on my face, so I would like to recommend to anyone else who is in a similar situation, take two tablespoons of cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil each day, and see your skin bloom after a week or so.

I can no longer use oil on my face

I never could, I've tried Bio Oil, rosehip etc... It just don't sink in :doh:

I'm not gainsaying you, Claudi, with the following:

According to converts on Money Saving Expert, organic coconut oil is the way to go for all kinds of both external and internal miracle therapeutic effects (saturated fat but, crucially, medium chain fatty acids). If it doesn't suit your phiz (or even if it does) you can eat a spoonful each day (it's solid at room temp) if you can stomach it and cook with it. Never tried it meself, have meant to for years.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1297569

clemenzina

I can no longer use oil on my face, so I would like to recommend to anyone else who is in a similar situation, take two tablespoons of cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil each day, and see your skin bloom after a week or so.

Even better is Hemp Oil, it's supposedly the most 'perfect' oil with so many health benefits. It has a nice nutty taste but has to be kept in the fridge.

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/content.asp?id=64

Got my first tub of organic coconut oil today - have taken 1/4 teasponful (taste ok, consistency not so ok). Wait for all sorts of wonderful things to happen:cheeky:

I never could, I've tried Bio Oil, rosehip etc... It just don't sink in :doh:

I'm not gainsaying you, Claudi, with the following:

According to converts on Money Saving Expert, organic coconut oil is the way to go for all kinds of both external and internal miracle therapeutic effects (saturated fat but, crucially, medium chain fatty acids). If it doesn't suit your phiz (or even if it does) you can eat a spoonful each day (it's solid at room temp) if you can stomach it and cook with it. Never tried it meself, have meant to for years.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1297569

clemenzina

Bio Oil has mineral oil in it so that may be why that didn't sink in. I found with Rosehip Oil, it helped to spray water (Evian/Vichy/Avene or LE ISBT) on face just before applying it - seems to spread/absorb better.

Have heard about the coconut oil before - alot of raw foodies seem to rave about using it on face and body, and about ingesting it too. have never tried it though.

Does anyone remember the good old days of a dose of cod liver oil every day? Makes bowels rumble just to think of it - but maybe that's why as little uns we had such rosy complexions!

It almost makes me retch, remembering it. I used to like what we called "cod liver oil o' malt" as if it was all one word - aww, the memories ;)

Anyway, they didn't give me rosy cheeks, only a rosy nose :tongue2:

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back