Ruth Langsford TSV 11/10/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw a show the other day. Marlas’ offerings seem to be morphing into the usual Q garments. Not a fan of her stuff but at least they were different. I thought I was watching Kim when I saw an edge to edge polyester cardi.
There was a cardigan for about £90 definitely wouldn't pay that.

Every time I drop onto the QVC channel she’s on it doing a double act with her bestie Cabler. It’s beyond cringeworthy. I wouldn’t care if her clothes were stylish but mostly they’re just shapeless and frumpy. And the jumpers - don’t get me started. They must be selling in their thousands for them to keep putting her on but it’s a source of total amazement to me that people are continually willing to part with that much cash for any of them. I think QVC must be struggling to fill their air time. This is a plea from the heart - If any of the big wigs at Q happen to read this can you please give her a break (a long one)!
Totally agree. The jumpers always seem baggy around the chest and very tight around the tum and hips - yet they still sell ! You've only to see how badly they look on Ruth (the designer (!) ) to run a mile from them.
In all her years on qvc I've only sent for 2 items - a cocoon cardi which was awful and returned, and a surprisingly well fitted navy mac - classed as trench but without the belt and epaulettes which I kept. Otherwise I find her stuff overpriced for market stall quality, and I'm staggered that folk would buy anything with her initials on it as though she's a bone fide designer !!!

I saw a show the other day. Marlas’ offerings seem to be morphing into the usual Q garments. Not a fan of her stuff but at least they were different. I thought I was watching Kim when I saw an edge to edge polyester cardi.
I would hazard a guess the MW has nothing to do now with the clothes that carry her label.At first she was involved in the presentations and love them or hate them the range had a distinctive look.RL as we know is not a designer so rather than originating ideas which even if they ‘classic’ in look do not have a newness and style which take a creative mind to tap into.RL is looking at ideas she ‘likes’ from those that are already in the marketplace, that is why we think we have seen it all before .Not in the fashion capitols of Paris or Milan but on our own High Street and Market stalls.Ruth is a personality who appeals to many, they trust her but why worry as long as it brings in the sales and Ruth makes the money.
Sorry to ramble on but there is a lot more to generating originality in the fashion market than meets the eye!

Latest posts

Back