Ridiculous words / phrases

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Depth of stock. More internal company jargon.

Ive said before, my job used to involve making formal presentations and attending meetings & negotiations with important clients. My company ensured that all staff involved in such activities were properly trained in presentation skills, project management, putting together complex documents, even vocabulary (eg no jargon, no 'on trend' words & phrases) before we were let loose on an audience !

Clearly QVC don't provide or require such training for their presenters or guests.

Kim from Montreal Canada just said... you don't choose your clothes ...your clothes choose you...I wish I could understand that.LOL

Kim from Montreal Canada just said... you don't choose your clothes ...your clothes choose you...I wish I could understand that.LOL

LOOOOOL! How silly! That scores very highly in the ridiculousness stakes. How can clothes possibly choose anyone / thing?

I think "smug" would be a better word for that irritating little raspy-voiced gnomette! Let's hope his pride comes before a fall and that one day he trips over a tree root and tumbles into a ravine, never to be see again.
I'm a great believer in pride coming before a fall. I was walking out of my bedroom, feeling very smug and proud about the fact that no cleaning was needed. Suddenly, and I do mean suddenly, I felt as though my spine had "dropped." I hadn't been bending or doing anything strenuous, just walking feeling smug! A trip to A & E several days later revealed that the disc had completely gone and one of my vertebrae had shunted forward into my spinal column. I will eventually need surgery. How come Mr Jackson gets away with it. Smug git.

I'm a great believer in pride coming before a fall. I was walking out of my bedroom, feeling very smug and proud about the fact that no cleaning was needed. Suddenly, and I do mean suddenly, I felt as though my spine had "dropped." I hadn't been bending or doing anything strenuous, just walking feeling smug! A trip to A & E several days later revealed that the disc had completely gone and one of my vertebrae had shunted forward into my spinal column. I will eventually need surgery. How come Mr Jackson gets away with it. Smug git.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your back. Hope you get that sorted out ok. Backs / shoulders are always the worst things. I had a trapped nerve in my shoulder and couldn't turn my head without feeling like someone was twisting a knife. Surgery fixed it.

Another to the list "Reviews on Facebook":mysmilie_5:

I will look at reviews on the QVC website and other authentic websites if I'm interested in a product

Another to the list "Reviews on Facebook":mysmilie_5:

I will look at reviews on the QVC website and other authentic websites if I'm interested in a product

Absolutely, seeing as QVC and Facebook appears to be under the thumb of the BTY brigade who allow no dissent and no negativity.

And Chloe's constant "this is a real game changer" for nearly every single product she presents ....

"We deliver to your door." The implication presumably being that Amazon et al just deliver somewhere miles down the road and you have to go and carry it home.

But which phrase / word is the worst? I'm thinking "hero product" myself. It's just so utterly ridiculous!!!

We've got loads in store, we've got lots in store, don't forget cheesy Biagis personal favourite annnnnnnnd!!!!!

But which phrase / word is the worst? I'm thinking "hero product" myself. It's just so utterly ridiculous!!!

Hero product is their euphemism for best seller...when they don't want you thinking it's all about sales (although it always, and only, is about sales)

Latest posts

Back