Respect...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I expect Angela Kelly could be falling back on her 3 book publishing deal for her living now.

I thought Princess Charlotte so cute in her little hat, and Prince William looked quite dashing in his Airforce uniform. Hairy Harry needed a good tidy up of his hair and beard.

I wasn’t intending to really watch, just in between doing chores, but ended up being in front of TV all day.

Princess Anne and Charles must be exhausted one being with her mothers body and the other visiting areas of Uk and then walking miles today considering they are both over 70 .

My heart went out to the pallbearers, generally but particularly on those steps to Windsor, their mothers must be bursting with pride.

I don’t think the world has or will see the like again.

As the Mum of a serving Army Officer and also the Mum of a serving Police officer, in my opinion whether people call themselves Monarchists or not, they should be proud of ALL of our forces. They have all done their jobs magnificently and have kept the population safe throughout the whole mourning period, have run the whole lead up to the funeral and the funeral itself like clockwork and given the Queen a wonderful send off.
We also need to be thankful to the many many volunteers who have given their time for free and have worked hard too. The rest of the World need to watch and learn and at least for a short time I feel we have put the Great back into Great Britain and long may it last.

Sadly hearing the truth, as per some accounts I've made, may be interpreted as 'horrible'., but my rose tinted view of the world regarding many of its celebrity inhabitants lost its glow many moons ago.

My own interpretation of 'horrible' is when someone, when meeting King Charles on a walkabout, confronts him with saying how in the midst of a cost of living crisis we are having to pay for his parade !!

(posted this seconds after the above photo was shown)
Who has paid for the parade/policing ets etc etc?

I think it’s been an extremely emotional day 🥲I was tipped over the edge when they bought out Emma the Queens horse and the Corgis.
I was in London all day today: first on Parliament Square, then at Queen's Gate exit from Hyde park, then I went to see the floral tributes.
Now back at home and blubbing like a good 'un watching what I missed. It is like losing a dear family member to me... and has resurrected all the feelings of loss for other loved ones.
I don't even consider myself a monarchist, but I was absolutely Elizabethist.

I found the cortege between the Hall and the Abbey, with the pipers playing and her children/grandchildren walking behind the coffin magnificent, and incredibly moving but then I had it on in the background while I caught up on the backlog of work online (yesterday would have been my first day back after a two-weeks' annual leave and I’m straight into an away-day, today). I was drawn back to the screen every time those incredible soldiers moved the coffin from one location to another - to say the hearts of their families would have been bursting with pride is an under-statement. I then found it really touching that her favourite horse and corgis were there as she arrived back at Windsor - I believe animals experience a sense of loss and it's not something they can fully comprehend, or something we can explain to them. The bit that really got me though was when they removed the sceptre, orb and crown from her coffin signifying the finality of her reign, and that she left this world as she came into it. It reminded me of something my grandmother used to say... "You can't take it with you when you go...".

Yes, I expect Angela Kelly could be falling back on her 3 book publishing deal for her living now.

I thought Princess Charlotte so cute in her little hat, and Prince William looked quite dashing in his Airforce uniform. Hairy Harry needed a good tidy up of his hair and beard.
It was Charlotte in her hat that set me off…..and also the overhead shots where you just saw far in the distance the yellow on the coffin.
I had never before realise how vast Westminster Abbey was….I’ve been past it a few times but never gone in. Next time we have a few days in London I’m going in…whatever the entrance fee.

We’d been away for the weekend and were driving back. I was in the passenger seat watching the BBC coverage on my phone. Isn’t technology marvellous.

It occurred to me this morning that the timing of everything has worked quite well for Q and other shopping channels. All done and dusted in time for October when they normally start the constant Christmas marketing and shove the trees up in the studio.

There can be a number of weeks between someone dying and the date of their funeral which was even longer during covid shutdowns. My friend passed away in January 2021 and it took almost a month before her cremation took place. She was in the chapel of rest all that time and looked fine.
Nowadays for health and hygiene reasons most bodies have what`s called temporary preservation, in other words a form of embalming but not as in depth as the full embalming process which involves removal of internal organs etc so a body will be preserved for years. Temporary preservation involves replacing the blood with a preservative which can also include dye to make the body look less pale or ill. Usually undertakers do this as part of their services unless requested not to.
If you`ve ever organised a loved ones funeral then temporary preservation is usually listed on the bill. The full effects of it can last for around 6 weeks though (as in my late husband`s case) if the deceased has had constant doses of morphine ie through one of the black box syringes then the morphine which has built up in the internal organs can lessen the effect of the preservation in a shorter time.
The Queen`s funeral directors will have been there a short time after her death and will have dealt with everything swiftly and at Balmoral itself. Before her death was announced there were lots of vehicles passing in and out and at lots of different entrances and necessary equipment will have been driven in. Her personal dresser will have helped them by already having selected what the Queen or her family had decided she would wear.
When my late husband passed away and after the GP had certified him I helped to wash him, change his pyjamas, comb his hair , close his eyes and mouth and tucked him neat and tidy in his bed so close family could sit with me and him before the funeral directors took him. My sister ironed the shirt I chose for him, my middle son polished the shoes I chose for him and i brushed down his suit and organised everything he would need to go with him to the funeral parlour. Not ghoulish, not tasteless but a labour of love for a man I was married to for 32 years and as I always did throughout our time together I wanted him to look presentable whilst we sat with him for a short while and see him for the first time in months out of pain and at peace.
This made me think of when my darling dad died....
He had been in agony for months with aggressive cancers. But when he passed, it was 1am and my mum and God Mum had been nursing him at home for weeks (they were nurses).

So they finally went up to bed to try to get some rest before the doctor came and all the hoopla began, and I wanted to be the one to stay up with dad.

He was lying there on his hospital bed in the sitting room and he just looked so peaceful - at last!
As you say, the pain had gone.

I felt so privileged to be there in the quiet with him...
My brother was also in the room but he fell asleep quite quickly. Staying awake is my super-power - sadly!

I actually took a photo of dad that night but when I told my brother he said it was morbid so I deleted it.
I told mum last week, when we talking about the Queen and she said she wished I’d kept it and she wished she’d taken some too!

I was too ill to watch much of the coverage yesterday - just saw a bit of the Windsor procession but hoping I can watch both services at some point (did watch the coffin procession last week)..

But I did keep thinking of the family having to go through all this - and it’s been relentless for them - and so publicly, although it has been spectacular.

I pray they had a special private service last night for their beloved.

I wasn’t intending to really watch, just in between doing chores, but ended up being in front of TV all day.

Princess Anne and Charles must be exhausted one being with her mothers body and the other visiting areas of Uk and then walking miles today considering they are both over 70 .

My heart went out to the pallbearers, generally but particularly on those steps to Windsor, their mothers must be bursting with pride.

I don’t think the world has or will see the like again.
I couldn’t take my eyes off the pallbearers! I didn’t realise it would be the same few men each time.
I felt for them having to do their very tough job with such precision and without appearing to strain! As you say, lifting the coffin up those steps...
Well done them!

As indeed massive well done to all of the armed forces, the police and the volunteers and just everyone involved...
They did the Queen and us all so proud!

Who has paid for the parade/policing ets etc etc?
The members of the armed forces, the police etc would have been paid whether they were taking part in the 'parade' or fulfilling their regular duties, it's not like they were hired especially for the funeral.

Maybe the police were paid for some overtime but in the great scheme of things it wouldn't be much compared to what the government wastes every day.

If I were King Charles I'd give the finances a good shake up, keeping all the income from the Crown Estates, but not taking a penny from the government, and make the Royal Family completely self financing, then I'd hire the same accountants used by Google, Starbucks and their ilk to minimise tax liabilities.

This may sound silly, but I can't help thinking what might have happened if this tragedy had happened during the height of covid and all the lockdowns and social distancing. We must remember it was only last year that we saw heartbreaking picture of the queen sitting all alone at Philip's funeral. Ok, it didn't happen and the nation was able to mourn her passing, and the queen got the splendid pageantry that she deserved, but it makes me shudder to think how different it would've been - it almost doesn't bear thinking about!

I think the queen was a gift to our country. She had her family struggles but she, more than the younger ones to come, truly believed in and embraced her destiny. We never for a second felt she was enduring her duty. The dice fell so well for us. Even to the last she got the job done. I shall really miss her but I wish Charles good luck. No more pen-gate moments would be a good start. That sort of petulance underlines what a terrific woman the queen was.

Latest posts

Back