Respect...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m actually not a big fan of Beckham or his wife, but I really have a bee in my bonnet about Holly and Philip they are not journalists or members of the press and rest assured Schofield will try and make this all about himself just like he did in COVID lock down.
Christine Hamilton tweeted this with a pic of the sanctimonious Pip, with the most ridiculous expression of feigned grief and reverence I've seen.

Is this the real #PhilipScofield ? Has he really queued for 30 hours? Has the slept out overnight? Has he endured the privations of the queue? Has he hell. What in God’s name is he doing #QueueJumping Who the hell does he think he is?
FczKVe3WYAAaQNR.jpeg

https://twitter.com/brit_battleaxe/status/1570852845263458306/photo/1

Eva Peron, they got the same man who did Lenin in for her body, he had a secret technique. The body was not stiff but postable and kept its colour. Her body was stolen and hide for many years but when it was finally returned to Argentina they said it was like she was asleep, they even washed and styled her hair.

Yes, I a ghoul. ;)

So, is the England world cup team refusing to play this world cup? No, of course they will. So their hands are just as dirty.
Not quite, they're going there to do their job and aren't actively promoting the country as a wonderful tourist destination in exchange for big bucks. Beckham is a self-regarding narcissist who puts money and publicity above all else, including morals. What he's doing is a zillion times worse than L'Occitane continuing to trade in Russia.

Eva Peron, they got the same man who did Lenin in for her body, he had a secret technique. The body was not stiff but postable and kept its colour. Her body was stolen and hide for many years but when it was finally returned to Argentina they said it was like she was asleep, they even washed and styled her hair.

Yes, I a ghoul. ;)
I've seen a pic of it in a documentary about her - it looked just like a waxwork model. The harrowing thing about Evita is that Juan Peron knew how valuable she was to his continued popularity, even in death and they began the embalming process while she was still alive, to stop the cancer ravaging her body. This meant that the embalming fluids cancelled out the drugs and she would have suffered the most excrutiating pain

No, it is true Beckham did join the queue and not jump even when he was offered. He wore an overcoat, cap and a face mask, then offered to jump the queue when recognized but said no. He does not look fresh face but tired.

England's football team just doing their job. I remember that was the excuse used by many war criminals. No, if they had any care for human rights, they would refuse to play in the country. The world cup will bring hundreds of thousands to watch the games, they will be spending money in the country.

Eva Peron was given a lobotomy to keep her calm, well, that was the excuse.

The body will have been embalmed and the coffin is lead-lined, which preserves the body for longer and prevents moisture getting in, and odours getting out. You can read about it here. Apparently her coffin has been ready for 30 years, which would explain why it's bigger than her physical stature at the time of her death.
Interesting info, Dame F.

There can be a number of weeks between someone dying and the date of their funeral which was even longer during covid shutdowns. My friend passed away in January 2021 and it took almost a month before her cremation took place. She was in the chapel of rest all that time and looked fine.
Nowadays for health and hygiene reasons most bodies have what`s called temporary preservation, in other words a form of embalming but not as in depth as the full embalming process which involves removal of internal organs etc so a body will be preserved for years. Temporary preservation involves replacing the blood with a preservative which can also include dye to make the body look less pale or ill. Usually undertakers do this as part of their services unless requested not to.
If you`ve ever organised a loved ones funeral then temporary preservation is usually listed on the bill. The full effects of it can last for around 6 weeks though (as in my late husband`s case) if the deceased has had constant doses of morphine ie through one of the black box syringes then the morphine which has built up in the internal organs can lessen the effect of the preservation in a shorter time.
The Queen`s funeral directors will have been there a short time after her death and will have dealt with everything swiftly and at Balmoral itself. Before her death was announced there were lots of vehicles passing in and out and at lots of different entrances and necessary equipment will have been driven in. Her personal dresser will have helped them by already having selected what the Queen or her family had decided she would wear.
When my late husband passed away and after the GP had certified him I helped to wash him, change his pyjamas, comb his hair , close his eyes and mouth and tucked him neat and tidy in his bed so close family could sit with me and him before the funeral directors took him. My sister ironed the shirt I chose for him, my middle son polished the shoes I chose for him and i brushed down his suit and organised everything he would need to go with him to the funeral parlour. Not ghoulish, not tasteless but a labour of love for a man I was married to for 32 years and as I always did throughout our time together I wanted him to look presentable whilst we sat with him for a short while and see him for the first time in months out of pain and at peace.

Old Pip is a total drama queen and must be centre of attention no matter what.

So, is the England world cup team refusing to play this world cup? No, of course they will. So their hands are just as dirty.

As for Captain Tom, well, his family have been suspended from the charity for paying themselves BIG money from it. I got the idea when he was alive, his daughter was wanting to be in on all TV interviews pushing the agenda and straight in when he died. Seems because of her and husband, it has dirtied the waters.
Such a shame for Captain Sir Tom's legacy, really.

Christine Hamilton tweeted this with a pic of the sanctimonious Pip, with the most ridiculous expression of feigned grief and reverence I've seen.

Is this the real #PhilipScofield ? Has he really queued for 30 hours? Has the slept out overnight? Has he endured the privations of the queue? Has he hell. What in God’s name is he doing #QueueJumping Who the hell does he think he is?
View attachment 24532
Uncanny how his eyes managed to find the camera.
He looks p***ed off, not sad.

England's football team just doing their job. I remember that was the excuse used by many war criminals. No, if they had any care for human rights, they would refuse to play in the country. The world cup will bring hundreds of thousands to watch the games, they will be spending money in the country.
The FA would need to make that decision, not the individual players who are contracted to play for them. Pre-pandemic, my employer required me to go on an annual business trip to China as part of my job. That doesn't mean I condone their regime or would recommend the country as a holiday destination. Fortunately, post-pandemic, we now have a commitment to reducing our carbon footprint which includes minimising travel unless absolutely essential, so I'm hoping to argue I can do what I do there, without the cost and environmental impact of a 10 hour flight.
Mind you Mr & Mrs Hamilton are hardly lily white themselves.
I realise that and it's not often I quote the self-annointed "battle-axe" but I can't stand Pip and Holly either.

I watched a little late last night and saw a very elderly gent (I would say at least late 80’s) and wondered how he had managed to wait so long, it seemed wrong that someone of the Queens generation had to queue whilst the MP/celebs got a free pass.
I saw a clip of an American woman being interviewed on one of the news channels and she'd flown to London from LA this week, just to see the laying in state and funeral.

I saw a clip of an American woman being interviewed on one of the news channels and she'd flown to London from LA this week, just to see the laying in state and funeral.
I saw an American family who had flown in specially, the father said he had always promised the kids that when the Queen died he would bring them to London for the funeral!

I'm foot-sore and aching in every bone and muscle.
I started queuing last night around 10pm. Finally got to pay my respects at around 9:40 am. Phew!
Very moving, and the cameras don't do the great hall justice.
Very glad I went, and when I did.
Westminster Hall is stunning isn’t it ? Those wooden hammer beams, how on earth did they carve, join and put in place such enormous pieces of oak in the centuries before powered lifting gear and technology

When interviewed he stated he felt this is meant to be a shared experience. He's right. There is no way it would have been as special without connecting with others in the queue.
Wow that was a sensible comment !

I’m up there tomorrow on my 2nd shift as a ‘floral tribute volunteer’, taking cellophane and elastic bands off bouquets before the visitors add them to the displays.
Thursday was busy but not overwhelmingly so but I can’t imagine what tomorrow will be like.

No, it is true Beckham did join the queue and not jump even when he was offered. He wore an overcoat, cap and a face mask, then offered to jump the queue when recognized but said no. He does not look fresh face but tired.

Eva Peron was given a lobotomy to keep her calm, well, that was the excuse.

I still can't see why Beckham was afforded a 2 page spread in the Daily Mail today because shock gasp he actually queued with the mortals - almost elevating him to royalty status - yep I'm a cynic, he's had so much bad press re the millions he's received that a little bit of exulted praise is just what his PR people want.

I still can't see why Beckham was afforded a 2 page spread in the Daily Mail today because shock gasp he actually queued with the mortals - almost elevating him to royalty status - yep I'm a cynic, he's had so much bad press re the millions he's received that a little bit of exulted praise is just what his PR people want.
Exactly, he will have been told to get down there pronto and while he may have been seen chattng to people at various points, he will have been issued with a wrist band, which allows him to leave the queue for an unspecified amount of time, and return to the point it's up to later... I wouldn't put anything past that self-serving narcissist who's beyond desperate to be knighted, as is Vicky so she can call herself Lady. If Chuck or Wills decide he's befitting of one because of this, then so is everyone else who's queued for hours, so they're going to have to hand out a lot of them. I hope they're taking names.

I read that the first lot of people in are now selling their wrist bands for £100. I find it hard to reconcile that with those who stood for hours to pay their respects.

Also on Ebay the newspapers the day following the death announcement are being sole for £350 - mainly to overseas buyers who want a souvenir. I've kept the Mail & Express death editions for posterity for my great nephews - who may well sell them in 2050 !!!!

Latest posts

Back