Renato Watches

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to admit to wearing leather Toril, sorry! :(
I have excruciatingly painful foot problems & struggle with most synthetic shoes, they just don't have the same amount of 'give' in them that leather does, nor do they mould to the shape of your feet in quite the same way!

I prefer leather bags too I'm afraid & also have a small collection of much-loved vintage ones but you will be (hopefully!) be at least relieved to hear that none of them are crocodile, lizard or snakeskin, I couldn't bear to buy or wear anything like that!

I cant understand why pepole get so excited over lock and lock but I wouldnt be critical or laugh at their purchases. Live and let live I say.

Aha! I can help you out there. :) I was at a shop the other day who does their own version of L&L, so I thought I might buy a couple as it was cheaper. As soon as I picked it up I put it down again.
The quality just wasn't there and it would have fallen apart very quickly.
Same thing with watches really.

The mens watches would surely only appeal to hip-hop stars and pimps.

And the women's pink jobbies to Paris Hilton and Jordan.

A shame really, because if the diamonds really are VS and G-H as the presenter claimed, that's Tiffany quality. And it would have been nice to have that standard of gemstone and workmanship in something a bit more classic and wearable.

The mens watches would surely only appeal to hip-hop stars and pimps.

And the women's pink jobbies to Paris Hilton and Jordan.

A shame really, because if the diamonds really are VS and G-H as the presenter claimed, that's Tiffany quality. And it would have been nice to have that standard of gemstone and workmanship in something a bit more classic and wearable.

In that article I posted earlier the diamonds were the problem. Apparently the guy who wrote it bought one, and because he's trained in that field, sent it back because they weren't the grade claimed.

I know what you mean about pimps and hip-hop stars lol!

I have to admit to wearing leather Toril, sorry! :(
I have excruciatingly painful foot problems & struggle with most synthetic shoes, they just don't have the same amount of 'give' in them that leather does, nor do they mould to the shape of your feet in quite the same way!

I prefer leather bags too I'm afraid & also have a small collection of much-loved vintage ones but you will be (hopefully!) be at least relieved to hear that none of them are crocodile, lizard or snakeskin, I couldn't bear to buy or wear anything like that!

Maybe I didn't explain what I meant properly and I'm probably going to sound like a hypocrite now because I don't have a problem with people wearing leather (I wear it myself.) I also eat meat, but I suppose I rationalise it all by assuming (probably wrongly) that the leather I wear is a bi-product of the animal that has just been eaten. It's just that some reptiles are farmed and are then culled purely for their skins and that's the part I find 'an issue.'

It's for that same reason that I will not wear fur if the animal has been killed purely to provide a coat for a human.

Toril - I couldn't agree with you more & it is for exactly the reasons you state that I wouldn't buy (new or vintage) reptile leather!

I love meat (though I refuse to eat veal on principle!) & I always buy genuine free-range eggs & chicken etc.! Like you, I don't think that makes me a hypocrite!
I respect the wishes of those who are vegetarian/vegan but I have no desire to become either myself!

Everyone must do whatever feels right for them but there can surely be no justification for anybody to wear/use products that involve cruel or unnecessarily unnatural/restrictive/no quality of life farming methods &/or cruel/wasteful slaughter!

Aha! I can help you out there. :) I was at a shop the other day who does their own version of L&L, so I thought I might buy a couple as it was cheaper. As soon as I picked it up I put it down again.
The quality just wasn't there and it would have fallen apart very quickly.
Same thing with watches really.

Sorry but I just dont get the excitment over ANY little plastic boxes. Personally, I own 2 neither of which I bought and as I hate cooking, there is never enough microwave left overs to either keep or worth keeping. I dont craft, so no bit and bobs to store and the few "storage" boxes I own I got from IKEA.

but hey, high 5's to the plastic tub brigade :9:

In that article I posted earlier the diamonds were the problem. Apparently the guy who wrote it bought one, and because he's trained in that field, sent it back because they weren't the grade claimed.

I know what you mean about pimps and hip-hop stars lol!

I must admit, I didn't read the article, but if that's true, that's very naughty of QVC, or whoever makes the claim - that sort of significant misrepresentation can get you taken off the air.....

Sorry but I just dont get the excitment over ANY little plastic boxes. Personally, I own 2 neither of which I bought and as I hate cooking, there is never enough microwave left overs to either keep or worth keeping. I dont craft, so no bit and bobs to store and the few "storage" boxes I own I got from IKEA.

but hey, high 5's to the plastic tub brigade :9:

You can mock, but you haven't lived til you've kept your cucumber sog-free for a week! Pah!

#29 Sog-free cucumbers? So they do really, honestly, actually work then?

They really do. I thought it was all piffle at first but I wouldn't use anything else now cos they're so good. They're brilliant for bagged salad as well. Saves you a bomb in food.

Latest posts

Back