Renato Watches

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I will ask the same question as I asked with the overpriced handbags last night. Who on earth is buying this stuff?

Loveheart, it's a mystery, that's for sure. Too much to spend on a "treat" for yourself, IMO and if I had that much to spend on a pressie, I don't think I'd be going for Renato, or any of the other so called "designers" on QVC.

'Overpriced tat with sparkly bits!' That one!
I likes the easy questions - go on, ask me a difficult one now! :30:

Seriously though, they are, in a word, revolting! They might (& I emphasise the word 'might') appeal to teenagers (the pink one for example) but not at those prices obviously!
I could go to Next & get a classier looking watch for less than 50 quid I reckon! No diamonds obviously but in those cheap settings, I doubt anyone would presume they were real diamonds anyway!

i will admit the quality of the diamonds is very high in these

That may be so SCW but the quality of the diamonds would be equally high if one took them out of the watch & dropped them into a dog t*rd on the pavement - this would however, not make me wish to pick up said dog t*rd & wear it as a piece of jewellery! :52:

Prestige designer watches worth about £300 or overpriced tat with sparkly bits? Discuss:33:

Ostentatious,greasy, smarmy and the watches he was showing were just as bad.
That bloke couldn't sell me anything and as awful as those watches were ,I possibly might have been more tempted to simply watch the hour if somebody else was presenting.The fact that that guy was the host made me turn over.Had a quick look at that gaudy tat and swtitched off.Can't stomach him.

That may be so SCW but the quality of the diamonds would be equally high if one took them out of the watch & dropped them into a dog t*rd on the pavement - this would however, not make me wish to pick up said dog t*rd & wear it as a piece of jewellery! :52:

No but Ian would :D

Prestige designer watches worth about £300 or overpriced tat with sparkly bits? Discuss:33:

Well I must be on a different planet then cos I really liked one of the watches, although I dont happen to have £700+ lying around unused right now plus I dont really fancy a dead croc or lizard on my wrist.

Things are never over or under priced in my opinion. They are worth the money WE pay or NOT for them. I recently bought a KVZ bag for over £100+ and think its worth the money Firstly cos its NOT leather and secondly cos I know that its going to get a lot of use. oh and 3rdly, cos its my money and I do can do whatever I want with it :46:

...plus I dont really fancy a dead croc or lizard on my wrist.

I did think one of my girls would particularly like the pink one (not that she has 5oo quid to spend on a watch anyway!) but then realised the strap was alligator skin which would have horrified her & she wouldn't take something like that even as a gift!

Things are never over or under priced in my opinion. They are worth the money WE pay or NOT for them.

Very true! My own watch cost considerably more than any of those but I guess many folk would think it boring in style, being just a hunk of stainless steel interlaced with 18ct gold & an 18ct gold face!
No diamonds, no bling of any kind, very plain really but I loved it when I first saw it & I love it now! I've never regretted what it cost me even if some might find it rather 'dull'!

Very true! My own watch cost considerably more than any of those but I guess many folk would think it boring in style, being just a hunk of stainless steel interlaced with 18ct gold & an 18ct gold face!
No diamonds, no bling of any kind, very plain really but I loved it when I first saw it & I love it now! I've never regretted what it cost me even if some might find it rather 'dull'!

Very true. If you like it and it costs a tenner or a million pounds it doesnt matter if YOU like it. I hate it when people here are critical of what other people buy whether its Kim & co or Kipling or whatever. I cant understand why pepole get so excited over lock and lock but I wouldnt be critical or laugh at their purchases. Live and let live I say.

Good for you, Kitten with Claws, if it makes you happy, then it was value for money. The thing that concerns me about items being overpriced is when people make a product and then think that by putting a name on it, they can make it appear more "desirable" and charge considerably more for it than they otherwise could have.

As a moderator on a large reptile forum, and having owned a beautiful free-roaming iguana, the fact that they used crocodile and lizard skin for some of the straps was a complete 'switch off' moment for me, even if I had wanted one of those watches. When you can get believable fake skins and leathers, why they feel the need to encourage people to put real 'skin' round their wrist makes no sense to me at all. It's like Basso for the arm. :(

Latest posts

Back