Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another TJC ruse to ‘encourage’ you to buy is stating only an on air price and tomorrows price will be substantially higher … which of course in reality doesn’t happen ! Also jewellery misleading or missing despatch dates … and please let Nitesh stay in the offices and not on screen - he really is off putting IMHO - grumble over 😆
Sometimes and possibly more with jewellery. But I have seen cases with homeware where it was on offer for £19.99 and did go back up to £29.99 on the website for the next week or two, only to come back down to £19.99 from thereon.

Good info, thanks @Craftalot 👍
No problem :) I've just gone back to the report, as my figures don't actually add up. In fact, the administrators have written off a further £293k of flexi-payments as 'uncollectable' and not referred these to Moorcroft, though they don't specifically say this, and you have to do the maths. That's 13% which is uncollectable, and a further 10% which is delinquent and referred to Moorcroft - nearly a quarter of the ledger. Despite the lack of affordability checks or any credit referencing for flexi-pay, 25% delinquent, defaulted or written-off is pretty terrible for the unregulated BNPL credit market, when you consider a company like Klarna has a global default rate of about 0.8%. This very much speaks to the sort of customer IW was attracting, and the lack of oversight or credit risk management taken with regards to the flexipay ledger.

Sometimes and possibly more with jewellery. But I have seen cases with homeware where it was on offer for £19.99 and did go back up to £29.99 on the website for the next week or two, only to come back down to £19.99 from thereon.
I’ve noticed that items creep up when they are offering a site wide discount. Then a few days later they are priced with a different discount. It’s all a bit shady…

What does he mean by James Bond watch
Omega made a seamaster for the Bond anniversary with a milanese strap. So far away from this crap you wouldn't believe it 😁
1000002605.jpg

Latest posts

Back