Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't even find the obvious bullsh1t they spout funny. It's utterly disgraceful, trying to suggest a cheap piece of cr*p is actually worth hundreds if not thousands. They make barrow boys and the funfair sellers of years gone by look like saints!

To be honest, I hope the likes of TJC, Gemporia and Shop (PAY) Extra fold ... they deserve to.

I don't even find the obvious bullsh1t they spout funny. It's utterly disgraceful, trying to suggest a cheap piece of cr*p is actually worth hundreds if not thousands. They make barrow boys and the funfair sellers of years gone by look like saints!

To be honest, I hope the likes of TJC, Gemporia and Shop (PAY) Extra fold ... they deserve to.

I found it funny too start with because, it was hosted by a pair of buffoons, it was like some ridiculous pantomime sketch done by **** actors, with outright lies and outrageous claims, but of course that amusement turns too annoyance as the shows wear on.

Within the opening monologue from Peter we were told (trying to remember so much was spouted)

The original Gamages were watchmakers - Nope, may have sold watches, as a lot of department stores did, but certainly weren't a watchmaker.

First came across the present Gamages watches 30 years ago - I must be missing some years, 2018 was 30 years ago. :eek:

Gamages store was originally in Holborn, new Gamages is back in Holburn - Nope, they're in Finchley.

Fields are 4th generation watchmakers - I call bullshit on that one, being retailer/wholesaler of watches doesn't make you a watchmaker.

100% agree with the bolded part, I've been looking at TJC and of Shop Extra (which is just IW 3) since IW closed again and have to say they are every bit as bad as the late IW, the amount of nonsense and outrageous claims is staggering, totally confused as to how they get away with it, they're akin to fraudsters/scammers for me.
I'm also bemused at how some presenters get a pass on here while others are rightfully castigated, sorry but they are ALL at it every last one of them, some may have a more pleasant manner but they are still all spouting crap/bullshit for the shyster selly telly channels, as I've said before there are no innocents on these channels either in front of the cameras or those behind the cameras, ie the management/producers/buyers etc.

It's about time OFCOM did it's job and regulate these selly telly channels properly, if not then hopefully they will fold.

Okay that's enough for now, away to rest my brain with a nice walk along the beach. :)

I found it funny too start with because, it was hosted by a pair of buffoons, it was like some ridiculous pantomime sketch done by **** actors, with outright lies and outrageous claims, but of course that amusement turns too annoyance as the shows wear on.

Within the opening monologue from Peter we were told (trying to remember so much was spouted)

The original Gamages were watchmakers - Nope, may have sold watches, as a lot of department stores did, but certainly weren't a watchmaker.

First came across the present Gamages watches 30 years ago - I must be missing some years, 2018 was 30 years ago. :eek:

Gamages store was originally in Holborn, new Gamages is back in Holburn - Nope, they're in Finchley.

Fields are 4th generation watchmakers - I call bullshit on that one, being retailer/wholesaler of watches doesn't make you a watchmaker.

100% agree with the bolded part, I've been looking at TJC and of Shop Extra (which is just IW 3) since IW closed again and have to say they are every bit as bad as the late IW, the amount of nonsense and outrageous claims is staggering, totally confused as to how they get away with it, they're akin to fraudsters/scammers for me.
I'm also bemused at how some presenters get a pass on here while others are rightfully castigated, sorry but they are ALL at it every last one of them, some may have a more pleasant manner but they are still all spouting crap/bullshit for the shyster selly telly channels, as I've said before there are no innocents on these channels either in front of the cameras or those behind the cameras, ie the management/producers/buyers etc.

It's about time OFCOM did it's job and regulate these selly telly channels properly, if not then hopefully they will fold.

Okay that's enough for now, away to rest my brain with a nice walk along the beach. :)
It should happen but will it? I'm tired of being thought of as an idiot just to get my money.

Oh btw bit off topic, but beach pics from yesterdays walk, we go from one end of beach to the other and back, so brain well and truly cleared. :ROFLMAO:

First is looking North , Cartoos, great for burger & beer, then looking South and harbour entrance.

IMG_20230917_102636.jpgIMG_20230917_102658.jpgIMG_20230917_102716.jpg

It should happen but will it? I'm tired of being thought of as an idiot just to get my money.
It will sooner or later: shopping telly really can't compete against the internet. And the numbers of people terrified of going, or are unable to get, online is rapidly decreasing with each passing year as naysayers either die off, or have finally realised that it's not a fad, is now an integral part of everyday life and have jumped onboard with it.

QVC might stagger on for a bit longer than the rest, but its days are definitely numbered, too. They're going to struggle as its dedicated customer base dies off. No young woman is going to even think about shopping with them, with their outdated image, mostly unfashionable and vastly overpriced clothing ranges, and the added ££££ for getting multiple items shipped to you.

It will sooner or later: shopping telly really can't compete against the internet. And the numbers of people terrified of going, or are unable to get, online is rapidly decreasing with each passing year as naysayers either die off, or have finally realised that it's not a fad, is now an integral part of everyday life and have jumped onboard with it.

QVC might stagger on for a bit longer than the rest, but its days are definitely numbered, too. They're going to struggle as its dedicated customer base dies off. No young woman is going to even think about shopping with them, with their outdated image, mostly unfashionable and vastly overpriced clothing ranges, and the added ££££ for getting multiple items shipped to you.
Spot on!

Oh btw bit off topic, but beach pics from yesterdays walk, we go from one end of beach to the other and back, so brain well and truly cleared. :ROFLMAO:

First is looking North , Cartoos, great for burger & beer, then looking South and harbour entrance.

View attachment 26534View attachment 26535View attachment 26536
Aberdeen?
looks really lovely. Bracing, but lovely.

sorry - just seen you confirmed this.
but it looks really nice. I like my walks to blow the cobwebs away.

I bought something from TJC. A desktop water fountain thing. It's cute. Probably won't last for years but not bad for £8.99 all-in (first order so free p+p) - i spent more than that on two coffees at the weekend. It does appear to be an item that has been previously opened and used (possibly returned?) then repackaged and sent out - is that normal for TJC?

I’ve received several items that have clearly been customer returns 🤦‍♂️
I usually buy silver from TJC but uninspired by yesterdays offering - a non event for me and many non silver items - then to put me off Nitesh was ‘presenting’ and his faux saying the wrong price on a item …
Awaiting refunds for several items (including a wrong item sent) they arrived yesterday so fingers crossed (and to get my postage refund as promised for wrong item 🤞)

Just occurred to me: One way to address this would be to get BBC Watchdog on the case. They're great at picking the worst examples and flogging it to death with a dead horse. I can just see the montages and cutaways and the sad Susan speaking from her conservatory extension about how she bought a £129 watch after being reassured by the nice man on TJC and put it on her insurance, only to find it wasn't worth £50.

Midnight end Tue. Just been watching last few minutes of a Gamages watch slot (end of 2 hours) with PeterS and a female co-host (still all £99, not gone up yet and not sold out?!) , before they moved onto a £15 hand grabber thing for the dextrous mobility impaired, before then moving onto GX pillows.

He looked pathetic, talking gibberish with his co-host, and seemed to be a waste of space and adding little to no value.

My first thought was, what do they need him for? The other one was doing the talking, and the selling and he was going on long-winded anecdotes and not saying or adding much beyond his usual oohs and ahhs and "just get this".

He's actually starting to look old.
He's just mentioned he's got a dog, whilst selling a large throw blanket. Just needs the pipe and slippers.

Maybe the mortgage and high interest rates on his pile still needs paying off...

Hint to TJC: get rid. You're risking alienating previously loyal TJC fans.

P.S. the girl (sorry no name?) can't stop talking and is overshadowing him and he can't get a word in and is reduced to saying yes, uh huh, and agreeing with her. His go-to phrase is "go get this". Sad. Very sad.

Latest posts

Back