Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was I still hallucinating from drink and drugs the night before, or did I dream up a tall plastic and rather cheap and nasty looking fan with Handy Odgeson and the singer from Fairport Convention this morning, with a price of £399 shown? It could well have been £39.00 and instead of Specsavers I'd walked into the greengrocers by mistake... Surely it wasn't? Hodgson was coming out with words to the effect it was the "best fan ever" or some other old cobblers, while Judy Tzuke sat there going into far too much detail about her night sweats.Eeew..I had to go out and walk a Irish Terrier at that point and didn't see if £399.00 was the final price or was it 39p?

Fair to say Annie does not seem a natural fit at the moment with Andy but I am sure they have hired her more for the beauty channel side than the main

One thing you can say about TJC is that as a presenter you need to be pretty versatile as the difference in a show with Andy to say Nitesh is massive you then have a variation on that with someone like Tony and then occasionally on your own

Certainly changed my opinion on Caroline who back in the bid tv days was not somebody i could watch, she was ok on her own but certainly with Andy and Natalia (which surprised me) very good combination and flow

Was I still hallucinating from drink and drugs the night before, or did I dream up a tall plastic and rather cheap and nasty looking fan with Handy Odgeson and the singer from Fairport Convention this morning, with a price of £399 shown? It could well have been £39.00 and instead of Specsavers I'd walked into the greengrocers by mistake... Surely it wasn't? Hodgson was coming out with words to the effect it was the "best fan ever" or some other old cobblers, while Judy Tzuke sat there going into far too much detail about her night sweats.Eeew..I had to go out and walk an Irish Terrier at that point and didn't see if £399.00 was the final price or was it 39p?
Judy Tzuke 🤣 I hadn’t realised that Anne had decamped from Primal Living. I remember Steve doing a show with her and she appeared to be wearing Adam Ants old jacket. So does that leave Professor Poppy and Mr Angeline Davies to flog all those Vitamins on their own?

Another TJC ruse to ‘encourage’ you to buy is stating only an on air price and tomorrows price will be substantially higher … which of course in reality doesn’t happen ! Also jewellery misleading or missing despatch dates … and please let Nitesh stay in the offices and not on screen - he really is off putting IMHO - grumble over 😆

Another TJC ruse to ‘encourage’ you to buy is stating only an on air price and tomorrows price will be substantially higher … which of course in reality doesn’t happen ! Also jewellery misleading or missing despatch dates … and please let Nitesh stay in the offices and not on screen - he really is off putting IMHO - grumble over 😆
Nitesh makes me change channel as soon as I see him onscreen. I wish TJC would put him on with Chloe, or Salleh Jacks. WWIII would erupt as everyone tries to talk the most bullsh... Stuff as loudly as possible.

Anshu used to be unbearable, but he's funny and chilled with Cris. I guess it depends on the pairing.

Though I can't see anyone looking great if paired with Dirty Peter.

Nitesh makes me change channel as soon as I see him onscreen. I wish TJC would put him on with Chloe, or Salleh Jacks. WWIII would erupt as everyone tries to talk the most bullsh... Stuff as loudly as possible.

Anshu used to be unbearable, but he's funny and chilled with Cris. I guess it depends on the pairing.

Though I can't see anyone looking great if paired with Dirty Peter.
You are so right.

Watched a bit of Jenny & Andy on Monday night - seems they were a late presenter replacement - subtely remarked about hours (reduction?) again Chris & Andy yesterday afternoon making same remarks ? Caught a bit of Sally & Andrew this morning - she totally dominated and he looked a tad bored …

Chloe and Mark (may) as ever be the exception but even they may have to mold and actually work with other presenters at the same time shortly (I appreciate Chloe does on occasion let a select few join the show)

I actually feel a bit for Andrew, Lianna, and Rob They have worked hard to get that 2 a.m. slot actually doing decent sales (for that time) and now they seem to be the training school slot for every one new

Never thought I would see Vicki Browne on the 6am slot but she was today a case of take what shift you can at the moment for the majority of the established presenters

One thing which is annoying me at present and is certainly being said A LOT more by every presenter is

"Get this for £6 on the first budget pay" Not in terms of an ASA breach as they are all pretty good about saying the first of 2 or 3 payments but more if someone can't afford a £19.99 today they can't afford a £6 today in reality

It is a sign of the economic times but constantly hawking buy now pay later on items totalling £20 or sometimes a bit less doesn't sit right with me

From a business point of view they must be generating a fair % of bad debt with these smaller budget pays though I am sure that is all factored into the calculations

One thing which is annoying me at present and is certainly being said A LOT more by every presenter is

"Get this for £6 on the first budget pay" Not in terms of an ASA breach as they are all pretty good about saying the first of 2 or 3 payments but more if someone can't afford a £19.99 today they can't afford a £6 today in reality

It is a sign of the economic times but constantly hawking buy now pay later on items totalling £20 or sometimes a bit less doesn't sit right with me

From a business point of view they must be generating a fair % of bad debt with these smaller budget pays though I am sure that is all factored into the calculations
Wonder how many of those Can't Pay, Won't Pay, high court enforcement sheriff and bailiffs fly-on-the-wall type documentaries are related to reclaiming unpaid budget pay, flexi-pay deals.

I had those issues a few years ago, not as far as a baliff, but it is so easy to buy buy buy, and then not have the funds, and when you receive letters, you hide things so to try and forget, Now it’s once in a very blue moon, I bought a phone on payments through Amazon, but anyway else I’m so black listed , I’m now debt free though

But TJC, Shop Extra, C&C couldnt give a damn

Watched a bit of Jenny & Andy on Monday night - seems they were a late presenter replacement - subtely remarked about hours (reduction?) again Chris & Andy yesterday afternoon making same remarks ? Caught a bit of Sally & Andrew this morning - she totally dominated and he looked a tad bored …
She is always going to do that!

Chloe and Mark (may) as ever be the exception but even they may have to mold and actually work with other presenters at the same time shortly (I appreciate Chloe does on occasion let a select few join the show)

I actually feel a bit for Andrew, Lianna, and Rob They have worked hard to get that 2 a.m. slot actually doing decent sales (for that time) and now they seem to be the training school slot for every one new

Never thought I would see Vicki Browne on the 6am slot but she was today a case of take what shift you can at the moment for the majority of the established presenters
I bet if they have to, it will only be with the original presenters and not the newbies! I couldn't stand to work with them, it comes across as cheap and shoddy! I have no idea why they were hired as the saying goes if it's not broke don't fix it! Already I am watching less and less my bank account is happy. Just thinking though it would make for great viewing!!

Mark is currently on flogging a 34+ carat ruby bracelet. Yet again he's pulling the "Oh noes!!!1! We've made a MASSIVE pricing error! What a palaver!!!!" sales ruse

Amusingly, he's had a pop at Doubting Thomases (like me!), who see this as a dodgy and overused sales ploy. He's just given a really convoluted story to support this being a mistake.

What he hasn't said is why the sale hasn't been pulled if the price is badly wrong. Which most people have seen TJC do in the past.

Unfortunately, he hasn't done a fake prima donna strop over the low, LOW price. But you can't have everything, I guess.

😁

Oh, and also Mark: "I don't care how big it is: if it doesn't pleasure me, then I don't want it!!"

Fancy!

😏

Wonder how many of those Can't Pay, Won't Pay, high court enforcement sheriff and bailiffs fly-on-the-wall type documentaries are related to reclaiming unpaid budget pay, flexi-pay deals.
Bit off topic, but from an Ideal World perspective, I was surprised by just how much of the flexi pay ledger they collect, and actually how little bad debt there is. From the recent administrators' report filed at CH, at the point the administrators were called in, Ideal World had an outstanding flexi-pay ledger of about £2.12million. You might have supposed that a lot of people would take the chance of just stopping their payments at that point, but no: since the administration, £1,447,507 has been repaid. This leaves just £379,248 outstanding. IW used Moorcroft Debt Recovery for delinquent debt: they were already recovering about £150,000 at the point of administration. Regarding the outstanding ledger, the administrators have passed over about £230k of the £380k left to Moorcroft to collect, so about 10% of the ledger went delinquent.

Bit off topic, but from an Ideal World perspective, I was surprised by just how much of the flexi pay ledger they collect, and actually how little bad debt there is. From the recent administrators' report filed at CH, at the point the administrators were called in, Ideal World had an outstanding flexi-pay ledger of about £2.12million. You might have supposed that a lot of people would take the chance of just stopping their payments at that point, but no: since the administration, £1,447,507 has been repaid. This leaves just £379,248 outstanding. IW used Moorcroft Debt Recovery for delinquent debt: they were already recovering about £150,000 at the point of administration. Regarding the outstanding ledger, the administrators have passed over about £230k of the £380k left to Moorcroft to collect, so about 10% of the ledger went delinquent.
Good info, thanks @Craftalot 👍

Latest posts

Back