Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Probably, but the thing is the only people that get done are the folks that are stupid enough to engage with the TVL folk (Capita Goons) that come to your door because the property isn't licenced, in their mind every house SHOULD have a licence, they either end up confessing or dropping themselves in it by saying too much, unless they have a search warrant which is very, very rare they've no legal authority, so don't say anything and just shut the door.

Yeah, you need a licence for anything live, doesn't matter where the source comes from, but you don't need it for catch up or services like Netflix, Disney etc. Where it becomes murky and why i say don't engage with TVL (cause they'll treat you as guilty until you prove yourself innocent) is because with some services like Prime, Now TV etc where they have both live and on demand programs, if you don't use the live programs then you don't need a licence but as i say try proving to TVL you don't use it is nigh impossible, so best not to engage with TVL at all, just ignore them.

BTW i'm not advocating folks should watch live TV without a licence, just saying that if anybody only watches catch up and doesn't need a licence, but gets a visit from TVL, don't engage with them, just say no thanks and shut the door.
The 'new' TVL online rules seem a bit onerous to me.

Fair enough, to cope with the advent of live Internet/streaming technologies of watching tv, to raise money for BBC by charging for online BBC and live streaming of the terrestrial and satellite channels. Although I would argue it should only be for BBC and C4 public broadcast funded services. Or possibly for the main Public Services (i.e. BBC/ITV/C4/C5).

But to say you need a TVL for any live tv web streaming service, and satellite, from any part of the world seems a bit OTT.

The wasted money annoys me too.
It really 'grinds my gears' when the news TV has an OB unit and reporter stood outside a location (e.g. British Museum, Government department, house on road) at 10pm at night when there is no possible way that anything more is happening and no new information available, nothing to happen, no Press Officer or release from there. The cost!!!

The same reporter could be sat in the studio relating exactly the same info they had gained earlier in the day or days preceding. Arrrgghhh.

Last edited:
What is andy hodgson thinking off? Talk about look after your pals. I give TJC 18 months before it joins ideal world in liquidation. It’s the current presenters I feel for. Joanne joining was bad enough but those pair. Seriously
Somehow, I haven’t quite forgiven Andy for joining Auction World (I think he was in charge of presentation or something similar). Anyhow, his nice guy persona really jarred with the total shambles and chicanery that the channel indulged in. And I never really saw him in the same way since 😢

Plenty of ex-Bid staff ended up at QVC and that hasn't collapsed
They did. But they then had to work to QVCs rulebook, which I’d guess is a bit stricter than Sit-Up, and for that matter, IW at the end.
But I also take your point. It’s a sales job, and those who got good sales without lying or dissembling do, definitely, deserve jobs elsewhere.
But some of those watch shows on IW especially….I find it hard to accept that they didn’t know the quality of what they were selling. It was typical to see watches imported from China at a cost of £30 sold on for £300 plus. And sold as heirlooms to be specially insured. Now to my mind, that’s not sales technique, it’s misrepresentation.

Somehow, I haven’t quite forgiven Andy for joining Auction World (I think he was in charge of presentation or something similar). Anyhow, his nice guy persona really jarred with the total shambles and chicanery that the channel indulged in. And I never really saw him in the same way since 😢
I don't believe he is a nice guy, quite the opposite I think. However he is a good sales man. Which as good sales people believe, gives them the right to have diva qualities. As we know there are quite a few of them about.

I recently purchased a couple of skin products from TJC and was quite prepared to pay their silly p&p for separate items, What I didn’t expect was to receive 1 parcel containing both items and being charged 2 p&p!

A grasping, greedy company …

I recently purchased a couple of skin products from TJC and was quite prepared to pay their silly p&p for separate items, What I didn’t expect was to receive 1 parcel containing both items and being charged 2 p&p!

A grasping, greedy company …
That’s really not on. Even eBay sellers are (mostly) better than that!

Peter Simon is joining the cast of shysters.

As I said on the thread Graham started about this:

The only response I have is: do the owners of TJC want to kill the company?

Who in their right mind would look at the likes of Sally Jacks and Peter Simon, who have helped to run TWO shopping telly companies so far into the ground they imploded, and say "Yep, we definitely need to sign them up!"

Not to mention taking on Genevieve Something Unpronounceable, a woman who comes a very close second to the aforementioned Ms Jacks in the category of "Loudest Screecher of Inane B*ll*cks on Live TV".

Is this some kind of fraud attempt by the owners to get out of paying their suppliers? It makes zero sense

Peter Simon 🤦‍♂️ If the ex IW mob are joining TJC I wonder if any existing presenters are leaving ?
After some more good customer service experience - quick deliveries,discounts and free p&p just received wrong jewellery item - instead of a silver Spiga chain £60 received a tiny silver tone chain (item is now out of stock !) Online chat was replied to but received a quick email response but as it wasn’t the registered email address they couldn’t assist further - will attempt again Monday

Peter Simon 🤦‍♂️ If the ex IW mob are joining TJC I wonder if any existing presenters are leaving ?
After some more good customer service experience - quick deliveries,discounts and free p&p just received wrong jewellery item - instead of a silver Spiga chain £60 received a tiny silver tone chain (item is now out of stock !) Online chat was replied to but received a quick email response but as it wasn’t the registered email address they couldn’t assist further - will attempt again Monday
I did wonder how they were going to use these extra presenters. Have they got another channel? It will be like a version of ideal world with all these presenters. I also wonder how the existing team feel about this surely it can't be happening. It really would be a shame after pulling themselves up from being a really bad company to doing well. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

I see that Annie Connolly, who used to be a Primal Living guest on Gemporia, is now a fitness presenter on TJC.

I wonder if the channel is moving away from 4 hour presenter shifts to 1 hour ones? That may explain all the presenters

tjc shopping tv parody from next Wednesday!
Will be a hoot but not for the viewers/customers check out your basket,and Thursday screech shouting at your tv screen earplugs at the ready.
If rattan appears these two are experts🤣

If I remember correctly, didn’t Steve Bennett want to step away from it all then returned due to mismanagement by a relative? perhaps this is another way to run everything down …

tjc shopping tv parody from next Wednesday!
Will be a hoot but not for the viewers/customers check out your basket,and Thursday screech shouting at your tv screen earplugs at the ready.
If rattan appears these two are experts🤣
I can't bear the thought, but will try and watch to see how it goes. I think my long time custom with TJC could hit the deck!

Just had an email advising the next Megaday is this Wed 6th September.

So if you're looking for something at a bargain and free p&p hopefully...

1693751761443.png

Just a reminder to confirm it is megaday on TJC today, Wed 6th Sep. Free p&p on all items.
Just ordered some discount plant food. 1.5kg box with free p&p is not bad!

Think PeterS was on last night with Luna led slimming belt. And later too perhaps.

Latest posts

Back