Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good grief, now Gollum is revealing his goddess had athletes foot. What's the next thing he's going to tell us about her, that she bites her toenails? And he then tells us what women do when 'they' bath. They? He is, without a shadow of doubt, an absolute tosser. I honestly don't think he has even a modicum of self awareness.

I imagine she looks at her toe and thinks to herself, well at least one annoying thing in my life has hair ...

PJ

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

I imagine she looks at her toe and thinks to herself, well at least one annoying thing in my life has hair ...

PJ

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

And all the while lamenting that she can't also send that annoyance away for 4 days a week :mysmilie_59:

The other day whilst selling hot water bottles Neil Russell told us that his wife uses a hot water bottle every night-she pops it in the bed then cleans her teeth and when she gets in the bed is as warm as toast.
Not content with this load of preposterous tosh he went on to say that she also uses them for menstrual cramps.
It's not easy flogging downmarket rubbish on telly-you have to come up with a story for each item, preferably a personalised anecdote to illustrate the benefits of each product.
Neil uses his wife and Mike uses the Slash Goddess as stooges for these tales whilst Peter Simon uses the mythical Bet and Maude. Another classic was when Andrea was selling industrial knee pads of all things she made up a story about her sister getting sore knees from playing on the floor with her young children and the doctor advising the sister to wear knee pads.
For me these stories are one of the most entertaining things about Bid.
I often think about what I might say if I had to present some of the more bizarre products that the presenters get dumped on them.
It's interesting how the presenters have adapted to having to flog all the rubbish ornaments and mickey mouse products that now predominate. They used to appear quite uncomfortable with some of them but now they are able to say 'I love this-I think it's really charming!' without flinching.
It's actually quite a tough job keeping up the façade at top gear for those long shifts.
I expect that when they read this forum they think 'I would like to see any of that lot try and do what we do.'

The other day whilst selling hot water bottles Neil Russell told us that his wife uses a hot water bottle every night-she pops it in the bed then cleans her teeth and when she gets in the bed is as warm as toast.
Not content with this load of preposterous tosh he went on to say that she also uses them for menstrual cramps.
It's not easy flogging downmarket rubbish on telly-you have to come up with a story for each item, preferably a personalised anecdote to illustrate the benefits of each product.
Neil uses his wife and Mike uses the Slash Goddess as stooges for these tales whilst Peter Simon uses the mythical Bet and Maude. Another classic was when Andrea was selling industrial knee pads of all things she made up a story about her sister getting sore knees from playing on the floor with her young children and the doctor advising the sister to wear knee pads.
For me these stories are one of the most entertaining things about Bid.
I often think about what I might say if I had to present some of the more bizarre products that the presenters get dumped on them.
It's interesting how the presenters have adapted to having to flog all the rubbish ornaments and mickey mouse products that now predominate. They used to appear quite uncomfortable with some of them but now they are able to say 'I love this-I think it's really charming!' without flinching.
It's actually quite a tough job keeping up the façade at top gear for those long shifts.
I expect that when they read this forum they think 'I would like to see any of that lot try and do what we do.'

And they'd be right, it takes a certain person to that job.

And then there's those particular presenters who elevate the job to another level. I suspect for them bullshitting comes naturally, I doubt they learned those techniques at Sit-Up.

Hmm, yes, Slimy Shaun, who incidentally isn't their tech expert, he is the imedia company man who 'invents' these things, he is somewhat 70's salesman. He came on screen the other day wearing a shiny silver suit with clashing shirt and even more clashing tie, was a sight to be reckoned with :( It sounds horrible, but he's cheap, his products are cheap and nasty, but then, pretty much EVERYTHING on bid is cheap and nasty nowadays, I think that does sum them up. I'm sitting here trying to think of a single thing I don't think is cheap and nasty, (5 minutes elapses) nope, really, everything is nasty nasty nasty stuff. The hot water bottles they are pushing at the moment, Andrea was showing one and there was some thread from the inner clearly visable, even the team who prep the products obviously don't give a shite :(

Yes the old Goddess is a great "element" to use as a selling tool......... I can't wait for the battery powered neck massager....

" my wife slash goddess has a massager like this... BUT guys... she ALSO uses it on other areas of her body...hey hey (wink wink).... look guys if you work away a lot, work late shifts, feel tried at bedtime, stressed, lost your worry angles.... hey hey (wink wink) this could be a great marriage saver...obviously results vary....." :mysmilie_14:... " i only have 69 of theses left...."

Hmm, yes, Slimy Shaun, who incidentally isn't their tech expert, he is the imedia company man who 'invents' these things, he is somewhat 70's salesman. He came on screen the other day wearing a shiny silver suit with clashing shirt and even more clashing tie, was a sight to be reckoned with :( It sounds horrible, but he's cheap, his products are cheap and nasty, but then, pretty much EVERYTHING on bid is cheap and nasty nowadays, I think that does sum them up. I'm sitting here trying to think of a single thing I don't think is cheap and nasty, (5 minutes elapses) nope, really, everything is nasty nasty nasty stuff. The hot water bottles they are pushing at the moment, Andrea was showing one and there was some thread from the inner clearly visable, even the team who prep the products obviously don't give a shite :(

For a really elegant product please look no further than Peter Sherlock's 'Divine Decadence Viva La Diva'.

The name, the packaging and the stunning bottle simply oozes class and sophistication. And as for the fragrance? I think you'll be stunned.

viva.JPG

Message to Cheesecake regarding their rubbish stock. Do you mean you don't like their lovely ornaments or their shiny polyester tops "that feel like silk"? I'm shocked at your lack of appreciation.
PS - the above comment may be irony, and may not represent the author's true opinion.

As many of you know, I buy far too much from these channels - Some purchases have been good I hasten to add, but there is some real trash at ridiculous prices. I saw a set of two men's scarves going for a fiver plus extras and thought they'd make a nice extra gift for OH's birthday, until I thought, lets shop around first. I ended up spending the same money on a geniune Harris tweed herringbone scarf ('cos the postage was free) than £13 on a couple of thin acrylic jobbies that you could probably see daylight through, and I stopped myself buying the set of water beads I realised they would have set me back £18, ok you get ten packets, but shopping around I managed to get ten packs for under a fiver (free p&p again) and I was able to choose the colours I wanted, so didn't have to receive a load of garish pinks and yellows I didn't want! I am getting better, really I am - If I say it often enough I'll start believing it lol!

As many of you know, I buy far too much from these channels - Some purchases have been good I hasten to add, but there is some real trash at ridiculous prices. I saw a set of two men's scarves going for a fiver plus extras and thought they'd make a nice extra gift for OH's birthday, until I thought, lets shop around first. I ended up spending the same money on a geniune Harris tweed herringbone scarf ('cos the postage was free) than £13 on a couple of thin acrylic jobbies that you could probably see daylight through, and I stopped myself buying the set of water beads I realised they would have set me back £18, ok you get ten packets, but shopping around I managed to get ten packs for under a fiver (free p&p again) and I was able to choose the colours I wanted, so didn't have to receive a load of garish pinks and yellows I didn't want! I am getting better, really I am - If I say it often enough I'll start believing it lol!

It's good to see you're getting better Merry and going by their sales of late it seems you're not alone :mysmilie_14:

The Water Beads is a good example of how much of a ripoff these channels are. £8 to have a few packets delivered that would fit in a small envelope with a first class stamp is daylight robbery and as you now know Water Beads can easily be found elsewhere for less than the postage charges.

Today's DOTD is a monumental ripoff too. Do these two products look similar?

http://dynamic.focalprice.com/EH0360B/Hi763_Miracast_WiFi_Display_Dongle_Black.html?Currency=GBP £13.28 Delivered

http://www.bid.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx? Id=5561640&Cat=6&Sub=15&Type=Categories £37.98 delivered

Merryone - If you and Lee from Ventnor have started to abandon these channels what hope have they got? Bid TV needs you!:mysmilie_13:

just watching Andrea ... is it me or has her looks changed quite a lot!!! ??? is it to much snail serum.... too much snake serum..... at a glance she could be Peter Simon's daughter :mysmilie_59:

I dislike "falling price" all it does is allow them to sell for higher prices than they intend to, if there is lots of phone calls.

It also allows bid to imply they are saving you money. if it drops from £80 to £50, how is it a £30 saving if you never intended to sell for £80

It's flat out bollocks.

I am just grateful Bid don't sell condoms. Can imagine Gollum selling them "as you can imagine I always need an extra large" *wink to camera then jokes to assistant that she knows for sure* or sanitary towels 'now if you are like my lady/goddess you will need ....

PJ

I see there are a few questions about delivery times on the bid Facebook page, their reply is black and white 'please wait for between 5-10 WORKING DAYS'.

So why do Split Ends and Gollum persist in saying 'days'? Sally briefly said 'working' days but has reverted back to just saying days and they say this for the same products that other presenters say 'working days'.

Can't think why :mysmilie_14:

"now i went into the warehouse"

Cannot be many aisles in there as it's the same 10 products on rotation at any time.

He says anything to make himself sound more important and superior, just look at the bad light he's been putting his goddess in. A fag ash, untidy, farts like a trooper, jeez he even revealed she has fungus feet.

He should have added she's a landlady.

Latest posts

Back