Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It wasn't a direct criticism as such but he pointed out that he has a clean record with the ASA as if it was some sort of a badge of honour, he also referred to meeting his 'Achievement of Channel Sales Bonus 3 quarters in a row' but regular viewers (particularly of Lisa Brash) will know that several presenters claim they don't get commission or bonuses to emphasise their 'honesty' credentials and it dosen't matter whether they sell more items or not.

His profile was deleted shortly afterwards.

nice of him to expose the inner sanctum

Peter simon must take our bet out for a holiday on his bonuses.

For anyone who is interested in facts the address Laurelle list is the same that hundreds of other companies also list. That particular Regent Street address is what is known as a 'Virtual Address' and while there is no doubt that an office exists at that location it is a tool used for a company to portray an upmarket image. A quick google search returns literally hundreds of results for companies that have that address!! Quite canny marketing if you ask me but do Laurelle physically do business from that address? I suspect not.

http://www.bcrvirtualservices.co.uk/

http://www.hold-everything.com/contact/

And for the record the picture that Kiri showed was that of a 'pop up' shop (adorned with suitable temporary plastic sheet signage).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWAoR8X-3gU

Changing the subject somewhat I managed to locate a wholesale price list for Laurelle fragrances. Bearing in mind that Sexxy Shoo has sold on the channels for well over £30 all in then all I can say is WOW!

http://www.laurelle.co.uk/pha_files/Laurelle_Price_List_2013.pdf

Here is a picture of how Laurelle does/did business on Oxford Street. Enjoy.

View attachment 9594

i've stood an watched this take place but i only stayed long enough to see the free boxes being dished out... I did wonder how it turned a profit. I definately regret not hanging around.

can you substantiate this with more than assumption?

Sure-here's the Laurelle website http://www.laurelle.co.uk/
Note the address, 207 Regent Street London W1B3HH.
Now Google that address and it takes you to numerous mail holding companies offering to 'give your business a West End address . Here's a grab from the BCR virtual office webpage for example. This is specific to 207 Regent Street.

''No matter where you are in the world, London Virtual Office can provide you with affordable office support services including;

> Mail receiving
>Mail forwarding
> Full telephone answering services
> Meeting room hire

The advantage of this is that your clients and suppliers are given the impression that you have a professionally run organisation, based in the heart of London. ''

Note that last sentence Bingowings-'YOUR CLIENTS AND SUPPLIERS ARE GIVEN THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU HAVE A PROFESSIONALLY RUN ORGANISATION, BASED IN THE HEART OF LONDON'.

Here is a link to the BCR virtual office website; http://www.bcrvirtualservices.co.uk/

Here is a link to the specific Regent St page; http://www.bcrvirtualservices.co.uk/London.html

But BCR is not the only privately owned sorting office at 207 Regent St-there is also 'Hold Everything' who do the same thing. Here is their webpage; http://www.hold-everything.com/contact/

Are you beginning to get the picture?

Now scroll down the Google page and you will find there are literally hundreds of small companies who list 207 Regent Street as their address.
It's a private sorting office Bingowings-a façade , a pretence.

So where are Laurelle really based?
Here is there actual address;

Laurelle Parfums

43 Purdeys Way
Purdeys Industrial Estate
Rochford
Essex
SS4 1ND
UK
www.laurelle.co.uk
Tel : 07922 103 711
I do hope I have now explained this matter to your satisfaction.

Natalie: "Their main offices are on Regent Street where all the other posh shops are"

:grin:

Hi Aqua
No not in the slightest. Your 'proof' is nothing more than speculation and assumption. Just because one of the businesses located at that address happens to offer mail forwarding you have assumed Laurelle uses that company. Can you actually prove it? No, you can't! There could be 4 floors of offices at that address. With scores of offices on each floor. I have to say I do find it ironic that a thread about BIDS honesty is filled with posts chock full of speculation and assumption lol.

Hi Aqua
No not in the slightest. Your 'proof' is nothing more than speculation and assumption. Just because one of the businesses located at that address happens to offer mail forwarding you have assumed Laurelle uses that company. Can you actually prove it? No, you can't! There could be 4 floors of offices at that address. With scores of offices on each floor. I have to say I do find it ironic that a thread about BIDS honesty is filled with posts chock full of speculation and assumption lol.

I have just had a colleague physically visit the premises-the actual entrance is 207/209 Regent Street.
They are not there.

I have just had a colleague physically visit the premises-the actual entrance is 207/209 Regent Street.
They are not there.

I have just had a collegue physically visit there too and they said they ARE there! But, much like you. I have zero evidence to back up my claim lol what's next in this procession of spurious facts? You met someone who works there and he said he works in a tiny post box? you followed the postman from regent St to Essex lol? You met the architect that built the building and they said there is only one office in the building ?? And it belongs to a mail forwarding company??

I really can't wait!

By 'colleague' do you mean computer? And by 'physically' do you mean google St view lol ..

No I meant exactly what I said, we are in Central London so it wasn't difficult -which of the words don't you understand 'physically' 'visit' or 'premises'?

Last edited:
what. you mean one of the worlds most prestigious shopping streets? in our nations capital? with some of the highest retail rents on the planet? IS HANDY FOR DISCOUNT SHOPS LOL.. seriously. i mean seriously i know you live to criticise but this is a touch over the top and desperate.

Laurelle list a Regent St address on their website. if you look on google maps street view they are clearly offices

http://www.instantstreetview.com/2oal37z3etxpqz1y2zr5z0

Kiri SHOWED A PHOTO OF THE SHOP lol and still you question if their telling the truth?? i think you might need to get out more.

I didn't see Kiri's photo. I was referring to the photo of the Laurelle pop-up shop I saw, which had a market trader doling out freebies to punters. The lower end of Oxford Street near Tottenham Court Road is full of low end discount shops and always has been.

And please don't resort to personal attacks on me. I never have to you or any other forum member.

I didn't see Kiri's photo. I was referring to the photo of the Laurelle pop-up shop I saw, which had a market trader doling out freebies to punters. The lower end of Oxford Street near Tottenham Court Road is full of low end discount shops and always has been.

And please don't resort to personal attacks on me. I never have to you or any other forum member.

For the record I can confirm that the photo Kiri's showed was of the Laurelle 'shop' with the chucked up, plastic signage with the guy shouting into a Britney Mic at passing punters, asking if they wanted 'free' perfume (pictures and videos already provided). In that respect I guess Laurelle at least 'did' have a shop on Oxford Street, albeit briefly :Laugh:

In Kiri's defence she was trying to fill time when the computers broke but it was probably not the best thought out thing she has ever done on air!

No I meant exactly what I said, we are in Central London so it wasn't difficult -which of the words don't you understand 'physically' 'visit' or 'premises'?

which of these words dont you understand? proof? fact? or spurious ? lol.

For the record I can confirm that the photo Kiri's showed was of the Laurelle 'shop' with the chucked up, plastic signage with the guy shouting into a Britney Mic at passing punters, asking if they wanted 'free' perfume (pictures and videos already provided). In that respect I guess Laurelle at least 'did' have a shop on Oxford Street, albeit briefly :Laugh:

In Kiri's defence she was trying to fill time when the computers broke but it was probably not the best thought out thing she has ever done on air!

I know. how dare she state Laurelle have a shop on Oxford St when Laurelle have a shop on Oxford St ... the cheek!:Laugh:

very true but i can assure you those shops are anything but cheap to rent!

Peter Sherlock is selling a delightful Rosa Benini, Animal Patch Leather Handbag. Peter explained 'No animals have been harmed in the making of this bag'. Then on reflection he quickly added 'apart from the leather of course'.

:Laugh:

AnimalPrint.jpg

Latest posts

Back