Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Very good Bingo but with all due respect I think it pays to be careful when Steve MacDonald is selling watches, particularly when it comes to their true value.

Sadly he has form. Very recent form.

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2013/10/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_235561.aspx

This cannot be allowed to carry on much longer with misleading advertising.

The ASA referred Sit-up to Ofcom on the 21st May with 27 breaches... yet since then they have breached the code a further 9 times!!

They have not learned their lesson and clearly they don't care.

Why are Ofcom taking so long? Surely they should be shut down :nod:

This cannot be allowed to carry on much longer with misleading advertising.

The ASA referred Sit-up to Ofcom on the 21st May with 27 breaches... yet since then they have breached the code a further 9 times!!

They have not learned their lesson and clearly they don't care.

Why are Ofcom taking so long? Surely they should be shut down :nod:

Maybe Ofcom have an awful lot of material to wade through :wink:

Yes, Peter Simon probably needs a group of 10 Ofcom officers dedicated to himself personally... :giggle:

I heard a rumour The Culture & Media Secretary is mulling over the idea of introducing a new super regulator just for Peter Simon but I don't know if that is a fact or not :grin:

And after doing that for many years they licence their name to some cheap Chinese firm who makes tat, go figure ...

Nope. They are made in Switzerland. You have to see the funny side of this surely? Such is the dislike of bid tv and campaign against them and their products that even when they sell Lamorghini !! They get abuse for selling tat. Lamborghini !!

Nope. They are made in Switzerland. You have to see the funny side of this surely? Such is the dislike of bid tv and campaign against them and their products that even when they sell Lamorghini !! They get abuse for selling tat. Lamborghini !!

I don't think anybody was giving them 'abuse' Bingo but perhaps some of us are rather cautious when they sell watches with a high price tag. I hope the buyers got a great bargain but I think it's fair to say that, at times, these channels haven't really done themselves or the viewers any favours when selling various timepieces.

The latest example of wrongdoing was, quite frankly, appalling.

Well to be fair Bid have made Swiss claims about other items which have turned out to be wrong. That's the trouble with a liar, they may only lie 50% of the time but once they o it is hard to trust them 100% of the time.

Yes, Peter Simon probably needs a group of 10 Ofcom officers dedicated to himself personally... :giggle:

The other day he said something that wasn't true & that lady (who co-presents with him in the afternoons) corrected him and he looked a bit sad or miffed (not sure which) but she then hugged him saying she had to correct him as shes got to protect him. I was wondering if they have been told to correct him now.

I had a look at this brand and they do seem expensive but I don't know if they are expensive in the same way that Aquaswiss, Skin Pharmacy and Laurelle are expensive.

Hopefully they were a genuinely good buy but I personally don't trust Steve MacDonald very much when it comes to 'expensive' timepieces. His recent upheld ASA watch complaint was, in my opinion, a long time coming.

I totally agree with you especially when it comes to Steve & watches, he's very bad for over exaggerating the prestige of a brand imo. I personally have only ever seen one of those Lamborghini watches in r/l and I hated it.
I hate the ingersoll watches too, are they trying to be rebranded as expensive time pieces? as far as I can recall they used to be cheap... quite ugly... yet reliable watches. I personally would never pay serious money for an ingersoll... imo the skelton style ones look horribly similar to the Earnshaw ones Bid used to sell.

I totally agree with you especially when it comes to Steve & watches, he's very bad for over exaggerating the prestige of a brand imo. I personally have only ever seen one of those Lamborghini watches in r/l and I hated it.
I hate the ingersoll watches too, are they trying to be rebranded as expensive time pieces? as far as I can recall they used to be cheap... quite ugly... yet reliable watches. I personally would never pay serious money for an ingersoll... imo the skelton style ones look horribly similar to the Earnshaw ones Bid used to sell.

His 'Art' sales also appear to be sailing a bit too close to the wind too, and he isn't alone.

The other day he said something that wasn't true & that lady (who co-presents with him in the afternoons) corrected him and he looked a bit sad or miffed (not sure which) but she then hugged him saying she had to correct him as shes got to protect him. I was wondering if they have been told to correct him now.

it's the public who need protecting! :giggle:

it's the public who need protecting! :giggle:

Far be it from me to tell the compliance experts at Sit-Up how to deal with a problem like Peter Simon but what i'd do is just give him clothes, handbags and maybe some fragrances to sell. Obviously with Peter there can never be a guarantee that he couldn't mis-sell them but there's less chance with a pair of leggings than a piece of jewellery. Alternatively they could just employ producers who can actually do their job properly and intervene when necessary, and immediately.

Having said all that he has even had his moments with stink. I can just hear him saying 'Not only from the Champs-Élysées to the Pumperdow to Koo-Koo Chanel, not only is Laurelle one of the great names in design it is one of the fragrances of the world'.

Here are Bid's answer to Holly and Phillip, I think you'll agree they make a lovely couple :happy:

Panto.jpg

Just putting it out there that Mr Mason loves tea, his ikkle boy loves a big bottle of tea too when asked if he wants a drink. Assistant Marina said she didn't like tea or coffee and was quickly told to fu.....go away by Mr M. Ten minutes later, she was called back in. This time she said she likes tea really strong but she didn't like the tea that she makes. So she does like tea after all, she was fibbing. Come on Marina, you've been away too long.

He was selling the ceramic teapot btw :coffee:

Just putting it out there that Mr Mason loves tea, his ikkle boy loves a big bottle of tea too when asked if he wants a drink. Assistant Marina said she didn't like tea or coffee and was quickly told to fu.....go away by Mr M. Ten minutes later, she was called back in. This time she said she likes tea really strong but she didn't like the tea that she makes. So she does like tea after all, she was fibbing. Come on Marina, you've been away too long.

He was selling the ceramic teapot btw :coffee:

Jenny Topp has long said she hates slippers but there are now certain types (i.e. the ones on sale) that she likes.

Apparently Jenny is on a spiritual trip in India. Here's hoping she comes back rejuvenated and inspired.

Frump is a generous soul. She is selling a cheapo brolly for 1p + the usual charges and she kindly said "we're not limiting you to buying one either, we're very fair about it. If you want to grab 2 or 3 of these just call back on another number and make your purchases".

What a heart warming gesture, it was very fair of her indeed.

Frump is a generous soul. She is selling a cheapo brolly for 1p + the usual charges and she kindly said "we're not limiting you to buying one either, we're very fair about it. If you want to grab 2 or 3 of these just call back on another number and make your purchases".

What a heart warming gesture, it was very fair of her indeed.

I can't remember who it was the other day but they were saying if you wanted two, you can call once from your mobile and then call from your landline!

What a carry on.

Also after watching Stevie Mac the other night, is this still a falling price channel or a no price till you call channel? I find it unbelievable that people will phone in without seeing the price of an item. The AA tanzy, silver pendant I think was a tad overpriced at £60 ++ and I think viewers may have felt the same because when the price was revealed, people stopped calling. He'd caught about 12 people out though. Oh dear.

I can't remember who it was the other day but they were saying if you wanted two, you can call once from your mobile and then call from your landline!

What a carry on.

Also after watching Stevie Mac the other night, is this still a falling price channel or a no price till you call channel? I find it unbelievable that people will phone in without seeing the price of an item. The AA tanzy, silver pendant I think was a tad overpriced at £60 ++ and I think viewers may have felt the same because when the price was revealed, people stopped calling. He'd caught about 12 people out though. Oh dear.

It seems that the usual 'multibuy' is another thing that has bitten the dust meaning you have to make another call if you want more than one of an item.

Steve has this 'deal' thing going on at 9pm that apparently everybody who was watching the show at the start will know what the price will be. He urges those people to call and only, and only, when the lines are clear will he reveal the price. However, he makes such a song and dance about it that it's almost certain that some people will call who don't know the price which to me is akin to a lottery.

Dodgy? Nothing more than crazy people ordering without being informed of a price? Being put under undue pressure? You decide :wink:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back