Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I only noticed because The World At War is a favourite of my Dad's and when Peter said that's what they were I thought it was odd that a tacky channel like Bid would have it on sale. It's an absolute classic, many consider it to be the best documentary series ever made. In fact it was the most expensive television series ever made at the time and took Thames over four years to produce.

Peter's behaviour is simply unacceptable, I do wonder if it will ever end.

it goes back to the sally quote we pointed out last week, the presenters genuinely believe that they are not wrong because they are clearly never told otherwise by the relevant people/their bosses.

I wonder is it big enough to hold a brick? You'd want a certain amount of depth to that whack :giggle:

A brick? Behave yourself Momma. Stick something weighty in a handbag made up of scrag ends of leather and I wouldn't be surprised if it fell to pieces.

Rozzer Benini might be the Donner Kebab of handbags :happy:

I see it and am sitting on my hands :mysmilie_845:

He just sold another 200 of them though Momma so in 2 days that's 400 women (or perhaps a few men as well) that must still favour the Ivy Tilsley/Vera Duckworth look :giggle:

Corie.jpg

Picture courtesy of Granada/ITV/Rozzer Benini

Last edited:
Peter was selling a Tanzo necklace & earring set and all of a sudden the sale closed. It was supposedly going to be a £1 Megadrop but yet again someone guessed the number before they could even show it and that was that.

It's happening quite often isn't it? It must be really annoying them as it will be costing them quite a bit in lost call revenue.

Peter was selling a Tanzo necklace & earring set and all of a sudden the sale closed. It was supposedly going to be a £1 Megadrop but yet again someone guessed the number before they could even show it and that was that. It's happening quite often isn't it? It must be really annoying them as it will be costing them quite a bit in lost call revenue.

How do people guess the number? Could staff be telling their friends?

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner *meep meep*

How do people guess the number? Could staff be telling their friends?

PJ

I have no idea how they get the number PJ, maybe they just have a punt by dialling one of the numbers previously used.

Edit:- Strangely I cannot find such an item in the recently closed auctions. Very odd!

Last edited:
I have no idea how they get the number PJ, maybe they just have a punt by dialling one of the numbers previously used. Edit:- Strangely I cannot find such an item in the recently closed auctions. Very odd!

That's the problem with people who lie a lot, even when there is no mystery it makes one suspicious. If they told me Titanic was hit by an iceberg I would have to check the film again ...

That's the problem with people who lie a lot, even when there is no mystery it makes one suspicious. If they told me Titanic was hit by an iceberg I would have to check the film again ...

Oh yes PJ :wink:

Mike Mason was in 'moan at the crew' mode again. Firstly he couldn't take down the fold away Toy Box and kept saying whoever put it up didn't leave him the label showing so he could easily do it. Then when he sold the Helicopters (all 2 of them) he said the by now standard 'I hope they've charged it'.

He's such a Diva Del Boy!

Mason is one shady git. He was just saying 'if you've bought 3 items tonight you've got £30 to spend at a later date with us here on Bid TV just for buying 3 items, 4 items £40, 5 items £50. Every item that you spend we will give you a £10 credit to spend on another day'.

While he isn't telling any lies he's being incredibly disingenuous. You might have £50 credit but he fails to mention you have to buy another 5 items to spend it, that would cost you coppers shy of another £40 on p+p alone!

Greedy Gollum.

Mason is one shady git. He was just saying 'if you've bought 3 items tonight you've got £30 to spend at a later date with us here on Bid TV just for buying 3 items, 4 items £40, 5 items £50. Every item that you spend we will give you a £10 credit to spend on another day'. While he isn't telling any lies he's being incredibly disingenuous. You might have £50 credit but he fails to mention you have to buy another 5 items to spend it, that would cost you coppers shy of another £40 on p+p alone! Greedy Gollum.

Would the real bald shady please stand up, please stand up ...

I hate it when he blames the crew. Behind every joke is an element of being serious and it sure feels like that with Mike.

PJ.

Would the real bald shady please stand up, please stand up ...

I hate it when he blames the crew. Behind every joke is an element of being serious and it sure feels like that with Mike.

PJ.

I am guessing he takes himself and his 'talent' very seriously, i'd imagine his Landlady/Goddess does as well. His fanpage (500 and counting) that she runs but stresses has nothing whatsoever to do with him is a nod towards that.

Maybe they both watch tapes of him on a Sunday night, who needs Downton Abbey?

Latest posts

Back