Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just switched over to Bid and seen for the first time this cruise show...I honestly can't believe it. It's SO bad. It's like a really awful parody of a shopping channel.

I refuse to believe this guy presenting isn't just one massive piss-take.

I cannot believe they're actually airing this.

I get that he's the boss of the company but he ain't exactly Victor Kiam is he?

Sally Jacks has just come out with a staggering statement:-

"We are now 13 years old. We can't have been going for 13 years if we've done anything wrong".

Breathtaking.

Ok... miss sally jaxx... and i quote

"we are now 13 years old.. and we wouldn't have been going for 13 years if we have done anything wrong"

Wow.

Ok... miss sally jaxx... and i quote

"we are now 13 years old.. and we wouldn't have been going for 13 years if we have done anything wrong"

Wow.

Glad you seen that too.

They are completely blinkered, I bet they don't believe they HAVE done anything wrong!

I doubt even peter simon would have said that.

I'd like to think it was a spur of the moment comment and she merely meant that they must be doing something right if they've been around for 13 years.

Nevertheless it was a very poor choice of words :redface:

I'd like to think it was a spur of the moment comment and she merely meant that they must be doing something right if they've been around for 13 years.

Nevertheless it was a very poor choice of words :redface:

one of those statements that only andy h could get away with and even then he wouldnt be daft enough to say it.

Sally Jacks has just come out with a staggering statement:-

"We are now 13 years old. We can't have been going for 13 years if we've done anything wrong".

Breathtaking.

LMFAO!

Yeah love, I'll print you off a certificate for all the breaches Sit-up have made with regards the ASA code if you like? :giggle:

What a clown.

Jaxx is now doing "wiki voice" on j-lo, its not only cringeworthy but they have locked the lines.

According to sally, j-lo "changed the world"

BOD seems to have settled down nicely in his new afternoon slot and has perhaps found his niche as a housewives favourite, there's names such as June, Elsie, Dorothy and Margaret all buying from him.

I know that presenters like BOD and Birkett would seem more likely to sell you satellite television in a shopping centre than actually present on it but i'm beginning to see the sense of having them on. Both of them will immediately lower viewer expectations and that coupled with the appalling merchandise seem a good match.

Maybe Sit-Up really do know what they're doing after all :happy:

Sally is selling this very attractive Wolf Print Fleece Jacket. She says that everybody is talking about it and suggested it would be perfect for a skiing trip.

Wolf.jpg

Steve sold 7 watches for £700+ each on PD (all 7 sold out). I was quite surprised but he said he sold the similar ones a few days ago (same brand) for even more. I wonder if they will make an appearance on BID next especially as its getting near Christmas, it will be interesting to see how they sell if they decide to try and sell higher numbers of them.

Steve sold 7 watches for £700+ each on PD (all 7 sold out). I was quite surprised but he said he sold the similar ones a few days ago (same brand) for even more. I wonder if they will make an appearance on BID next especially as its getting near Christmas, it will be interesting to see how they sell if they decide to try and sell higher numbers of them.

I had a look at this brand and they do seem expensive but I don't know if they are expensive in the same way that Aquaswiss, Skin Pharmacy and Laurelle are expensive.

Hopefully they were a genuinely good buy but I personally don't trust Steve MacDonald very much when it comes to 'expensive' timepieces. His recent upheld ASA watch complaint was, in my opinion, a long time coming.

Good to see the Producers are on the ball again. Look at the bottom right of this screen grab that says 310 Credit.

Mind you, whether it's £10 or £310 it could still be useless :giggle:

310 credit.jpg

I had a look at this brand and they do seem expensive but I don't know if they are expensive in the same way that Aquaswiss, Skin Pharmacy and Laurelle are expensive.

Hopefully they were a genuinely good buy but I personally don't trust Steve MacDonald very much when it comes to 'expensive' timepieces. His recent upheld ASA watch complaint was, in my opinion, a long time coming.

The lengths that these people will go to in order to validate a brand eh? This time They have gone back to the early 1960's, set up an Italian sports car brand, run it successfully for 50 years and created a raft of iconic designs that are known around the world for their exceptional luxury and hefty price tags. All so steve Macdonald can flog you a Lamborghini watch with a straight face under a spot light!

The cheek of these people

The lengths that these people will go to in order to validate a brand eh? This time They have gone back to the early 1960's, set up an Italian sports car brand, run it successfully for 50 years and created a raft of iconic designs that are known around the world for their exceptional luxury and hefty price tags. All so steve Macdonald can flog you a Lamborghini watch with a straight face under a spot light!

Very good Bingo but with all due respect I think it pays to be careful when Steve MacDonald is selling watches, particularly when it comes to their true value.

Sadly he has form. Very recent form.

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2013/10/sit_up-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_235561.aspx

And after doing that for many years they licence their name to some cheap Chinese firm who makes tat, go figure ...

Latest posts

Back