Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter Simon plumbed new depths today selling poppy jewellery (which they do in order to make a profit-the British Legion tag is just to stimulate sales. It's called 'chugging' meaning charity mugging).
He was saying 'and when you hear those awful words-the family has been informed.' I felt physically sick at his antics.

Sadly I struggle to watch it too. I remember the other year QVC were selling Poppy jewellery with a similar donation and if my memory serves me right all they basically did was sell the items for what they were (nice jewellery and a few bob will go to charity, end of). They had a few clips of people being interviewed but i'm certain it was nothing like this spectacle.

Sadly I struggle to watch it too. I remember the other year QVC were selling Poppy jewellery with a similar donation and if my memory serves me right all they basically did was sell the items for what they were (nice jewellery and a few bob will go to charity, end of). They had a few clips of people being interviewed but i'm certain it was nothing like this spectacle.

It's disgusting when he goes "full simon" on a product just to get all those non refundable £7.99's off of these people he has convinced that his word is gospel.

Pound for pound, jaxx is almost as bad though... its just hidden behind "im norvern init"

The Jacks Trinity of Bull:-

'It will be a considered purchase'
'all the designers had very similar to these in their 2014 collections'
'I was in the shops the other day and i'll tell you what, ones like these were really expensive'

'I was in the shops the other day and i'll tell you what, ones like these were really expensive'

She was in the shops the other day and bought a cream that was orrible so she's taking it back. She was on with that ex QVC fella that they've got in for Beauty week, doing a throat cream.

She was in the shops the other day and bought a cream that was orrible so she's taking it back. She was on with that ex QVC fella that they've got in for Beauty week, doing a throat cream.

If her vocal range is anything to go by I doubt there's much wrong with our Sally's throat :Smile:

i dont think i've ever seen her shift an item for more than £60 including charges... yet she bounds the words "considered purchase" so much that i am starting to think she doesnt know what it means

i dont think i've ever seen her shift an item for more than £60 including charges... yet she bounds the words "considered purchase" so much that i am starting to think she doesnt know what it means

I have absolutely no doubt she knows exactly what it means Mr T, Laurelle and Skin Pharmacy would be proud of her technique.

By planting the seed of it supposedly being a 'considered purchase' it gives her the chance to show shock and amazement when it goes for £20!

I have absolutely no doubt she knows exactly what it means Mr T, Laurelle and Skin Pharmacy would be proud of her technique.

By planting the seed of it supposedly being a 'considered purchase' it gives her the chance to show shock and amazement when it goes for £20!

Well slap my arse and call me shirley, you're right. i didnt look at it from that angle.

Oh.... and don't call me shirley.

Well slap my arse and call me shirley, you're right. i didnt look at it from that angle.

Oh.... and don't call me shirley.

Most have them have their little personal tricks to get a sale it's just that some are more subtle than others. I have to say that in my opinion this particular technique of Sally's is neither subtle or smart, it's a bit ridiculous really.

In fact i'd go so far to say that she's taking the pish but when you consider some of the bullshitters on these channels it's pretty tame really, and it's always good for a laugh! :Smile:

Most have them have their little personal tricks to get a sale it's just that some are more subtle than others. I have to say that in my opinion this particular technique of Sally's is neither subtle or smart, it's a bit ridiculous really.

In fact i'd go so far to say that she's taking the pish but when you consider some of the bullshitters on these channels it's pretty tame really, and it's always good for a laugh! :Smile:

I think I am building more of a intolerance for her because she seems to have built a legitimate fanbase... as opposed to peter simon's which is imaginary (big sales but he wouldn't take the time to actually know any of the marks/people)

I think I am building more of a intolerance for her because she seems to have built a legitimate fanbase... as opposed to peter simon's which is imaginary (big sales but he wouldn't take the time to actually know any of the marks/people)

I think I might be okay with her because to be totally honest I don't watch her for any great amount of time really. I suppose the day i'm in the market for a 1970's coat or gold and black Lily Savage dress I may watch her more.

I think the biggest compliment I can give her is that (to me) she isn't as thoroughly dislikeable as some of the others. Speaking of which it's Wednesday, it's 10pm :Smile:

I think I might be okay with her because to be totally honest I don't watch her for any great amount of time really. I suppose the day i'm in the market for a 1970's coat or gold and black Lily Savage dress I may watch her more.

I think the biggest compliment I can give her is that (to me) she isn't as thoroughly dislikeable as some of the others. Speaking of which it's Wednesday, it's 10pm :Smile:

See I find her more detestable purely because she usually goes under our radar lol

she seems to think that it is ok to make mistakes on live tv aslong as you say ''now im not making promises''

keep in mind I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who wouldn't purchase, even from their best presenter... paying £8 to have it sent to my door. ''avin a laugh''

See I find her more detestable purely because she usually goes under our radar lol

she seems to think that it is ok to make mistakes on live tv aslong as you say ''now im not making promises''

keep in mind I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who wouldn't purchase, even from their best presenter... paying £8 to have it sent to my door. ''avin a laugh''

Your perspective sounds a pretty shrewd one to my mind Mr T!! But let's face it they all have their snouts in the trough, even Andy H. In fact Andy was one of the bosses for a while so he knows exactly what goes on but he's still there isn't he?

I know things have improved greatly but I remember so well the way things were this time last year. I don't know if you watched back then Mr T but honestly they were a disgrace and that definitely includes Sally with her outrageous screams of 'you can buy 9 items for just £9' when in fact it would cost over £80.

No more!

Your perspective sounds a pretty shrewd one to my mind Mr T!! But let's face it they all have their snouts in the trough, even Andy H. In fact Andy was one of the bosses for a while so he knows exactly what goes on but he's still there isn't he?

I know things have improved greatly but I remember so well the way things were this time last year. I don't know if you watched back then Mr T but honestly they were a disgrace and that definitely includes Sally with her outrageous screams of 'you can buy 9 items for just £9' when in fact it would cost over £80.

No more!

obviously I can't speak for andy, but on some level that must show he consciously didn't want a active part in the misleading policies and decision making but he had been there so long he is almost grandfathered into his on-camera role and it's as safe as an on-camera role can be.

I'd say I first started taking a more active interest in bid in roughly march of this year, so i'm hazy on things before that time frame.

obviously I can't speak for andy, but on some level that must show he consciously didn't want a active part in the misleading policies and decision making but he had been there so long he is almost grandfathered into his on-camera role and it's as safe as an on-camera role can be.

I'd say I first started taking a more active interest in bid in roughly march of this year, so i'm hazy on things before that time frame.

I'm really not exaggerating when I say they were really bad, I don't think I can quite put into words just how bad but just look at posts from last year and all will be revealed! Funnily enough it was the dodginess that got me interested, I originally didn't take much notice and just thought they were pretty trashy channels that occasionally might have a good deal.

When I joined the forum way back it was to discuss QVC really but some people in work were talking about how bad Bid had become and it sparked my interest.

And then I found the Bid forum................... :Smile:

Same sort of thing with the likes of MacDonald and Simon

'Now it this goes to 55 quid, I'd just buy it, you'll be getting a really good deal, honestly'

So the seed of £55 is planted and of course it goes much, much lower. Shocked faces all round, shirts off backs, black eyes, kickings, the lot and the punter thinks he's got a 'steal of a deal'

Same sort of thing with the likes of MacDonald and Simon

'Now it this goes to 55 quid, I'd just buy it, you'll be getting a really good deal, honestly'

So the seed of £55 is planted and of course it goes much, much lower. Shocked faces all round, shirts off backs, black eyes, kickings, the lot and the punter thinks he's got a 'steal of a deal'

Steve is blameless Momma, and how dare you.

"If I halve this. you're going to be getting it for £55, a quarter of where we started. That means 75 per cent of the price we started with will have been taken away, will have been taken away - 75 per cent! £55 and it's yours … Dial right now … That is awesome! …One of the most brilliant buys for a gorgeous timepiece. … What if I said £51.99?...] All for less than £60 … I ask go to any jewellers and see if you can find a timepiece of this quality for around £60 … I'm taking it less than £50"

Whatever :Smile:

Steve is blameless Momma, and how dare you.

"If I halve this. you're going to be getting it for £55, a quarter of where we started. That means 75 per cent of the price we started with will have been taken away, will have been taken away - 75 per cent! £55 and it's yours … Dial right now … That is awesome! …One of the most brilliant buys for a gorgeous timepiece. … What if I said £51.99?...] All for less than £60 … I ask go to any jewellers and see if you can find a timepiece of this quality for around £60 … I'm taking it less than £50"

Whatever :Smile:

i love how he wears the suit to sell art and watches

Is anyone listening to Mason going on about being the best person you can be in life (hear no evil, speak no evil).

He is selling a resin Lucky Buddha ornament.

Latest posts

Back