Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think I'm hallucinating. Bid are selling Elvis Presley body wash and aftershave balm! According to Peter Simon, it's delicious. Um, yummy...

I think I'm hallucinating. Bid are selling Elvis Presley body wash and aftershave balm! According to Peter Simon, it's delicious. Um, yummy...

Interesting. Is it based on the recipe of products he used to use? Peter said by the time we get to 2015 we will be celebrating the 85th anniversary of Elvis Presley.

Elvis was born in 1935.

Peter is in the middle of probably the most bizarre Tablet Computer sale I have ever seen. The guy from the company looked totally bewildered!

Tablet.jpg

£35 at John Lewis IN THE SAME COLOUR.

In that case the amazingly low price James was talking about was no less than what you would normally pay for them + the p&p and call charge, I think they were going to take it lower but thought wow look at all these who have come in for it just take 5p off then, I wonder how many cancelled it

It looked to me like James was waffling on deliberately to push back the price reveal as long as possible, 2 sizes had sold out and the others were limited before the price even came on screen

Last edited:
In that case the amazingly low price James was talking about was no less than what you would normally pay for them + the p&p and call charge, I think they were going to take it lower but thought wow look at all these who have come in for it just take 5p off then, I wonder how many cancelled it

They were flogging 6 pairs of Slazenger Boxer Shorts recently at a supposedly fabulous price but you could buy 3 sets of 2 pairs of the exact same shorts in a far wider selection of colours from Slazenger's own website, delivered, for considerably less than their overall 'bargain' price.

They often do this, by selling them in large 'packs' it gives the illusion that you're getting a great deal.

You rarely are though.

They were flogging 6 pairs of Slazenger Boxer Shorts recently at a supposedly fabulous price but you could buy 3 sets of 2 pairs of the exact same shorts in a far wider selection of colours from Slazenger's own website, delivered, for considerably less than their overall 'bargain' price.

They often do this, by selling them in large 'packs' it gives the illusion that you're getting a great deal.

You rarely are though.

so much for warehouse clearance, James was going on about them from his first preview, I know how much Armani are and you won't believe the price today

I was sat thinking £9.99 to £14.99 with the extras £25 all in

James has gone back to his slimeball sales what a shame as a few months ago a lot of us said how good he was

so much for warehouse clearance, James was going on about them from his first preview, I know how much Armani are and you won't believe the price today

I was sat thinking £9.99 to £14.99 with the extras £25 all in

James has gone back to his slimeball sales what a shame as a few months ago a lot of us said how good he was

Not many bargains i'm afraid, not items with a decent quantity anyway. Earlier on Lisa Brash was flogging Snake Serum for around £10 more than it has sold for on a number of occasions recently.

James is definitely back to his bad ways, not pre-complaints levels of course but very vile all the same.

i disagree purely because he is very careful about not appearing vile in any form. conniving i'd say

He was somewhat vile when he was slobbering all over the dark jumper he is wearing, he was that excited over the Tablet you could see the gob flying everywhere! That poor man with him looked completely and utterly gobsmacked!

He's struggling to pronounce Annick Goutal but on this occasion it actually might be genuine :Laugh:

He was somewhat vile when he was slobbering all over the dark jumper he is wearing, he was that excited over the Tablet you could see the gob flying everywhere! That poor man with him looked completely and utterly gobsmacked!

He's struggling to pronounce Annick Goutal but on this occasion it actually might be genuine :Laugh:

I think they should give guy kean some primetime

Peter Sherlock did make me laugh earlier. He was talking about Mr Guy and he said he's a cross between an angry Paul O'Grady and Bagpuss :Laugh:

He is every angry person ever... inside swiss toni's body.

Guy kean could stand infront of that camera, tell me the earth is flat and i'd accept it.

He is every angry person ever... inside swiss toni's body.

Guy kean could stand infront of that camera, tell me the earth is flat and i'd accept it.

I used to just think he was a misery who may well have thought he was above selling mattress toppers (and to a point I still do) but I also now see his fabulousness.

That line he came out with last week about reusing the magic ribbons 'the next time you get married' was sublimely bitchy and cynical!

I used to just think he was a misery who may well have thought he was above selling mattress toppers (and to a point I still do) but I also now see his fabulousness.

That line he came out with last week about reusing the magic ribbons 'the next time you get married' was sublimely bitchy and cynical!

I thought the same thing until i realised that the other presenters treat him like he is the most miserable man on earth.... if he really was, they certainly wouldn't draw attention to it. the same tv channel that insists they talk about their nans.

He is genuinely fascinating to observe

I thought the same thing until i realised that the other presenters treat him like he is the most miserable man on earth.... if he really was, they certainly wouldn't draw attention to it. the same tv channel that insists they talk about their nans.

He is genuinely fascinating to observe

Oh I know. Unlike some others who tell us everything about themselves (true or not) Guy gives very little away about his life away from Microwave Egg Cookers, I think he very occasionally mentions his Mum but that's about it. Mind you, Dirty Peter gives nothing away either apart from mentioning his imaginary friends.

I'm baffled by the DOTD. Exactly what has some body wash got to do with Elvis?

Last edited:
Oh I know. Unlike some others who tell us everything about themselves (true or not) Guy gives very little away about his life away from Microwave Egg Cookers, I think he very occasionally mentions his Mum but that's about it. Mind you, Dirty Peter gives nothing away either apart from mentioning his imaginary friends.

I think there was quite a lot going on for the 35th anniversary of Elvis's death earlier in the year - Now the celebrations...wrong word I know, are over, bid have picked up some surplus stock from somewhere that didn't sell at the time - Some people will buy anything!

I think there was quite a lot going on for the 35th anniversary of Elvis's death earlier in the year - Now the celebrations...wrong word I know, are over, bid have picked up some surplus stock from somewhere that didn't sell at the time - Some people will buy anything!

Ah, I see. I know we are engulfed with celebrity endorsed fragrances these days but I have never seen Elvis aftershave balm before!

i notice he tends to sell products that dont leave much room for bullshit.

To some extent he is a grumpy hodgeson.. i cannot recall him doing something i'd class as a shopping tv no no

Latest posts

Back