Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was in my local shopping centre yesterday so just a note if anyone is interested that T J Hughes now stock the full range of Laurelle Sexxy Shoo for just £7.99 each!

They must have only just got them in as they aren't on the website yet.

Charlie just made me laugh. On asked by Mike Mason whether he would be buying one of the truly grotesque jumpers he is wearing young Charlie, seemingly wrongfooted by the question merely said 'it looks really warm and cosy'.

In my book that is code for 'I wouldn't be seen dead in it' :grin:

Charlie just made me laugh. On asked by Mike Mason whether he would be buying one of the truly grotesque jumpers he is wearing young Charlie, seemingly wrongfooted by the question merely said 'it looks really warm and cosy'.

In my book that is code for 'I wouldn't be seen dead in it' :grin:

i'd say it is a jumper that takes "character" to wear.

Fortunately for mike his character is jim davidson lol

i'd say it is a jumper that takes "character" to wear.

Fortunately for mike his character is jim davidson lol

Character? More like no self awareness :grin: Fair play to Mike for wearing it as i'm sure he wouldn't if he wasn't flogging it. I must say that Sit-Up is positively awash with jumpers at the moment with BOD leading the way and he isn't even selling his!

It's good to see Mike working so well again with Kiri, they are a great little team and their obvious fondness for eachother shines through. It must be good for him having friends like Kiri and Marina as he is away from home so much.

Character? More like no self awareness :grin: Fair play to Mike for wearing it as i'm sure he wouldn't if he wasn't flogging it. I must say that Sit-Up is positively awash with jumpers at the moment with BOD leading the way and he isn't even selling his!

It's good to see Mike working so well again with Kiri, they are a great little team and their obvious fondness for eachother shines through. It must be good for him having friends like Kiri and Marina as he is away from home so much.

he is going to show great sound... as he knows great sound.

The jumper suits him, the more i see him in it.

he is going to show great sound... as he knows great sound.

The jumper suits him, the more i see him in it.

I thought the felt (or maybe even leatherette) elbow patches were a particularly defining feature.

Peter Sherlock suggested wearing it with a patterned shirt, tweed jacket and complimenting the look with a cap. My personal input to that would be a casual spritz of Robbere Noir Eau de Toilette for that finishing touch of elegance and sophistication.

I thought the felt (or maybe even leatherette) elbow patches were a particularly defining feature.

Peter Sherlock suggested wearing it with a patterned shirt, tweed jacket and complimenting the look with a cap. My personal input to that would be a casual spritz of Robbere Noir Eau de Toilette for that finishing touch of elegance and sophistication.

with diamond dust in the pocket.... just in case?

I must again give some well deserved credit to Jenny Topp. Even in the face of some very intense competition from Shocked Face Sherlock she can more than hold her own in the bullshitting stakes, this lady has all the credentials to be a top Bid presenter in her own right.

I love the way (like Elisa) she effortlessly disregards the relevance of buying to size when one has sold out and that she can attach the moniker 'Yummy Mummy' to even the most hideous plastic handbags.

She's one to look out for.

I must again give some well deserved credit to Jenny Topp. Even in the face of some very intense competition from Shocked Face Sherlock she can more than hold her own in the bullshitting stakes, this lady has all the credentials to be a top Bid presenter in her own right.

I love the way (like Elisa) she effortlessly disregards the relevance of buying to size when one has sold out and that she can attach the moniker 'Yummy Mummy' to even the most hideous plastic handbags.

She's one to look out for.

That's right-Jenny Topp is so crass and insincere that she rivals James Russell. She is also hogs the camera, mugging shamelessly in an orgy of self-adulation.
A truly awful woman who hopefully will soon be consigned to well deserved obscurity.

That's right-Jenny Topp is so crass and insincere that she rivals James Russell. She is also hogs the camera, mugging shamelessly in an orgy of self-adulation.
A truly awful woman who hopefully will soon be consigned to well deserved obscurity.

Jenny glides through her shows, her performances brimming with falseness and exaggeration. Watching her with Peter Sherlock is more saccharin sweet than a US Infomercial. The way they were going on about 'Anna Smith New York' handbags was a bit over the top. The same Anna Smith handbags that are the domain ebay and Amazon, and if you're really lucky New Look :grin:

If Peter is reading I wonder what he thinks of TJ Hughes selling Sexxy Shoo (all flavours) for £7.99? Surely he won't be telling his family in Birkenhead to be buying it from him anymore when they can nip down to the shopping centre in their home town and pick it up for the price of Bid's p+p alone?

I heard him say that too. I was waiting for the paisley pants to complete the look.

Peter Sherlock really does know the lot doesn't he?

I heard him say that too. I was waiting for the paisley pants to complete the look.

Peter Sherlock really does know the lot doesn't he?

He's wasted on Bid, I could see him doing the fashion slots on ITV's popular Lorraine or This Morning programmes.

I feel so sorry for the two ladies who are in with some make up. Jenny Topp asked them a question and within just a few seconds of one of them answering she completely took over and just talked over them leaving them looking totally bewildered. They didn't bother saying anything else :grin:

Last edited:

just buy it... and worry about it fitting, once they have your p&p

that's the foreman-topp motto.

Adam has just used one of the strangest sales pitches I have ever heard on Sit-Up, and that's saying something.

When selling a poly cotton bedding set he said 'I shouldn't say what i'm about to say but, why not. If you just want the material it would be great for a covering if you've got chairs or if you want to cover that kind of thing, you've got enough material here to do quite a bit'.

Bizarre.

After going on all night about a non stop drop hour from 12:30-1:30 the computer "tripped out" on the first item at £2.99 and according to Peter it couldn't go any lower, they gave about 60 seconds to buy before moving on to the next item which they couldn't bring either for technical reasons

When they came back from a break Peter said that they have had to scrap the non stop drop hour as they couldn't find some of the items on the computer system but don't worry to make up for it everything else is going to be at clear out prices for the rest of the night

I noticed slightly earlier there was a problem with the picture which broke up for a few seconds before cutting to another camera so it looks like on this occasion it was a genuine fault

They sold a bag and spice rack for £1 each as an "apology price", They then sold Prada fragrances for £1 (they only had 3) so locked the lines, when Peter opened them it was the usual number on the graphics but he laughed and said its 2002

What I don't understand though is the bag, spice rack and Prada fragrance were meant to be in the non stop drop hour so why couldn't they do those items as non stop drops anyway?

Last edited:
The other week I mentioned how discreet Lisa Brash was regarding her new tattoo, sadly the same cannot be said about her performance last night. With the assistance of one of the male production staff to hold her top up (as you do) she smothered it in Cyclax moisturiser (please bear in mind where on her body the very large tattoo is placed) to demonstrate it's hydrating qualities.

Even as a viewer I could sense the palpable embarrassment of the crew. I always thought Lisa was a bit of an attention seeker but that little performance has to take the biscuit, even by her standards. Surely for selling purposes she would have been better demonstrating it on her legs? I doubt there are many other middle aged women with (in my opinion) a hideous, massive drawing down the side of their body who were thinking 'that would be perfect for me'.

I get the feeling her tatt will be making regular appearances on her show, maybe that was the thinking behind it?

After going on all night about a non stop drop hour from 12:30-1:30 the computer "tripped out" on the first item at £2.99 and according to Peter it couldn't go any lower, they gave about 60 seconds to buy before moving on to the next item which they couldn't bring either for technical reasons

When they came back from a break Peter said that they have had to scrap the non stop drop hour as they couldn't find some of the items on the computer system but don't worry to make up for it everything else is going to be at clear out prices for the rest of the night

I noticed slightly earlier there was a problem with the picture which broke up for a few seconds before cutting to another camera so it looks like on this occasion it was a genuine fault

They sold a bag and spice rack for £1 each as an "apology price", They then sold Prada fragrances for £1 (they only had 3) so locked the lines, when Peter opened them it was the usual number on the graphics but he laughed and said its 2002

What I don't understand though is the bag, spice rack and Prada fragrance were meant to be in the non stop drop hour so why couldn't they do those items as non stop drops anyway?

No doubt the only genuine thing if his shift was him laughing at the thought of people calling the wrong number and bring charged.

PJ

Peter sherlock "heeling" out on slippers

he said and i quote "i hate slippers as its like you have given up"

Brilliance until elisa said she could convert him to slippers

i wonder if she was successful...

Peter Simon was just saying how good Peter Sherlock is and said No bull I tell it as it is, I call a spade a spade

The bottle looks nice of Sherlock fragrance mark 2, Peter Simon says its the champagne of the gods and Elisa is buying it as it our Bet

The deal of the day was Links of London again, they had 800 and only sold about 100 but it was £39.99 so that's understandable

Is Sally off making some new clothes? as I've hardly seen her on for the last 2 months on a weekend

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back