Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to give credit to Paul Evers for his honesty, even if he could be considered to be admitting that they have bullshitted in the past.

He is showing some 'Dr Keller' slippers and said 'They are a big, big brand name, we are not making this up. They are well known for doing what Cringles did for us but in the big bad world'.

merely doing what they all do, when they have what is considered to be a legit brand.

"instead of talking up the quality or features... i'm just going to trash everything else we sell"

merely doing what they all do, when they have what is considered to be a legit brand.

"instead of talking up the quality or features... i'm just going to trash everything else we sell"

Aye Mr Tom but to be frank even him calling Dr Keller 'a big, big brand' is perhaps a bit of a stretch. They don't have a website and other than a few home shopping catalogues they aren't that widely available although anyone who lives in the Granada TV region should by now be familiar with the discount store 'Wynsors World of Shoes' who also stock them. Their exceptionally tacky adverts have been well known in Granadaland for many years :giggle:

Sadly we don't have a nearby store :giggle:

Last edited:
Aye Mr Tom but to be frank even him calling Dr Keller 'a big, big brand' is perhaps a bit of a stretch. They don't have a website and other than a few home shopping catalogues they aren't that widely available although anyone who lives in the Granada TV region should by now be familiar with the discount store 'Wynsors World of Shoes' who also stock them. Their exceptionally tacky adverts have been well known in Granadaland for many years :giggle:

Sadly we don't have a nearby store :giggle:

i take issue with it purely because i'd go mad if i bought an item from mason (for example) on the strength of his reccommendation ... and then two days later he was promoting a similar product by implying or saying the one i purchased was **** by comparison.

Back to not displaying the golds weight on the necklace I see tonight.

Mikes comment..."well what price would you expect to pay for a necklace like this....."

Well Mike imo that's kind of hard to estimate without knowing how much it actually weighs.

http://i42.tinypic.com/20px01w.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone see Sally flogging a pink frock earlier? She explained that of late she has been buying lots of clothing in that same colour.

Just the other day she was selling a grey handbag. She explained that of late she has been buying lots of clothing in that same colour.

Did anyone see Sally flogging a pink frock earlier? She explained that of late she has been buying lots of clothing in that same colour.

Just the other day she was selling a grey handbag. She explained that of late she has been buying lots of clothing in that same colour.

she is on the button when it comes to purchasing all the colours that she is going to end up selling.

Note, non of it bought from Bid though :wink:

Inventing a back story that connects them with the product is standard practice for the presenters.
It was this very technique that first piqued my interest. I was idly channel- hopping when I came across Mark 'The Syrup' Stewart flogging a teapot.I was about to flick on to the next channel when he suddenly said 'Our cameraman's nan was looking for a teapot like this..' ( Bid presenters must never say gran,grandma or grandmother btw-they have to say 'nan' because it's more lachrymose, syrupy and emotive).
I knew The Syrup was inventing this so I hung around for more and discovered an intriguing world of greed, falsehood , insincerity and manipulation.

Inventing a back story that connects them with the product is standard practice for the presenters.
It was this very technique that first piqued my interest. I was idly channel- hopping when I came across Mark 'The Syrup' Stewart flogging a teapot.I was about to flick on to the next channel when he suddenly said 'Our cameraman's nan was looking for a teapot like this..' ( Bid presenters must never say gran,grandma or grandmother btw-they have to say 'nan' because it's more lachrymose, syrupy and emotive).
I knew The Syrup was inventing this so I hung around for more and discovered an intriguing world of greed, falsehood , insincerity and manipulation.

i must ask, why is he.... the syrup? Lol

Oh so right aqua.

In fact right at this very moment the appalling James Russell is selling a 0.5ct Diamond Ring (basically made up from diamond dust) and he referred to the 'Four C's' but said that Carat Weight is the least important of the C's however, and as usual, has not once offered even a hint of specific detail of the other 3 C's.

So the one 'C' that they did bother confirming is the least important? You couldn't make it up!

Ok, mr far mani selling a cordless drill that has a spirit level on the side and he said "incase you dont want to hold (or buy) a spirit level"

Have a guess what the previous item to this was... a f#cking spirit level for "1p" and not once was it implied its really a tenner to get it to the door.

Just amazing.

Ok, mr far mani selling a cordless drill that has a spirit level on the side and he said "incase you dont want to hold (or buy) a spirit level"

Have a guess what the previous item to this was... a f#cking spirit level for "1p" and not once was it implied its really a tenner to get it to the door.

Just amazing.

A spirit level for 1p? Hmm, not bad.

But I think i'll wait for them to sell it with 'No P+P' for £5 :giggle:

A spirit level for 1p? Hmm, not bad.

But I think i'll wait for them to sell it with 'No P+P' for £5 :giggle:

i've also noticed there is alot of confusion, the presenters don't seem to know if they are in charge of the prices or not

"i didnt know it was gonna go that low, someones gonna get fired when the boss sees that"

"... and thats your final price. start the clock"

Make up their ****** minds.

i've also noticed there is alot of confusion, the presenters don't seem to know if they are in charge of the prices or not

"i didnt know it was gonna go that low, someones gonna get fired when the boss sees that"

"... and thats your final price. start the clock"

Make up their ****** minds.

©2013 Elisa Portelli-Foreman

Latest posts

Back