Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If Lisa is a reasonable person off camera (and I have no reason to believe she isn't) I think she would probably admit that she invites much of the flack.

They all do :giggle:

i was quite taken aback by how nice she was, she had no reason to be nice (or nasty).

Really it's my fault for assuming she would have an ego.

i was quite taken aback by how nice she was, she had no reason to be nice (or nasty).

Really it's my fault for assuming she would have an ego.

It is nice she personally takes the time to reply unlike Mason, who has his Landlady/Goddess and her lackey to deal with his legions (well, hundreds) of fans. That's what you call an ego :giggle:

I bet he hates it that Lisa is far more popular than him, she get shed loads of tweets but then again Lisa dosen't seem to pick and choose her followers like Gollum's mob do!

Last edited:
It is nice she personally takes the time to reply unlike Mason, who has his Landlady/Goddess and her lackey to deal with his legions (well, hundreds) of fans. That's what you call an ego :giggle:

I bet he hates it that Lisa is far more popular than him, she get shed loads of tweets but then again Lisa dosen't seem to pick and choose her followers like Gollum's mob do!

I wanted to take a comment peter sherlock (another one that is genuinely nice to me) made about "csi acton" and put the bid presenters in it like an actual show... but it went down like a lead balloon in there sadly.

I wanted to take a comment peter sherlock (another one that is genuinely nice to me) made about "csi acton" and put the bid presenters in it like an actual show... but it went down like a lead balloon in there sadly.

Somehow that dosen't surprise me Mr Tom, you do have to wonder why the Masonettes are incredibly intolerant to anything other than total praise. I cannot think why :giggle:

But it's great to see that Mike now seems to officially be Bid's resident Tech Expert, I was wondering how long his ego could take other presenters having an expert tag without him having one.

Personally I have considered him an expert for quite some time now, but not in Tech.

Last edited:
Somehow that dosen't surprise me Mr Tom, you do have to wonder why the Masonettes are incredibly intolerant to anything other than total praise. I cannot think why :giggle:

But it's great to see that Mike now seems to officially be Bid's resident Tech Expert, I was wondering how long his ego could take other presenters having an expert tag without him having one.

Personally I have considered him an expert for quite some time now, but not in Tech.

to be fair to him, sherlock knows i expose his silliest quotes or moments and takes it with the amusement it was meant to. not so sure how the others would feel.

to be fair to him, sherlock knows i expose his silliest quotes or moments and takes it with the amusement it was meant to. not so sure how the others would feel.

Indeed. It's a shame that Mason and his mob are a critique free zone.

So it's just as well this forum isn't :giggle:

Indeed. It's a shame that Mason and his mob are a critique free zone.

So it's just as well this forum isn't :giggle:

Mason actually said the other day on his show that there are a lot of people who dont like him and it is their right to do so. quite mature of him in his delivery too.

Mason actually said the other day on his show that there are a lot of people who dont like him and it is their right to do so. quite mature of him in his delivery too.

He's said it loads of times, he used to say he didn't give a monkeys what people said about him.

That was usually after he had been caught red handed bullshitting, he's a bit more careful what he says nowadays :giggle:

He's said it loads of times, he used to say he didn't give a monkeys what people said about him.

That was usually after he had been caught red handed bullshitting, he's a bit more careful what he says nowadays :giggle:

I know what you mean, i noticed it this time as it didn't have an ounce of antagonism in it, more mild acceptance if anything.

I know what you mean, i noticed it this time as it didn't have an ounce of antagonism in it, more mild acceptance if anything.

I think previously he was far more cocky and arrogant but like most have them has mellowed somewhat, which is good to see.

But I guess it has more to do with 33 upheld complaints and a referral to OFCOM than a genuine voluntary desire to improve.

Eitherway it's very welcome.

I find her programmes to be entertaining yet enlightening. Lisa can also enrich our knowledge with her voracious appetite for artistic history, philosophy, social and cultural traditions.

All of which she delivers in a manner which the average viewer can easily absorb.

I too, like your good-self was saddened that our Lisa only got two art pieces in her collection that evening.

Maybe it would be good of Sit-up management to give the 'art' of Art buying to Lisa so she can be like Peter Sherlock of the perfume section?

Lisa could be an ambassador of Stephen 'Lion King' Gayford and possibly have a live TV exclusive from the studio where Kinkade painted his last painting.... maybe they could have Stephen Gayford painting a pack of lions live from the jungle (don't let Sally Jaxx tag along however - her voice is like a mating call to the entire jungle).

That is all.

Last edited:
I too, like your good-self was saddened that our Lisa only got two art pieces in her collection that evening.

Maybe it would be good of Sit-up management to give the 'art' of Art buying to Lisa so she can be like Peter Sherlock of the perfume section?

Lisa could be an ambassador of Stephen 'Lion King' Gayford and possibly have a live TV exclusive from the studio where Kinkade painted his last painting.... maybe they could have Stephen Gayford painting a pack of lions live from the jungle (don't let Sally Jaxx tag along however - her voice is like a mating call to the entire jungle).

That is all.

:giggle:

I tell you what, I can't think of any other shopping channels that has a roster of so many expert presenters on their payroll and now we have another in Bid's 'Tech Expert' Mike Mason.

I for one feel lucky, in fact privileged, that I know I have access to a team of professionals with so much knowledge that I can readily tap into.

Take Chris Birkett for example, this is a Chef who is rumoured to have worked in some of the best known eateries in the United Kingdom (Wimpy and Gala Bingo, both in Burnley).

Last edited:
Guys and gals i swear this is true.

I didn't know whether to be shocked, cry or laugh.

Mr birkett (who i have no like or dislike for) said when promoting the no p+p evening... and i quote "it is getting a bit difficult to tell you the prices... as i am so used to adding the extra charges and rounding up"

I....mmense.

Lisa Brash has a Stephen Fishwick 'In The Ghetto' Elvis Print in her show tonight.

It's coming up just after midnight so make sure you stay up.

ghetto.jpg

I thought Peter and Elisa were funny tonight, She got him in to help show off the bed set and he completely took over the sell she could hardly get a word in, then there are his previews that take forever, Elisa told him to hurry up so he threw the £10 credit sign against the giant tv screen in a joky huff

Then when Peter started his introduction he was interrupted by Elisa wanting to say thanks to the assistant and to top it off he could hardly speak tonight saying don't forget to get your hand in your phone, getting the number wrong multiple times during the deal of the day, speaking of which they showed the cars wheels moving but for some reason they never showed us it driving round the studio or a VT of them having fun with it earlier

For fans of Peter and Elisa they are doing a special Friday night show next week 10-1:30, should be entertaining if nothing else

Oh and Peter is applying for the Great British Bake Off apparently, now that would be fun to watch

I've lost Bid TV from Freesat.

Price Drop vanished weeks ago.

All I get for both now is "no signal" :-(

Apparently they've moved transponder. Searching them now. I need Bid! :-D

Latest posts

Back