Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why does it appear set in stone (well, virtually) that craft presenters are not interchangeable with the non-craft ones? This was very much the case when the craft channel and the shopping channel were one company previously. For example- you never saw Parker back on Ideal World shopping when he was moved to the crafting operation. Others too. Yes, I know there have been examples from time to time where craft presenters have covered for the shopping channel and vice versa, but generally speaking not.

I think misguidedly, the new venture seems to be based around the personalities of the four main former Ideal World presenters to come over, as if it was vital to build something around them. Why? I have watched enough shopping television over the last 20 years or so God help me, and I just don’t see that charisma in any of them. In fact, I see the very opposite in the group. I certainly wouldn’t be building anything that you can escape from around them. I can assure you.

If they were determined to create a new shopping channel, for me, they would have been better guided to staff it with craft presenters - those not tainted by the final few months of Ideal World. If they felt somehow morally obliged to give the gang of four jobs, then start them on the craft channel - rather than trying to mimic the same ultimately unsuccessful formula and style of the channel gone bust.

Surely the key to any successful shopping channel is the quality and desirability of the goods you are selling at keen prices. It’s not making uninspiring goods at average prices appear to be good value by presenters going into hysterics over them. All the better QVC presenters are the ones who remain calm and in the background until they feel there is something of importance to say. The ones that let the goods to do the talking. Whatever its faults, QVC has been successfully trading for 30 plus years now, so they must be doing something right. Goods first- presenters second, perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s as you said way back on Create and Craft you can’t be hard sell and you need this, this morning you have Seamless Sunday, they know that not everybody Is going to buy, It’s interesting though Duke, if you remember we saw a different Sean Ryan, when he done the odd shift a few weeks ago, Those 4 are so tainted by hard sell now.

I’m not even sure the Create and Craft presenters really want to be associated, you see them on that video about the club, but I’m not sure if they are happy

You could end up with Dean Wilson and Joe Remblance turning up

Duke you’ve said before you aren’t a fan of Parker

I think it’s as you said way back on Create and Craft you can’t be hard sell and you need this, this morning you have Seamless Sunday, they know that not everybody Is going to buy, It’s interesting though Duke, if you remember we saw a different Sean Ryan, when he done the odd shift a few weeks ago, Those 4 are so tainted by hard sell now.

I’m not even sure the Create and Craft presenters really want to be associated, you see them on that video about the club, but I’m not sure if they are happy

You could end up with Dean Wilson and Joe Remblance turning up

Duke you’ve said before you aren’t a fan of Parker
No, I’m not. As I recall, he was used for technology demonstrations on the original channel. And I believe he has a background in IT that could be well employed if they do start to sell those sort of items again. Janice is another with decent enough skills to be a credible tech demonstrator. But I imagine (if they ever do sell tech) it with BS van Shurrvistsenta doing it.

Ideal World appeared to run out of tech stuff completely in the end. It makes you wonder just how many products sold overall were actually sent out by them, and not by the manufacturers direct. Wasn't it said recently that the rattan furniture that they were relentlessly trying to sell for the last few weeks wasn't even supplied by them? I wonder if that wasn't untypical, with a lot of the other stuff they were showing in recent times, too? In other words, were they simply acting most of the time as a free advertising agent for people wanting to sell their products on TV, rather than having a warehouse full of their own goods bought and paid for? Perhaps taking a cut from anything sold on air, rather than charging for the airtime? You wonder also, with the reported financial troubles that developed over the latter years, that suppliers of things like the reconditioned iPhones they used to do, and other bigger ticket tech in general, didn't want to either supply them direct any longer, or even be associated with the channel to advertise them? Who knows - not us anyway. So much smoke and mirrors with that channel towards the end.

Yes they do and you get them a lot sooner than from C&C, Sizzix and John-Next-Door being two examples. As for the Craft Presenters , most of them have taken up crafting and can talk about the things they themselves own which adds credibility to their performance , and is why Dean blathers on about himself as he cannot talk about crafting convincingly for me. Over many years I have come to enjoy shows with Martyn , who though not a crafter, is reliably just himself , puns and all.

I genuinely feel sorry for the Create and Craft presenters and production staff,having to be associated with these jokers.
Cheesey grins and self congratulating each other,nothing has changed in fact it’s got worse.
Don’t believe these shysters think a few months back,they don’t give a s**t about anyone but themselves!

And we surrender ourselves to the Great God Rattan
IMG_1267.jpeg

I can only see the "new" Ideal Shop World Extra going in one direction and not in the right direction, Its just like the dodgy car sales garage in every town in the country they sell the same old worn out cars vans etc, then the garage get crap reviews and after moving the dirty money round for a few months they "close down" only to pop up again a few weeks later over the other side of town with the same faces and same old stock looking for the quick buck, rinse and repeat no shame!

I will give Ideal Shop World Extra 5 or 6 months before we start getting technical errors on the youtube stream and website......;)

I can only see the "new" Ideal Shop World Extra going in one direction and not in the right direction, Its just like the dodgy car sales garage in every town in the country they sell the same old worn out cars vans etc, then the garage get crap reviews and after moving the dirty money round for a few months they "close down" only to pop up again a few weeks later over the other side of town with the same faces and same old stock looking for the quick buck, rinse and repeat no shame!

I will give Ideal Shop World Extra 5 or 6 months before we start getting technical errors on the youtube stream and website......;)
They’re selling some of the worst performing products Ideal World had so I think 6 months may even be a stretch

The whole operation seems baffling. Tainted by the last few desperate weeks of Ideal World broadcasting presenters, uninspiring products, a ridiculous motto…and making digs at times at the previous channel they once worked for. None of it, to them, appears to have anything to do with them whatsoever, as they portray themselves as lost to rescued souls…

And Sunday kicks off with the old ‘My Mum has dexterity problems‘ routine from Ryan..Let’s get her some sticky strips that fix things, he says. Fix what? How sticky are the sticky strips? Are they stickier than the last set of sticky strips they sold. Or are they even stickier than the stickiest set of sticky strips ever? Stick ‘em up!! This is a sticky strip hold up…You can stick them where the sticky sun don’t sticky shine…Ah..its a plastic sticky strip you heat up and stick on the top of your head to distract passers by from looking at your shiny top…

And Sunday kicks off with the old ‘My Mum has dexterity problems‘ routine from Ryan..Let’s get her some sticky strips that fix things, he says. Fix what? How sticky are the sticky strips? Are they stickier than the last set of sticky strips they sold. Or are stickier than the stickiest set of sticky strips ever? Stick ‘em up!! This is a sticky strip hold up…
They were awful. A nightmare to demonstrate and incredibly messy. Interested to see how they try and show these. Another poorly performing product from Ideal World

Used to work with them all, can’t say I’m surprised to see the fakeness they’re spouting over social media and on the new channel
Please tell more without naming names 🤔

And Sunday kicks off with the old ‘My Mum has dexterity problems‘ routine from Ryan..Let’s get her some sticky strips that fix things, he says. Fix what? How sticky are the sticky strips? Are they stickier than the last set of sticky strips they sold. Or are they even stickier than the stickiest set of sticky strips ever? Stick ‘em up!! This is a sticky strip hold up…You can stick them where the sticky sun don’t sticky shine…Ah..its a plastic sticky strip you heat up and stick on the top of your head to distract passers by from looking at your shiny top…
The only strip he needs is a sticking plaster on his gob🤬

Latest posts

Back