Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am very disappointed in what I've seen so far in this new channel. The same old Ideal World esque techniques for selling - presenting product demonstrators by ex-presenters (Britton with the collagen show) which by implication, suggests they are expert in that particular field. It's almost like they have a big dressing up box around the back with things like white coats, stethoscopes, temperature gizmos, construction hats.... And they say to each other - which one wants to be the expert in this today.... Put on this white coat and you're a doctor!! Carry this temperature gun and you're a heating expert. Put on this hard hat and cosmic dungarees and you're a yoghurt knitting builder...

Tainted by closure in the fashion it happened presenters - all the same old sales spiels and grand claims... The products I've seen so far are also uninspiring, and not particularly great value. I also don't know why you have to pay a such a large amount of money for postage for their 'club' membership, which presumably is a piece of paper sent in an envelope? And equally something that could have been sent to you by email, for free. Just hugely, hugely disappointing and dispiriting television.

I am very disappointed in what I've seen so far in this new channel. The same old Ideal World esque techniques for selling - presenting product demonstrators by ex-presenters (Britton with the collagen show) which by implication, suggests they are expert in that particular field. It's almost like they have a big dressing up box around the back with things like white coats, stethoscopes, temperature gizmos, construction hats.... And they say to each other - which one wants to be the expert in this today.... Put on this white coat and you're a doctor!! Carry this temperature gun and you're a heating expert. Put on this hard hat and cosmic dungarees and you're a yoghurt knitting builder...

Tainted by closure in the fashion it happened presenters - all the same old sales spiels and grand claims... The products I've seen so far are also uninspiring, and not particularly great value. I also don't know why you have to pay a such a large amount of money for postage for their 'club' membership, which presumably is a piece of paper sent in an envelope? And equally something that could have been sent to you by email, for free. Just hugely, hugely disappointing and dispiriting television.
You don’t pay postage with the club It’s a f up there end

If anyone thought this was ever going to be anything different than IW mkII, can you please let me know. I have some magic beans for sale ...

;)

I'll shut up about the launch after this (honestly!) however it was nothing short of insulting. Sitting there with the faux sincerity, the hugs, acting as if they had managed a miraculous escape from a terrible regime but were now back ... and the viewers should all be grateful. They remind me a bit of the folk on god tv, only difference is one lot are pushing god, the others are pushing sh1tty products.

For those watching IW mkII, how many of the following (or close to) are being used?

'We're already extremely busy.'
'We simply don't have enough stock, someone's under-ordered upstairs!'
'How much? Is that price right?'
'To be honest, we don't know when we'll be getting these back in.'
'I wish we were allowed to order.'

:)

Does Simon own Prianha as he seems quite freely, to give away scissors and stuff

Just for you Emma.

Piranha Products is a trading name of "Seen on TV Ltd"

And "Seen on TV ltd". Has two Directors, Many Iles and Simon Iles, although tracking Simon Iles through Companies house is made slightly confusing by him using both Simon Iles and his full name Simon Frederick Spencer Iles for certain companies.

Anyone else think it’s actually worse than Ideal World,the four shysters have set a new low in shoppingtelly selling.
In fact a nadir for the whole shopping community 😱

Coming across as a low cost very amateurish version of IW, which considering how amateurish IW was is quite an achievement from the new channel.

The bits I’ve watched I haven’t seen a limited stock or sell outs yet

I'm not sure their system and graphics are set up for that kind of onscreen messages, ie the shows aren't linked to a web page of the products like IW did. Have a feeling this is being run on a shoestring budget and minimal resources compared to IW's set up. It'll probable just be someone giving the presenters messages in their ear when low in stock etc.

Just for you Emma.

Piranha Products is a trading name of "Seen on TV Ltd"

And "Seen on TV ltd". Has two Directors, Many Iles and Simon Iles, although tracking Simon Iles through Companies house is made slightly confusing by him using both Simon Iles and his full name Simon Frederick Spencer Iles for certain companies.

I suspect he’s not short of bob or two looking at that..

Visually, it does look very low rent. A hazy looking screen, unless I have a hazy looking telly..Along with hazy looking on duty presenters, and blurry looking non-presenting presenters, representing what QVC would call a brand ambassador…that usually isn’t another QVC presenter..

I’m now looking for my top Exemplar Planet terrible sales tactics chart to be delivered upon in all future Shop Extra shows.
No.10 - We‘ve made some mistake with the price, Surely??
No. 9 - HOW MANY GONE???
No. 8 - PRODUCER!!! Order me that elasticated tent of a dress immediately- if you value your job.. DO IT NOW!!!
No.7 - We have a technical sell out … Er…
No.6 - We now have some left… Er.
No.5 - WE ARE INCREDIBLY BUSY!!! (Exactly what ‘busy’ means we are never told)
No. 4 - My poor old mother, she can’t use an abacus, let alone a smartphone.. Our Two Tin Cans & String Phone (TTCSP) is the solution for all hapless old buggers.
No. 3 - This Rattan Nightgown would be at least £1000 in the Rattan Nightgown Centre near us..
No.2 - THIS!!! Is FREE ENERGY!!!
No.1 - Now...I don’t mean to cause alarm...but have you ever frozen to death in a one bedroom hovel?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back