Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is a prize…The first viewer to get a rude text read out gets two sets of sticky strips…(My mum can’t he drones on)..Second Prize… three sets…Perfect for My Name is Den, he says. Who apparently bought a set of shoes that now need sticking from a shopping channel in a previous life, he adds..Nice dig…Please NO!!!! Not him…it’s now the renowned sticky strip king..Peter Von Hecksburt…One of their finest demonstrators, Ryan says. If he’s the finest, I’d like to see the worst one they had…My MUM…My MUM….God help us all…

And Sunday kicks off with the old ‘My Mum has dexterity problems‘ routine from Ryan..Let’s get her some sticky strips that fix things, he says. Fix what? How sticky are the sticky strips? Are they stickier than the last set of sticky strips they sold. Or are they even stickier than the stickiest set of sticky strips ever? Stick ‘em up!! This is a sticky strip hold up…You can stick them where the sticky sun don’t sticky shine…Ah..its a plastic sticky strip you heat up and stick on the top of your head to distract passers by from looking at your shiny top…
Yup, the best application for those ridiculous 'sticky strips' would be to slap them over all the shyster presenters mouths....its just IW Mk2,,,,I'll give it 6 months at best...

Somebody should email in asking if they will be selling rattan on the new channel?

Looks like the demonstration is falling flat on its feet. I’ve seen stiffer jellies..

He sticks something around a large broken bridge that looks as rigid as orange peel. Are you serious?? No hiding place in a photo-me booth..

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody should email in asking if they will be selling rattan on the new channel?

Looks like the demonstration is falling flat on its feet. I’ve seen stiffer jellies..

He sticks something around a large broken bridge that looks as rigid as orange peel. Are you serious?? No hiding place in a photo-me booth..
Sounds like someone just did 🤣🤣

Were the presenters in general nice people to work with? Were there any difficult ones? Was this forum read by many there?
Firstly, everyone is aware of the forums but only some read. It’s quite fun seeing how much you lot can get dead on but also how much you can be completely off the mark.

The best presenter to work with by far was Peter Simon. An absolute gentleman who went out of his way to be lovely and welcoming to absolutely everyone. Always friendly and keeping the mood high even when times were rough.
Mike and Gen were great to work with and had high standards in the best way.
Shona was lovely, Sally could be a nightmare. Shaun Ryan and Dennice made it very clear they thought they were better than most people there.

Well there you go. I think some of us might have thought Peter Simon would be not a nice person to work with, but from what you say, he was. Lesson learned. I think we were right on Ryan and Robinson…

Well there you go. I think some of us might have thought Peter Simon would be not a nice person to work with, but from what you say, he was. Lesson learned. I think we were right on Ryan and Robinson…
He knew everyone in the building on a first name basis, and that says a lot. He made such an effort with every person but also each of his shows. One of the friendliest people I've ever met and easiest to work with. Not got a single bad word to say about him

This crap is excruciatingly bad, says a lot about those running Hochanda at the moment that this is the best they can do at filling the gap left by IW, i've seen school shows look more professional than this, don't think they could have picked a worse bunch to present the shows, ok ok I know the loud mouthed shysters would have been worse, but this lot are pathetic. How many times has Shaun mention "me mam" since launch, a hundred? A thousand?

I think that studio is incredibly tiny, as they have indeed alluded to during tonight’s programming. Almost reminds me of the camera tricks estate agents use when they are trying to make small property look bigger. I assume they are being shot through some kind of wide-angle lens to make the studio look much bigger, and the presenters further away, than it actually is, and they really are. Very much Ideal World reborn. Each evening more of the ex-demonstrators/presenters re-appear. Even Adam, the ex-gardening expert from Ideal of five or so years ago is back with cordless mowers. Always seemed a lovely and genuine chap. Products on show since that sticky stuff, are in fairness not too bad.

Whether they were nice or not to work with, really doesn't/didn't interest me, cause for me (and i would hope for any customer), the ONLY character trait that is important when viewing a shopping channel is whether the folks on screen selling to me/others are trustworthy and not a bunch of lying shysters, of course in IW's case we all know the amount of misinformation and lies that were spouted.;)

The problem might be in attracting 'stars' like Chef Car on His Head is that it's not exactly a kitchen. It reminds me of the very small space that was called one that I had when I lived in a one bedroomed cottage in a village near Milton Keynes. It's basically a worktop, isn't it? Or have I missed the actual kitchen?? Shouldn't the show be called In The Broom Cupboard, On The Worktop? Not In The Kitchen...

Latest posts

Back